Very Impressed with my Surgery Experience - Seattle, WA

Last month I had a biopsy done for a lump that had...

Last month I had a biopsy done for a lump that had been forming on my nose. This lump had caused me to live in seclusion so I wasn't completely happy with my life. I experienced no pain but the lump was slowly growing. After the biopsy, Dr. Reichel's office reported that the lump was Basal Cell Carcinoma and we scheduled an appointment for consultation.

The surgery was performed in April of 2013. I arrived at my appointment at 9:00 am and was released around 2:00 pm. Dr. Reichel, assisted by two of her registered nurses, performed mohs micrographic surgery and then performed a reconstruction with a skin graft - the skin used for the graft was borrowed from behind my left ear.

Today is the second day after surgery and I just arrived home from a scheduled appointment for wound care. One of the nurses changed the dressings and said everything looked good. She gave me instructions to follow for wound care that I was to perform at home until my next appointment next week.

Overall I was very impressed with the way...

I'm getting ready to have the same MOHs surgery on my nose. A facial reconstructive plastic surgeon will repair the incision site by pulling a flap of skin down from y forehead which n turn will leave another hideous scar, etc. Anyone out there have this done after MOHS?
So happy to hear you are doing well....My decision is in front of me... I need Mohs and Reconstruction ...don't know what to do...I am Terrified....
How are you doing now? I hope the healing is going well and you are back to enjoying life!
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Reichel by my dermatologist. During the consultation Dr. Reichel explained the procedure and my options. She listened to all of my concerns, answered all of my questions, and we agreed to schedule a date for surgery. This was the third time I’ve had surgery performed by Dr. Reichel so I knew from experience that she and her staff were very good at what they do. I found Dr. Reichel and her staff to be compassionate and professional, and the only pain I experienced was mild and due to the injections for the local anesthetic. She and her staff made continued efforts to make sure I was comfortable and that my needs were met during the entire surgery. Overall I was very impressed with the way everything was handled and the attention that was given to my care and comfort. Dr. Reichel and her staff have very good bedside manners and I highly recommend her to anyone who is in need of mohs surgery.