Septoplasty to Correct Deviated Septum - Seattle, WA

Dr. Ridgway and his staff provided exceptional...

Dr. Ridgway and his staff provided exceptional service throughout my treatment. I came to Dr. Ridgway to have a deviated septum straightened, since I was not able to breath out of my left nostril and had only had limited air passage through my right nostril. Dr. Ridgway completed a thorough examination and was able to determine there were additional things he could do to improve my breathing, in addition to straightening. After my examination, he took time to provide a detailed explanation of the procedure he recommended and helped set expectations regarding what to expect immediately after, for the months following surgery, and for the longer term.

When I came in for the surgery, he again explained details of the procedure and made me feel confident and at ease. Following the surgery, I was pleasantly surprised that I had no nausea (I have been prone to negative effects from general anesthetic) and no immediate discomfort. After arriving home, the care package and instructions provided by Dr. Ridgway’s team helped me stay comfortable, avoid bruising, and minimize swelling. On the day of surgery, I had some swelling, but NO bruising around my nose or eyes. The swelling decreased over the following days, so that only those close to me could see that my nose was still healing.

And the best part about my post surgery experience? I could BREATH through my nose! Even with packing and swelling from surgery, my passageways felt clear compared to the limited airflow prior to the surgery. And breathing continues to get easier as the swelling further decreases over time.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would highly recommend Dr. Ridgway for this procedure. He was thorough and meticulous in execution, achieving results that exceeded my expectations. And he (along with his staff!) took care to make sure that my overall experience was a very positive one.