Wanting to Get Rhinoplasty - Seattle, WA

I am 24 years old, and I have hated my nose since...

I am 24 years old, and I have hated my nose since I would remember.. Its way to big for my face.. I was made fun of all the time in school.
I am looking to get this done in the next month or so. I have done all the research I feel I can do..
Any tips..
Did you use a doctor in Seattle.. How was it? Would you refer them? Dont use them..
Tell me all about it.

3 Consultations

I have three consultations coming up... All in one day..
My first one is with Dr. Lamperti, then im going to see Dr. Salemy then my last one of the day is with Dr. Waterman (he is my boyfriends uncle, so I am having some hard times with this one..)

I am getting really nervous, and hoping to find a doctor that I connect with..

Pictures of Before

3 Consults

I went to three different consults on Friday.
First was Dr. Lamperti. I think was turned me off was the "morph" photos.. Is thats what im going to look like then NO thank you.. He was very open about talking about my nose and even showed me pictures of his nose job.
He really listen to me and my boyfriend..
Looks like he knows what he is doing..

Second was with Dr. Salemy.. He isnt going to be doing my nose job. He didnt want to listen to anything I had to say.. Said I had thick skin on my nose, which is very false. He didnt touch my nose look at the sides. Came in looked at it then started talking. Just wasn't happy at all. Felt like it was all about the money.

The tired doctor I saw was Dr. Waterman.
I loved my consult. He was so helpful, answered all of our questions.. Really has a passion for what he does and you can tell that..

Right now im stuck and dont know what im going to do..
I feel more lost...

I get what everyone is saying about Dr. Waterman.. He has been working on noses for YEARS... His background is nose ear throat doctor.. So he has worked and done lots of work on noses.. :) He has done revisions for years.. He has the experience :)
If dr. Waterman has not done so many nose surgeries I do not think you should go to him. As others said rhino op is complicated and you want some one with lots of experience. You might like dr. Waternan bec he took the time to answer your questions but that does not mean he can give you the nose you want. Have more consults. Good luck.
Hey! I'm from Seattle too. I'm looking for a surgeon too though I haven't consulted yet. I've been doing research for years. I REALLY wanna say please, pleasee don't go to a doctor who hasn't done noses before! It is a very, very difficult procedure. If you think about it, why would you pick someone who has zero experience when you could have someone with lots of experience who knows what they're doing? Anyway, I think you should consult with Dr. Craig Murakami. He works at Virginia Mason and is also an ENT and specializes in facial plastic surgery. I think surgeons who work in hospitals are a lot more reputable. They're not out to get your money. And they had to be skilled in order to get hired by the hospital in the first place. I'd be thrilled if you continue to update, we don't get tons of reviews by people here in seattle :)
I am so sorry to confusion anyone. Dr. Waterman has done multiple rhinos and has "fixed" noses for 20+ years. He is just "new" to rhino. He has been doing them for about 5 years :) I would NEVER go to a doctor that has never done a rhino before :)
Going to consultations can be very confusing. It's a process! That's for sure! When I started thinking seriously about getting a rhinoplasty, I was thinking about getting it done before I moved. It didn't happen because a month wasn't nearly enough time to prepare for everything. There's so much that goes into the decision--the best thing you can do is research, ask a lot of questions and trust your instinct. I had consults scheduled with the surgeons you mentioned (except Waterman) but canceled them last minute. I got mine done in Bellevue (Naficy) and I'd recommend him especially if you are looking for something that looks natural. I only went to free consultations in the beginning and he offers a free consultation with his patient coordinator (I think that's their title) and it was very helpful. Hope you feel less lost soon! Let me know if I can help! The work that goes into preparing and research is so very worth it in the end.
Thank you so much for your message.. It was been really confusing.. I really liked Dr. Lamperti, but the pictures he morphed TERRIFIED me... I didnt really like Dr. Salemy and had to pay $100 for his consultation.. I really liked Dr. Waterman (he is actually my boyfriends uncle.) my only concern with him is that he hasn't done any rhino procedures. He was been a ear nose and throat doctor for over 20 years and has done lots of work on noses.. But still worries me.. I just hope that something happens to show me what to do.. I think its kind of weird talking to his patient coordinator, she doesn't do the work.. What does she talk to you about?
Being confused amid a very serious decision can be very frustrating! I feel for ya! Did Dr. L morph the photos during you visit? Or afterwards? Was he open for your input? It's a bummer having to pay for consults but at least you know who to cross of your list. About Dr. W, has he reconstructed noses before? Why hasn't he performed any rhinos? Honestly Kylee, that would scare the beep out of me. Even if he is familiar with the anatomy of the nose, rhinoplasties are very complicated, detailed, delicate surgeries and it not only takes knowledge in theory but experience doing rhinoplasties and LOTS of them. Especially in doing work involving the tip of the nose. Because you know him, I am not sure if you are getting special pricing and I know so many people say it...do not let price sway you. If you were getting a discount on a toe surgery, sure. But your face? I have seen so many bad experiences on here that even though my nose isn't perfect, I am so thankful everything went well and my nose doesn't looked artificially altered. A revision is always an option but they are often times more expensive because it takes more skill to work with something already tampered with. Someone with a rhinoplasty specialty was fundamental in my research. Well the patient coordinator is knowledgeable-she's worked with Dr. Naficy for over 9 years I think she said. Maybe more, but she just evaluates you to see if you're a good candidate and answers questions and let's you know what you can expect. After that I set up a consult with the doctor and that's $75. But I wanted to be sure I was comfortable with the staff and office (plus it was my first consult and was so scared). With me, the patient coordinator took my photos and the doctor emailed me my simulations within a week. I like that he did it with the allotted time to really analyze my facial structure to see what would compliment me and look like my very own improved nose. The simulations looked great, I expressed a few small concerns and he took them into account.
Oh and the consultation fee goes toward the surgery just an FYI. Another reason I was like woo hoo! Because I am pretty cheap normally.
He did the morph photos when I was there.. We were there for about an hour.. I told him when I was there that I didnt love it.. Dr. Waterman has been an nose ear throat doctor for 20+ years. He HAS done rhino's just not as many as some more popular drs in Seattle. I am not getting a special price just because I know him. I am paying what everyone else would pay to see him.. We are looking into two more doctors.. Just still not sure what to do.. Thank you for everything :) the advise and telling me about what you have done :)
Oh, I understand. Well that's too bad you'e not getting a discount ;)! All you can do is meet with various doctors that have the appropriate credentials and experience--and ask all the questions you have. The bottom line is don't settle. The week following surgery is not exactly comfortable and because it takes a year or more to see the final results...having faith in your doctor and believing he will do/has done what is best for you helps time go by less frantically. I wish you luck and confidence in your decision! Keep us all updated--as agonizing as it is, it can be an exciting process :)

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf. Definitely do not rush this. A good surgeon might take longer than a few weeks to get into for a consultation alone, much less surgery.

Here's a list of questions to ask at your consultations. Please keep us updated on how your process goes!

Thank you.. I have 3 consults that I went to. Feeling more confused then before.. We may go to two more..