Smart Lipo - The Importance of Wearing Compression Garments! - Seguin, TX

I've been reading everyone's testimony on this...

I've been reading everyone's testimony on this smart lipo topic; both good and bad. I've seen a lot of concerns regarding the compression garments we've been told to wear. I personally, have had smart lipo last week and I will post my full-blown story and pics hopefully by tomorrow.

OK, I've finally had the chance to take pictures...

OK, I've finally had the chance to take pictures. A little a$$-backwards, I will post my before pics as soon as I retrieve them from my doc, sorry. But I forgot to take some B4 pics with my phone prior to procedure.  I had my arms, upper/lower back and thighs done on 09NOV12 and then I had my upper/lower abs and love handles done on 09NOV19. I'm in the Army, so this helps A LOT with my tape. I normally work out, but after I had my daughter 3 yrs ago, it's been seemingly impossible to work off these areas in a decent amount of time.

Dr. C and her staff are the sweetest to deal with. Mary the consultant is also a joy, as well as Lindsey and the others. They answer all of your questions and even the Doctor herself comes in to greet you and answer any more questions you may have.

During the procedure I felt absolutely NOTHING but a comfortable massage feeling... However, after the local anesthesia and drugs wore off I was in a world of pain until I controlled it with Percocet (I have a high tolerance and Tylenol just wasn't cutting it for me).

I cannot stress how much better I feel with the garments on (as opposed to off).  It certainly feels as though the garments are supporting me and holding me together. But at the same time I cannot WAIT to be able to take them off and KEEP them off.

I am still swelling, but feeling much much better than a week ago and two weeks ago. I can see immediate results but I am expecting my back and arms to look way more sculpted than this. Also, I am waiting for my waist to shrink a LOT more than it has so far. I will keep you posted!

I'm going to see Dr. Carreon this week for my first consultation, I can wait.!

hi, i just read your blog. i have tons of questions and concerns b/c i too are in the military and i just had this procedure done four days ago. i had my upper/lower abdomen done and as well as my sides. one of the questions i have for you is how long did it take for your swelling to go down and most of the soreness to go away? during the first week my doc said to wear the compressant garments, did you wear them while taking a bath/shower? and by being in the military how did it take for you to return to work? i know i have a lot of questions and concerns and i hope that you can help me out. thanks in advance.

I also went to Dr. Carreon and had great results. My swelling came down even More in 3-6 months. She takes her time during the procedure and very compassionate. The staff is the best also. You look great!

UPDATE: 2011FEB20:::::::::::::::: So now,...

UPDATE: 2011FEB20::::::::::::::::

So now, it's been over a year and a half since I did this... The most noticeable are my rolls. Although, my upper abs, I notice no difference at all... Neither do I notice any difference on my right arm. My left arm shows difference, though and is actually noticeably smaller than my right arm...

My suggestion would be to not do too many areas at once. This way, they Dr. can focus more on your desired areas (as opposed to spreading his/her time between the areas before the anesthesia wears out...

If I were ever to do this Smart Lipo again, I would not ask Dr. Carreon to do more than 2 areas at once and most importantly, I would ask her to use more of the vaser and to actually suck more of the fat out.
I just had the procedure with Dr. Carreon about 2 weeks ago on my upper/lower abs, love handles, and pubic area and I'm doing great. The only thing I'm having an issue with is the pubic swelling. The garments are a must to help with the swelling, you take the garments off to shower just put them back on after just make sure you are really dry. Pain is based on the individual person, I was fine by day 3 I hardly took any Vicodin. I was back to work that Monday I took 2 days of leave after my procedure just to cover myself. Once your stiches are out you will itch like crazy, I also crave salt so just drink gatorade it helps. Also laying around doesn't help the two days are ok then you need to move to get the juices flowing around.
HI- I had smart lipo with Dr Carreon on Feb 5th. Do you have any lumpiness or waviness in your abdomen area??
Hi, Morenita. I did have some dark marks from the needles. These can be prevented by using hydroquinone 4% Obagi's 'Clear' does the trick. Apply as soon as your spots heal.

It has been a year and a half since my procedure.....

It has been a year and a half since my procedure...

Looking back, I regret spending so much money for smart lipo, because they don't suck much of the fat out and instead rely on your body to flush it out..

I have just discovered Dr. Rhoads in Austin, TX (www.rhoadtobeauty.com). She offers water-assisted lipo (google it), which sucks out all of the fat and power sprays the inside area with the jets. The machine simultaneously shoots more anesthesia into the area being worked on, during the entire process.

I was referred by a friend and she and her staff are wonderful. She offers water-assisted liposuction for $500/per area and does anesthesia in-office, cutting your normal astronomical typical lipo in half. So, I totally wish I would've known about her before I waisted so much mula for the 'smart lipo'!

I scheduled to have my procedure done on March 9, 2011 and I a sooo excited! I will be sure to post proper before/after pics this time :)

I just went and got my smart lipo yesterday. U/L abdomen, love handles, back, and upper hip area. my friend told me about this site and it is awesome. I'm considering going to get my thighs done and im looking for docs in Houston, but I think I may just stick with the drive to seguin. I am not really able to see all of my results yet but Dr. Carreon and her staff were a complete joy. I really commented because I wanted to say i understand the struggle to make weigh and tape as a thicker black woman. I was just medically retired from the Army in July 2013. My wholecareer I never mad weight and I was waaaay smaller that I was now. It just depended on how the person taped that day to let me know if I would pass or not. I am out now due to a back injury and i have picked up over 40 pounds since july due to the steroid injections i have to get in my back. I've decided to not get them anymore and feel like the surgery would be a good boost for meto get back into my exercising. I really hope getting the surgery has worked out for you and your career.
My apologies, I got tumescent liposuction
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dr. Melanie Carreon

Professional and informative, but the smart lipo procedure was simply not thorough enough because that machine leaves so much of your fat in your body, leaving your body to flush the rest out (which happens either very slowly, or not at all).