I Never Thought I Would Have my Implants Removed - Seminole, FL

Two years ago in June 2010, I had a breast...

Two years ago in June 2010, I had a breast augmentation done. After surgery I was 350CC over the muscle. Everything went great and as planned until about 8 months later my right breast started to feel hard and it almost felot as if there was a bubble in my breast. I couldn't squeeze my boobs without feeling this ball in my chest. About 6 months ago, my left breast felt the same way. I had found out from my right breast, that i had capsular contraction. About a couple weeks ago, my breasts seemed to be changing shape and my nipples seemed to even grow!? It was hard to finally face the facts that my body was not going to accept these implants and even opting to try under the muscle *beings that was said to have a lesser chance of capsular contraction*, I was too scared to have another surgery and i felt like I was just wearing my chest down to the ground.

I am only 21 and I never wanted any of this to happened. I would rather feel comfortable in my own skin then to be uncomfortable knowing I have these balls in my chest. It was uncomfortable to sleep...cuddle with my boyfriend or even sleep on my back because they would just be sticking straight up in the air! So yesterday *the 27th*, I had my breast implants removed. Today I had the gauz taken off and I was able to see what they looked like. This was nothing I could prep myself for and I was a little emotional and teary eyed when I saw. My mom and boyfriend was there to help me through it all.

Yesterday at about 7pm... I started to get a massive migrain and felt sick to my stomach. I do have the patch on me that helps prevent getting sick but I think my body has overcome that patch and I ended up throwing up at 4am this morning. Which never happened to me when I first got my breasts done. This is def worse then getting them put in (pain wise). My boobs feel a little blown out like there droopy around my nipples but I'm hoping with time that perk up a little. I'm trying to be positive and remind myself why I did this in the first place. Reading all of the girls storys on here has really helped me move forward. Thanks so much girls :)

Today is day three of my surgery. My boyfriend...

Today is day three of my surgery. My boyfriend helped me take my first shower last night & actually went okay. on day two (yesterday) my ps took off my bandages and put me into a bra that was pretty tight to bound my chest. It's pretty uncomfortable and I have to wear it for 3 weeks X-\ . Today I'm waking up much more comfortable and out of pain. I can sit down on the couch and scoot myself to the edge and get back up again without much strain. I'm taking everything day by day and not letting any negative thoughts come into my mind because I was made the way I was and I should be proud of that and not want to cover it up with implants. Because I am beautiful inside and out and so is every woman on this site. I have added an updated picture of how I look now without the implants. I'm still a little saggy on top of the nipples as it looks like they've caved in. They have taken a new shape (obviously bc of the implants). But they look a little bigger than before because they are wider from the implants. Whereas before, my boobs sat more in the front of my chest. We have to all find something positive about the choice we made, even if we don't think so right now! :)

So today is day 4 of my post-op. I woke up today...

So today is day 4 of my post-op. I woke up today feeling a lot more optimistic about my chest and started to realize that my chest does not make who I am. Whatsoever. Of course throughout the day I have taken a peek at them but every time I look at them I am even happier than before about my decision. My physical opportunities are limitless now. I feel great about myself. On the 11th I get my stitches out which is exciting. The pain is my chest is pretty much non-existent except when I use my chest muscles in a weird position. Sometimes I have some sharp pains my scars but I know that is the healing process. Tonight is the first night I get to sleep on back completely flat without being elevated. Although I think I'm going to keep a little elevation just in case. I hope this has been helpful to you ladies! Good luck xoxo

So today is my three weeks post-op. I am feeling...

So today is my three weeks post-op. I am feeling great. Minimal soreness except when I make a big movement and they bounce. I am a good size 34 B and love my new boobs. They have a great shape and have fluffed up to a good amount. I was able to buy a bra without padding today which was fun because sports bras for three weeks was horrible with outfits! :-X . Three more weeks and I will be able to wear a normal bra with underwire! :-) . I have learned to love my chest and it didn't take long as I saw the good in every decision I made to get this operation done. As I have made jokes about my chest to friends, "I am flat & happy!". Not flat at all, but I am happy to have those big balloons gone and be able to lay on my stomach and sleep....RUN for once without them bouncing hard on me. Sensation has come back...Boyfriend is ecstatic lol! I feel more petite and my friends have told me I look "sportier". Haha. Anyways, letting everyone know that I am completely satisfied and even when I see girls who just got theirs done or already have them done....I don't get jealous or mad. I am happy they are happy with their chest and hope they don't have to go through what I did! Because I am all natural and no longer have to worry about any problems with a foreign body being inside my chest. I'll post pictures in just a minute!
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

was your removal not worth it? do you like your results? You marked not worth it for removal so just wondering.
You look great! Thank you for writing, it really helps to read other peoples stories.
wow ! u look great!
You look awesome!!!!
You look great
Hey! great story looks great! I have 375 cc saline above the muscle were yours above or under the muscle?? my plastic surgeon said i should get smaller implants because I will sag, and getting implants again is not a option for me. Thanks!!!
You look amazing! Where is your explant incision? I can't see it at all!
You look fabulous! Poster picture of a successful explant!
Hello, I think you look great :) I am having an explant because of capsular contracture also. I was 38DD and then had 700cc over the muscle my surgery is Oct 4 2012 and I am worried what I will be left with :( thanks for posting your pics I hope I bounce back too. Take care ;)
You look really great! I am thrilled that things worked out this way! I had my implants when I was 21, 350cc as well, and three years later I wanted them out. My surgeon told me I would need a breast lift and have scarring all over if I removed them, so I have kept them for 12.5 years. If I had seen this post back then, I would have known better and stuck to my guns. So thank you for sharing your story so that other girls can see that it is possible to go back!
You look beautiful .I hope mine will look as nice as yours do .I have had mine only 5 months and have had nothing but problems have not enjoyed these baby's at all I found out that they are money pits and alot of pain too.But you look asome and I'm sure your boyfriend see's you beautiful aswell.
You look really good now, you must be thrilled with your results xx
Wow you look amazing...very jealous lol xx
Ashley... How re you doing.
So glad that both of you are happy :) I love the shape of my boobs now. Just waiting for then to perk a little bit more and ill be set :)
My explant surgery went smooth as well! I am 3 days post op, no pain and my breasts look normal- even better than they did with implants! I am so happy and comfortable with my "new body" and look forward to a healthy life without silicone in my body!
well said ashleygail,, i think you look great, naturally beautiful, so glad your happy with your results, im 5 weeks now explant and im soo pleased and feel much more confident without hard boobs. take it easy and happy healing xx
Thanks ladies :) I think we should all be happy with ourselves. I began to think the other night about why I wanted the implants so badly. Was it really for myself? Or was it to make myself feel more confident when someone looked at me. I really dont think seep inside it was for myself. I saw a movie star on the tv the other night, Kate Hudson. I looked at her chest and she has nothing at all barely! And she has enough money to change every aspect of her body but she obviously loves her body the way it was made and I think that is something we should all take into consideration. Strut your stuff with the confidence of how you are naturally and that makes you look 100x better than covering up your insecurities with fake implants. :)
Wow. You look amazing. Glad you are healing well. I too get to sleep normally again, which is great.x
You look great!!! I am pleased to read you are finding the positive in your decision. It is not an easy decision to make (I am still at a cross roads in mine). Sending you healing thoughts and well wishes :)
Thank. You so much. They're really not that big but when ivtyrn to the side the left breast looks a little different... More like a slope. So im hoping since tgey turner out half way decent, it won't take long for them to fluff up.
You look great! I'm serious, you look like you never had implants. They are beautiful! I truly mean that.
You look great for just having them taken out! Give your body time to heal and the tissue time to settle, and I bet they look similar to how you looked before you even had implants put in!
They are not exactly the same and they are a little smaller..but I think with time I I will perk up a little more. That's all o really want anywaysbut if it doesn't happen then I'll be okay because I know im healthy now. :)
As the skin shrinks back they will perk up more, just give it some time, you're lucky you only had them a short time. I am glad you are feeling much better. I am having the same problem with my left implant and can't wait to get them out, although I am nervous of the outcome.