Don't Ever Do Fraxel to "Delay" a Facelift - Seattle, WA

I asked my derm if I was reaching the age for a...

I asked my derm if I was reaching the age for a facelift and she said I could delay the need for that kind of work with four sessions of Fraxel: restore.

I had three treatments in three months, got scared and stopped. My fair skin has turned ruddy, and I have developed long wrinkles beside and under my eyes and around my mouth. My derm says fair skin is prone to redness and that she will give me a reduced rate on IPL sessions to treat the redness, but I don't know if I trust her anymore. I wonder if Fraxel is not the first step in a long process of treatments to correct side effects of prior treatments.

If my skin stays like this, I will need a plastic surgeon. I regret, regret, regret it.

Bellevue Dermatologist

A different doctor did my first Fraxel treatment slowly and carefully. She said things like, "You're doing great...how's the pain?" During my second treatment, Dr. Chiu gossiped to the tech the whole time, never spoke to me, and whipped through the treatment with lightning speed. When I came for the third treatment, the tech asked if the previous treatment had gone well, and I told her truthfully that a big area above my eye had apparently been missed. The third treatment seemed to last forever while Dr. Chiu again gossiped with the tech. When she finished, Dr. Chiu she said she hadn't missed any areas because she had done six passes. I didn't come for any more treatments after that because the recovery that time was awful. At the follow-up, Dr. Chiu was hurried, didn't let me ask any questions, and just kept squealing, "You look GREAT!! You look GREAT!!" Then she left the room. In reality, my skin was a mess.