Lip Implants; NOT WORTH IT! - Seattle, WA

Alright, I got lip implants 3 and a half years ago...

Alright, I got lip implants 3 and a half years ago when I was 20. They were saline. The swelling of the lips does not go down to looking somewhat natural for honesty 6 - 9 months. They looked weird, unatural, and everybody stared at my lips.

When I used to speak without my lip implants, my pronunciation of my words was perfect. A deaf person could watch me speak and understand what I was saying. After the lip implants, it changed the way I spoke and pronounced my words. My lips didnt move in a natural way when I spoke and you could cleary see there was something in there. Rather than having a natural curve where my two lips met, it was one straight line. It looked ridiculous. Not only that; the implants -will- migrate. It might take 6 months, it might take 10 years, but eventually they will; for every kind of lip implant. Mine started to migrate up from my actual top lip to my "moustache" area; but only on one side. So what I was left with was a crooked weird looking uper lip. Not cool. The only decent thing I can say is that because they were saline, after about 2 years, they started to deflate and so it didnt look so bizzare (These particular implants lost something like 2-5% of their volume every year because they were saline filled bags)

All in all; I would say not worth it; people know there is something weird and unnatural about you when they stare at your face. The implants migrate; there is chance of rejection; chance of infection; many other complications.

Permanent lip implants are not permanent. All of these will have to be removed at some point; whether it be a year down the road or 20.

I made a decision to remove mine a year ago. Best decision I have ever made. I was worried about the skin on the inside of my lip having grown into the pores of the implant and being stuck on the actual implant (which is a possibility) and that cutting away the skin from the implant when it was removed would leave me with a lumpy scarred lip; but thankfully it didnt. My lips look so natural now and there are no scars or lumps. I tell you when I was under that knife having those things removed, I was so freaked out. I was under local anesthetic, but I could still feel my lip being pulled, hear the cutting of the tissue; I was crying - But it all worked out in the end. The nicest thing as well about having them removed, is they are bigger than my lips were before because of the scar tissue in my lips; however there arent any lumps, and it looks like I just have natural full lips. I guess I was lucky.

I would advise anyone considering implants to reconsider. Stick to fillers. They are expensive, and sure, it is an endless money pit because you have to keep constantly having them re-done, but it is better than the alternative. Lip implants are not the answer; take it from someone who has been there. As for me, I am just sticking to my IPL's and light chemical peels for upkeep of my skin. I will never go under the knife again. Paying to keep your skin young is a better way to spend your money anyways.

Hope this helps.

-Julie

Really ladies? Are you really high fiving each other for bashing the guy who tried to tell you that you are beautiful without changing anything? He may have come across wrong, but honestly the guy was trying to help. He gave his opinion and you clawed his eyes out. Well, you go girl! Attacking other people and their opinion online is about as civil as trampling each other on Black Friday morning at Kohl's. Would you allow your son's teacher to talk to him as you have done?
same for me! i couldnt wait another month and after a month i realized i didnt want them redone, i wanted them out. It was the best feeling ever to have implant taken out. I can speak normal again, kiss=) and eat ! all the things i took for granted before=)
I'm so sorry you had a bad experiance with lip implants! Thank you for sharing it with us. Do you remember the name of the saline implants? I'm sure there are others (myself included) who would like to know what to stay away from. Thanks!