Help! I Feel So Self Conscious About my Teeth - Seattle, WA

A dentist had told me he cold fix the tiny gap on...

A dentist had told me he cold fix the tiny gap on my #7 tooth that was only noticeable from the side view but he filed my entire tooth to put bonding on that left my tooth very yellow and dull looking. The next dentist I seen shaved the bonding off the tooth so it is less yellow. Now you can see the composite filling (not very noticeable in pic) my tooth is no longer smooth and I'm worried that my tooth does not have enough enamel left to protect it. They also filed my front tooth that is shorter because I had a small chip. It had already been a little shorter but more so now. I wish I never let this dentist touch my teeth. Before the dentist pointed it out I never once felt insecure about my teeth, now I feel that my smile is very ugly. I really don't want dental veneers for I am scared to loose my natural tooth forever. What do you think I should do to improve my teeth?

I understand your plight. These dentists don't listen and they don't care. If it continues to bother you, select a dentist, after you have gotten at least 2 more opinions from different dentists, and have the other tooth filed down to match. Don't let them continue to do work on the same tooth. If too much work is done, then eventually you will lose that tooth entirely. Maybe you should take other people's advice and just live with it. Stop looking at it in the mirror. You will make yourself mental!
Fine meaning ok, medicore yes. Good or nice looking I'd have to say they don't. I can see the composite filling but I've become more of an expert in this area from experience. Go see another COSMETIC DENTIST for a re-do.
Your teeth look fine, leave them alone
Light polishing can help you get normal teeth. Buy MI PASTE RECALDENT it helps with remineralization and corrects tooth sensitivity. I had the same EXACT problem as you. I also had perfect teeth and I wanted a slight alteration with bonding to cover white spots--but it looked terrible. I had to get most of it taken off and I feel my teeth thinner. At least you dont have craze lines. Just get it smoothed out and never touch them again. Dont worry they can last just take care of them.
I can totally relate. I had bonding work done on my 4 front upper teeth and it lasted 15 years which everyone is a really long time. Fast forward to August 2012 my bonding was discolored and it needed to be redone. I went to a dentist that my dental insurance approved. I talked to her prior to her touching my teeth and told her what I was looking for I said I don't want the shape of my teeth changed at all just new material put on my teeth and to have 1 cohesive color on my teeth. She made my teeth thick, gunky they stuck out like horse teeth b/c she kept adding more and more material. I had my husband come up to the dental office so he could give his opinion. He said what did you do to her teeth they look horrible! She has no artist bone in body she seriously told me she did bonding work the day before doing my teeth and he was very unhappy, she said this while working on my teeth. (WHO SAYS THAT!) I had to leave with jacked up teeth and take the next day off from work to, "give her a chance to fix my teeth". My insurance said. The next day my teeth looked more normal but were not acceptable. She broke a piece of my natural tooth off so it does not match the other one shape wise & she filed my fang tooth really short. My current dentist said I need veneers which will cost me $2,400 for 4 teeth b/c the butcher dentist has compromised my teeth's enamel & basically their foundation. The surface of 2 teeth are smooth them the 3rd is not smooth and the 4th one is really bumpy. Oh and she tooth the surface off my fang which she did not have permission to touch and it did not need to be touched. I am going for a 2nd opinion from the original place that did my bonding work some 16 years ago. Read reviews and ask for before & after pictures b/f letting anyone touch your teeth, we only get 1 set. I do see what you are saying as far as the 1 tooth being shorter that the other. There are a few options getting bonding added to the base of the shorter one to lengthen it, you could shorten the longer tooth or veneers which is really expensive. Go to a cosmetic dentist they are specially trained and should have an artistic eye, stick to a regular dentist for cavities and route canals. Hope this helps I know it's a lot to read.
Your teeth look great to me! I would definitely trade u any day!!!
your teeth look great to me!

I agree with Megan.  I think your teeth look really, really good.  But you could get a second opinion from another dentist to make sure there's enough enamel on the tooth you're worried about.

In the picture you have posted your teeth look pretty great, in my opinion, but I know you mentioned its hard to see in the picture.  Have you considered going to a few consults with cosmetic dentists in your area to see what they recommend? At least that way you can hear their recommendations, take it all in, and have time to think about what you want to do instead of feeling like you have to go with the treatment that the dentist you are seeing at the time is recommending.