Bye-Bye "Dora" - Seguin, TX

I've always had a "Dora the Explorer" shape, no...

I've always had a "Dora the Explorer" shape, no matter how in shape I've been. I wanted some curves to me, and I wanted the bulk of my midsection defined. After battling ovarian cysts for the past year, and gaining about 20 lbs, and losing my self esteem, I knew that this was the time to act. If you aren't into high rise, med-center doctors, who look at you as a pay check, not as a person. Dr Carreon might be a good place to start. I never felt uncomfortable or out of place. I didn't feel like they were picking out my flaws for profit. I felt empowered to make the best choice for myself when leaving her office.

Hi, and welcome to the community! :)  It seems like you've already had your procedure, but you've only posted before pics so far, right?  Just making sure you'd not having trouble posting pictures :).

You're beautiful already in your before pictures!  Do you know how much fat they removed?
Hi, TwoPlusOne! I'll be posting more pics tomorrow, along with the week's follow up. I was completely out of it when I asked about the fat removal. I heard 400 cc's, but I'll find out for sure when I call tomorrow. The healing process has been extremely smooth for me. I feel like my review will be a little unfair to the typical reader because of my pain tolerance. I haven't used any pain killers, just 2 Tylenols, twice a day.

2 days post op

Minimal swelling, but I've followed my doctor's instructions perfectly. I haven't had much pain, but I'm very dependent on my compression garment. My belly feels like jello without it on. My pelvic area is pretty bruised up, but the pain is extremely tolerable.
I only had drainage for the first 18 hours after my procedure. Dr C's staff had me wrapped to perfection, so I have very little to clean up. In my 10 pack of bed liners, I used all but 3. When I took off my dressings, they must have weighed at least 3 lbs!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 5-- kill me!

Today was the first day that I've been in any extreme pain. It's a mixture of starting to swell up, and my period forced it's way through my birth control pattern. I'm miserable!!! It hurts to sit, my back hurts and I feel like a balloon. I really think that most of my symptoms are from my menstrual irregularity and a case of bad luck/ timing. My bruising is starting to show more on the top of my abdominal area and less in the pelvic region. My sides are extremely sensitive, but my curves are starting to show! I'm very excited, I can't wait to get back in the gym and finish the job.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 6

I'm feeling great and I think today is the day that I'm going to get back in the gym for some light cardio. I had to cover my furthest stitches on each side with bandages, because I sleep on my sides. They are getting really irritated, but minimal redness. My sides, where I feel like she sculpted the most, are extremely tender and a bit numb.

so how is everything going i love dr c results on her page.... and i hardly find anything about her on realself i had just read a couple bad reviews on her patients she has done back in 2011...im a bit much bigger than you and i really would love to go to this doctor im just scared i wont see dramatic results like on her page
Everything is going really well. I need to put more pictures up... Honestly, I'm not sure how people an say they didn't get results. They either binge eat, not wrap themselves with their compression garments.. You will swell, or expect to look like a super model after the fact. I work out, because I want to KEEP my results. I'll post some newer pics on here. I HIGHLY recommend dr c and her staff. I was extremely comfortable there. Their whole staff knows me by name and I've been there a whopping 3 times before the procedure. I hope this helps!
Readyforachange09, I sent a girlfriend to dr c, and she had bad stretch marks from kids... Dr c and her staff were very blunt with her that she needed a tummy tuck, not smart lipo. They were honest, and up front with expectations, and that's the kind of service I received as well. Another factor is drinking and sodium. I am 10 weeks or more post op, and if I consume alcohol or excess sodium, I swell and I can feel it!!! All of these factors add up for quality results.
Dr. Melanie Carreon

Dr Carreon's staff was attentive, caring and informative. Dr Carreon and her staff were more detailed in pre and post-op care then any doctors that I interviewed in Houston. I mainly interacted with her staff, until the procedure, but that was also based on my scheduling times. She preforms two procedures a day, a 9am and a 1pm. Needless to say, she's a busy woman. This is a female run facility, it's clean, comfortable and right outside of the hill country. It was definitely worth the drive!