Breast Implant Removal After 17 Years. - Seattle, WA

56 yrs old. 17 yr old implants - one failed. I...

56 yrs old. 17 yr old implants - one failed. I chose to have both removed and NO replacement implants. I had never been real happy with the implants. Too large for my body and self-image. I am so glad to have my "real" breasts back. I have 34/36C breasts now and they slope like a natural breast should. I am very happy with the results of my decision.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Vaniver is a very caring and conscientious doctor. She seems to care very much about what you want and what is best for you. She does not have an ego involved. I always felt I was in good hands with Dr. Vaniver. She takes her time and is very kind.

What size were you prior yo explant. I'm scared of being saggy and gross but I really want them out
I was a 36DD or 34DDD - depending on the bra. My natural size was a 34B. I'm now a 34C. One of my implants failed and drained so I had an idea what my breasts would look like if I removed the implants. I did not keep pictures so I'm sorry I can't share a before and after. It is scary when you don't know what the results will be. I can only say that I am very glad to have those foreign bags out of my body. I would rather embrace what I am naturally. That being said, my breasts are small and still have a very natural feel and slope to them. Maybe a lift would be the answer for you. Small and natural is better than having implants. But that is only my opinion. I hope you find the right answer for yourself.
I dont have the money for a lift right and honestly I just what them out. So I will deal with the outcome. Better than keeping them in
Ive had mine about ten years so that worried. But regardless... They are coming out. My consult is tomorrow
Best of luck with your process and decision.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Are you finding it easier or harder to find bras that fit you well now?
Seems like finding a great bra is ALWAYS a problem! lol Actually, I love the fit of the Maiden Form bra. Fits perfectly.
I also feel so much better with more "normal" breasts, and at my age I'm fortunate to have been able to have surgery to remove my 35 year old implants. I'm 67 years old. I hope that soon the pain and some swelling can correct itself. I suppose that only five weeks from surgery , this may not be too unusual. I read that the nerves have to adjust and that massage can be helpful, I'll ask my doctor tomorrow. I'm grateful for this website.
Did you have a lift with it? What size were you before implants?
At the time of implantation, my breasts were 34B. 17 years later when I had the implants removed, my breasts are now about 34C. I was lucky and did not need to have a lift done. I am so glad to be rid of the implants. I feel and look so much more natural and balanced.
I had implants for 35 years , removed five weeks ago. The surgeon did a great job, considering they were both ruptured. My breasts look better than ever, but I have considerable pain, and hypersensitivity, some swelling on the left breast, outside area. I hope this will resolve soon. I'm almost 68 years old. I look pretty good, and my surgery results are better than I expected, but I"m concerned about the low level ongoing pain. I hope to see my doctor today.
It did take a few months before my breasts settled and the occasional pain from annoyed and damaged nerves went mostly away. I hope you recover quickly.