Bye-Bye "Dora" - Seguin, TX

I've always had a "Dora the Explorer" shape, no...

I've always had a "Dora the Explorer" shape, no matter how in shape I've been. I wanted some curves to me, and I wanted the bulk of my midsection defined. After battling ovarian cysts for the past year, and gaining about 20 lbs, and losing my self esteem, I knew that this was the time to act. If you aren't into high rise, med-center doctors, who look at you as a pay check, not as a person. Dr Carreon might be a good place to start. I never felt uncomfortable or out of place. I didn't feel like they were picking out my flaws for profit. I felt empowered to make the best choice for myself when leaving her office.

2 days post op

Minimal swelling, but I've followed my doctor's instructions perfectly. I haven't had much pain, but I'm very dependent on my compression garment. My belly feels like jello without it on. My pelvic area is pretty bruised up, but the pain is extremely tolerable.
I only had drainage for the first 18 hours after my procedure. Dr C's staff had me wrapped to perfection, so I have very little to clean up. In my 10 pack of bed liners, I used all but 3. When I took off my dressings, they must have weighed at least 3 lbs!

Day 5-- kill me!

Today was the first day that I've been in any extreme pain. It's a mixture of starting to swell up, and my period forced it's way through my birth control pattern. I'm miserable!!! It hurts to sit, my back hurts and I feel like a balloon. I really think that most of my symptoms are from my menstrual irregularity and a case of bad luck/ timing. My bruising is starting to show more on the top of my abdominal area and less in the pelvic region. My sides are extremely sensitive, but my curves are starting to show! I'm very excited, I can't wait to get back in the gym and finish the job.

Day 6

I'm feeling great and I think today is the day that I'm going to get back in the gym for some light cardio. I had to cover my furthest stitches on each side with bandages, because I sleep on my sides. They are getting really irritated, but minimal redness. My sides, where I feel like she sculpted the most, are extremely tender and a bit numb.
Dr. Melanie Carreon

Dr Carreon's staff was attentive, caring and informative. Dr Carreon and her staff were more detailed in pre and post-op care then any doctors that I interviewed in Houston. I mainly interacted with her staff, until the procedure, but that was also based on my scheduling times. She preforms two procedures a day, a 9am and a 1pm. Needless to say, she's a busy woman. This is a female run facility, it's clean, comfortable and right outside of the hill country. It was definitely worth the drive!

Hope all is well and your healing nicely.
Congrats!!!!!! Happy Healing. May i ask what you had done,i see the abs but you didn't say what you had done or how it went for you. Curious as this helps others and myself because this is my next journey. Thanks Happy healing.
Hi Bella! I had my upper & lower abs done, as well as my waistline from my hips to my back. Dr C doesn't like to do women's flanks bc it leaves an unnatural shape on us.
Well it shows and you look great and natural. :)
Thank you! I have received compliments that I look "curvy," not skinny. Diet and exercise will thin me out, I was looking for the natural curves that this procedure has allowed me to have.
Yeah curvy is always good!
I am glad you got the curves you wanted :)
You look great so far! I too waited about 5 days to get back into the gym and felt great. I noticed you saying you had ovarian cysts and weight gain, about 10 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS which was the cause of those issues and my doctor gave me medicine which regulated the issues and helped lose weight, maybe you might want to check into it because I saw our stories are similar :) happy healing you look great!
Thank you, Amg408! I've recently found out more info about PCOS. I wasn't aware of the effect that it has on the body until recently. I am looking for a new doctor with a smaller practice that has more time for me. Small practices are hard to find in Houston!
I know, especially great doctors who really know the ins and outs of the disease! Best of luck!! Enjoy your new body!
Thanks for all the pictures!  You look great!  I'm sorry that the pain caught up with you, but glad it only lasted one day!  I hate getting my period, so my doctor lets me just take the active pills all the time and I never get a real period anymore.  I still get mild cramps on occasion, but nothing like before!
What are active pills? I'm new to birth control. I've been put on it because of ovarian cyst issues. My doctor isn't exactly the friendliest, and she doesn't spend a lot of time with me. So, I got the scoop on fat removal... I had 3350 mild taken out of me, which is roughly 113 ounces!!! That's a lot of jiggle! I gained a lot of weight this year because of my cyst issues, and it had all located itself into my stomach. I started a juice cleanse the day after my procedure, so I think that has helped with the healing process and swelling.
I'm really new to birth control as well!  I started it because of hot flashes (I'm 39) and acne.  It is working great for the acne!  So different pills are formulated differently, but many of them go on a 3 week active pill, followed by 1 week of placebo (sugar) pills.  During that one week, the hormone level goes down and your body withdraws from the active pills.  This causes some bleeding.  It's not a real period, but it looks like one.  So my doctor has prescribed that I just skip the placebo pills, so I'm always taking the active pills, and the withdrawal bleeding never happens.  Not all doctors are willing to prescribe this.  And some pills don't even come with placebos--you're just supposed to take the 3 weeks of pills, then not take any pills for a week.  Some of the plans have you 12 weeks on active pills, then 1 week off.  There's a huge amount of variation nowadays in what doctors prescribe based on philosophies and the patient's needs :).
Hi, and welcome to the community! :)  It seems like you've already had your procedure, but you've only posted before pics so far, right?  Just making sure you'd not having trouble posting pictures :).

You're beautiful already in your before pictures!  Do you know how much fat they removed?
Hi, TwoPlusOne! I'll be posting more pics tomorrow, along with the week's follow up. I was completely out of it when I asked about the fat removal. I heard 400 cc's, but I'll find out for sure when I call tomorrow. The healing process has been extremely smooth for me. I feel like my review will be a little unfair to the typical reader because of my pain tolerance. I haven't used any pain killers, just 2 Tylenols, twice a day.
Yeah, wow.  But you can just mention that you have a high pain tolerance :).  400cc's doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm no doctor.  I have no idea what 400cc's looks like, LOL!  I look forward to seeing your pictures!