I recently went on vacation with a group of girls...

I recently went on vacation with a group of girls to San Diego, and spent the entire time feeling bad about my breasts. This is not a new experience for me. I've wanted to get breast implants for well over a decade, and in fact a decade ago I had put down a deposit with a PS, but then things happened in my personal life and the surgery never happened. During this recent trip, I realized that there's never been a more perfect moment in my life for me to have a BA. I have no kids, my boyfriend/friends/family are all fully supportive of me, I've got the means to pay for them, and I'm currently in summer break from grad school. So, I decided, what am I waiting for?! And now three weeks later, I'm a week out from surgery.

I'm 5'5", 142ish pounds, 33 years old, and I'll be getting 371 ccs in both sides. I really can't explain how EXCITED I am.... but I imagine the majority of you on here understand completely. I'm not entirely comfortable with uploading topless pics yet, so here are some of me in a sports bra and shirt at my fitting session (I'm wearing the 339 ccs, which is my goal look for getting the 371s implanted), so that you can get an idea. I really, truly can't wait!!!

As far as the doc goes, I had a consultation with a different PS who was very nice but was a bit too far from my location and I didn't want to spend the first night in a hotel. Then, I went to a consultation with Dr. Salemy, and he has been a gem so far. He's answered my questions, he doesn't laugh at me when I ask things that are probably pretty ridiculous. His staff is all really nice, too. Has anyone else noticed that staff at PS offices are all ridiculously good looking?? I think it's how they hook us.....

Anyway, I'll try to keep this page updated so that anyone that has their BA coming up can follow my experience as well. Hopefully I can be informative, as others have been for me.

Today is the day!

I'm soooooooo excited! In my typical Type-A personality style, I think I'm about as prepared as any one human being could be for surgery, thanks to all of the ladies on this forum. I've got a reclining pillow with arm rests; a bedside stand stocked with magazines, chapstick, lotion, my Kindle, tv remotes with new batteries, tissue, arnica, stool softener, and face wipes; water bottles with the lids already loosened and straws; and premade healthy foods ready and set up within arms reach. Now, I just have to get through the next 7 hours until my check-in time... hopefully I won't starve to death or shrivel into a prune before I get there ;)

It's done!!!

I'm all done!!! And not eating or drinking for the majority of the day was not nearly as bad as I had expected. I chugged so much water all day yesterday and I really bet that made all the difference.

I've watched a bunch of videos online and read a lot about waking up, and it seemed like you're pretty numb when you wake up due to the meds they squirt in you. And my friends with BAs all told me that they woke up without much pain. So, I was sorta hoping the same would be true for me..... Unfortunately not though. I wasn't nauseous at all and my lips weren't all fried out like I had worried about either. All I wanted in the whole world was water! And I got some right away but had to sip it which was hard because I was soooo thirsty. But man.... The ladies hurt pretty badly and I really couldn't take a deep breath at all. Since I have asthma, that feeling is a bit anxiety-inducing but it was tolerable. Every little bump on the ride home hurt but luckily traffic was pretty good and we got home quickly. Then, once I was able to wolf down some oyster crackers and take my Valium and pain relievers, I felt better almost immediately and took some nice deep breaths. I did just take a second pain pill because it's still pretty terrible but nothing like the ride home. I can also already tell that my back is going to hate me

Oops.... Continued

....pretty quickly here. But, it's done! And from what I can tell they're beautiful!! Once I get to my computer to blank out the injectable parts for my boyfriend I'll post some pics. For now, I'm in bed! Speaking of boyfriend, he has been utterly amazing. Unfortunately the office was closed when he arrived so he had a moment of panic about how he would be able to find me but fortunately someone heard him knock and he was let in. He didn't have the best ex

Ugh

He didn't have the best experience and I feel bad for that. But he's been giving me my meds and adjusting my strap and he cooked me a delicious dinner.... He's all I could ever ask for and more :))

My phone is really annoying me now, closing the keyboard mid-sentence and when I continue typing it submits what I wrote. I guess I'm typing a mile a minute. So I'll stop for now and check in tomorrow!! Cross your fingers I can sleep more, my schedule is all thrown off!! :)) good luck to you ladies going tomorrow. It's amazing!!!

Some pics

Ok! Here are some pics. I tried to make them more modest out of respect for my boyfriend who does not want me sharing naked pics on an open website, and I can't say that I blame him of course! But you should be able to get the gist from these. All I can get of the new ladies right now is these bra pics because I can't take it off until my post op today, so as soon as I have more of those to share I will!! Sorry that these pictures uploaded in some random order....

My first afternoon and night

When I got home it was about 6:30 or so. I took my muscle relaxers and pain meds and tried to sleep but it just hurt too bad and also I wasn't very sleepy anyway so I took another painkiller and read a bit in bed. Finally around midnight by boyfriend wanted to go to bed but I was getting SO SORE again... But I had to wait until 1 am to take the meds. So the amazing guy set his alarm and at 1 am he dutifully got up, fed me, have me muscle relaxers, and then 15 minutes later gave me pain killers. I was FINALLY able to get some sleep! I slept until about 7, and now I'm lying awake, in pain but I want to give him a little but longer before I wake him up and ask for help with meds :) my back is already killing me, this is going to be a long week until I'm able to figure out a supportive way to sleep! I woke up thinking "my back hurts! I need Tylenol!! Then I realized if the oxycodone didn't fix it the Tylenol probably won't either. Haha

Post op!

My post-op appointment went great! The doctor said that everything looks good and he changed out the dressings. He said that I'm super swollen at the top which is expected of women with not a lot of tissue but of course that will settle as time goes on. We also discovered that the compression strap was on wrong since surgery which is why it kept slipping down and he fixed that for me too. He said because of my high swelling the strap is incredibly important. Here's some pics I just took while practicing taking off and putting on my bra! P.S. putting on this bra is its own special kind of hell lol... Oh and of course please don't mind the mega bloat, which I'm sure I'm not making any better by eating crackers and banana bread :)

Day 3 -- still sore

I guess technically I'm actually at day 2.5. Last night I thought I'd try to take my Valium and oxycodone at 7, then no more and take an ambien that they gave me instead before bedtime at 10. But then I woke up in excruciating pain at about 2 am and had to take the meds after all, so I guess I'm not ready to wean just yet. I wish I could lay on my side and give my poor back some relief, so I'm trying to bend my knees and do other things to take some back pressure off. I'll be really happy to start seeing some pain progress, hopefully by tomorrow since that's when my bf has to go back to work! In the meantime I can see some little things getting better, like I was able to pull down my pants to use the restroom then pull them back up again last night by myself. It's the small victories :)))

Pics laying down day 2 (1.5)

As of right now I'm actually about 48 hours and these pics were taken this morning so we'll call these pics day 1.5. Took them when I was in bed. Looking so good!!

Haha

I just realized I called today day 2.5 this morning in my ambien-induced haze! At least I know what day it is now. That stuff is NOT my friend....

Almost 72 hours later

I'm finally starting to feel a reduction in pain! I decided to stop the narcotic pain meds and move to Tylenol to see how it goes. I'll still keep up with the muscle relaxers for now though I think. I'm able to pick things up and move blankets off of me in bed and other silly things like that again and it feels so good!! The girls feel tight of course but I still haven't experienced the heaviness on my chest that people talk about. Maybe 371ccs isn't that heavy. I get to shower today finally, too!! As soon as my boyfriend gets home. I can't WAIT!!! Also my boobs have been very, vet itchy. Not just at the surgical site but all over. I think it's the bra material.

Ready for work tomorrow?

Well, I spent nearly all day off of the meds except for Tylenol, and I thought I was pretty good until I had a mini breakdown in the middle of target and started crying and had to come home and take a pain pill. I also had a friend give me some laxatives yesterday so I finally no longer look 6 months pregnant, but that didn't make for a fun morning either. I've been taking a nap every day at around 2:30, but tomorrow I'm flying out to LA for work and although they probably would let me nap if I needed to, I'm going to do my best to work through it. Wish me luck! I'm feeling pretty good otherwise. I'm just trying to figure out how to wear this stupid compression strap still. I can't imagine that it should hurt if it's on right or cut I to my armpits but my boyfriend seems to think that's the way.... I'm going to try to watch a few videos and then off to bed for a busy day tomorrow. Good luck to everyone getting their ladies tomorrow!! And I hope everyone else is feeling great!!

New pics

Super busy week!!!

I went to LA on Monday to go work at my office (I work remotely) and OH MY GOSH I was NOT ready for that! I thought I'd be just fine but I was exhausted most of the time. Once I ran out of the Valium I was taking at nighttime, I realized that a lot of it was due to that. But, I still slept a ton while I was in LA and on the plane rides there and back too. On Sunday night/Monday morning I also began itching like CRAZY all over my chest and cleavage, the areas touched by my bra. I called the doc and they have me permission to buy a sports bra so I did but when I washed it and dried it on low I think it shrank a bit (so did my surgical bra) so I'm kinda swapping between the two and enduring the misery with Gold Bond cream and cocoa butter. I'll ask my PS on the third when I go back for my next checkup if I can do anything else. I took off the original tape one week after the surgery and replaced with this brown porous tape my doc have me, I'm supposed to retake every few days and the incisions are feeling pretty good! Finally, I've been doing my massages, five times per day, and that's getting better. I think things are going pretty well. They're still pretty sore, especially on the sides, but my range of motion is quickly returning and so is my strength..... I can open doors now in less than ten seconds! Haha I love them. :D

Super sensitive....

I feel like the skin on my boobs is just SUPER sensitive. It's really horrible and I can't get comfortable in my surgical bra or the sports bra I got. Often I get nipple sensitivity too which I know to expect but I really, really hate it.... I tried covering my nipples with band aids to see if that would help but it didn't really. Earlier I literally had to hold my boob while I walked around the mall (embarrassing) because it was so sensitive it felt like sandpaper or something..... It was awful. Anyway, here's some pics from yesterday (day 11). Still lots of swelling up top but I'm wearing the strap most of the time. My incisions seem ok, but I don't really know what to look for. They're darker than some I've seen that were even newer than mine but maybe there's something on mine like dermabond? I don't really know but they don't hurt very much when I massage, or ever really, which is good. All of my pain is still in my side boobs.

Things are getting better!

So, so far, the third week was the absolute worst week for me. This was the height of my sensitivity, not only my nipples but all over my boobs it felt like fine grain sandpaper and it was almost unbearable. I went to the doctor's office in tears one day looking for a bra that didn't make me want to rip my chest off of my body (I didn't find that but I did buy another expensive bra that I will never wear again :( ). I started getting horrible muscle spasms that week, too. My doctor cleared me to walk around a bit so I did, but I was carrying a grocery bag and I think I must have overdone it and I started getting horrible sharp pains in the inside of my right breast. This slowly started happening in my left, too. I was also getting pains on the outside of my right breast and the lower inside parts of both. It was really awful, but I went to see Dr. Salemy and he said that I look fine, it's just a normal part of the healing process. Thank goodness I didn't break them! :D He also gave me permission to take off the compression band since it had been 3 weeks. Magical! Once I took the band off, I stopped getting the spasms like that. I think the way my body is shaped, the band just dug into my chest muscles constantly, even when it was super loose, and eventually my muscles objected. I can't say I blame them! Now, I get sore if I am too active, and I've noticed that when I have a couple of drinks I will always wake up REALLY sore in the middle of the night. So, even though I'm cleared to have a few drinks at this point, I'm thinking it's not even worth it. I'm pleased with the settling process, but I'm excited to see how they look in 3 to 6 months, too! :) And, in the last few days the sandpaper-y sensitivity has really gotten better. They're still sensitive but not nearly the same way. I'm getting there... yay!!

Before/After

I did this comparison photo at the end of 5 weeks... I love my girls so much, they are so beautiful :'D
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salemy is just wonderful. Kind, patient, informed, and all kinds of other positive adjectives. I highly recommend him! My first appointment I was taken immediately back, which was nice because at a previous appointment with a different doctor I had to wait FORTY FIVE minutes to be seen. His staff is also all really nice, and they remember your name when you come in (which is a huge thing for me). The nurses are fantastic. And it's so convenient to just go to his office and have the surgery done there. He's a bit more pricey than other doctors around here, but I think he's proven that he has the value to back up his cost.