Nightmare I Can't Undo - Seattle, WA

I asked for high. DOT laser set on high 25. Dr....

I asked for high. DOT laser set on high 25. Dr. said I will have really great result, and red for 2 weeks. It has been 9 weeks (63 days), and still red. Blood red if I wash my face, go outside, or lower my head. I have tried hibernating, for it is so embarrassing. My skin looks like I've aged 5 years, especially around my mouth, which is what I wanted to smooth. Dr.-taken before and after photos also verify I look worse. So embarrassed, I broke up with my BF over the phone, afraid he'd see what I had done to myself. I am 59yo Female, Caucasian, very slim and athletic. When I try covering the redness with makeup, I just break out. I feel my life as a decent-looking gal is over for good. It certainly has ruined my social life, and given me months of crying. God must be punishing me for being vain enough to try this. All the doctor could say is to try injectables. Don't be fooled by those before & after shots. They are no more true than the over-the-counter cream's photos. Save your money and your love life. Find your hope somewhere else.

scarred hopes and wallet

Honestly, I thought the idea of burning the crp out of my skin would improve its appearance. My neighbor still pokes fun at me over this. It's now 3 months after procedure, and redness is finally gone. So are all my hopes. Good news is the occasional pimple no longer looks like a bloody volcano. I saw Dr. J R cut the cost of the procedure by 1/3. Maybe she is lowering the intensity, since now she's saying one WEEK of downtime (my downtime was 2 months). With lower intensity, when one does not see results, its then easier for Dr. to say, "it takes many procedures to see results".
The doctor has had this procedure done to herself many times, and posts a chin and neck shot in her waiting room showing results. I've seen photos of many types of procedures have displayed improvement in the neck. But I did not have the neck done.

P.S. (downtime 2 months)

That is, my face the 2nd month would have required heavy makeup to cover the redness and square DOT pattern on my face. I worried about makeup causing more of those blood volcano pimples, so I wore a ski mask almost all day, every day. Ski mask also kept my face moist.

trying Refirme to undo DOT nightmare

This week I went to Athenix, Bellevue to get 1st of 6 Refirme (radio frequency) treatments, hoping to undo the odd-looking wrinkle lines that formed on RHS of mouth after DOT. It has been 17 weeks since DOT. I don't know if the Refirme will fix the odd look DOT left, but Refirme was painless. (and I wasn't red or anything.) Refirme is bulk heating, and the experience of the tech is critical to prevent burning. Athenix tech has been doing Refirme for 7 years; obviously very skilled, as It was very pleasant treatment. I may post photos before, after DOT, and after Refirme if Refirme fixes the odd DOT wrinkling.

3 weeks post DOT

Warning: RHS is what DOT did to ME.

I filed a complaint with the BBB.

UPDATE: I filed a complaint with my regional Better Business Bureau, which accepted my complaint and forwarded it to Cosmedic SkinCare for their reply.

DEKA DOT laser, setting 25

Warning: from my experience, the BBB won't save you. The courts won't save you. Once damage is done, the only loser is the patient.
CSC