Obagi Nu Derm and Vi Peel - Seattle, WA

Approximately 4 months ago I had a Vi Peel. It was...

Approximately 4 months ago I had a Vi Peel. It was not painful, my skin peeled off all over my face, but I didn't notice any really marked improvement.

I have had really good results, thus far. Given that I had a Vi Peel not that long ago my skin has not, yet, started peeling, and may not peel due to the other recent Vi Peel. I've used non-prescription strength Retin A's for years, and wondered if Obagi would even work for me.

This is now day four, and I have slight redness, and no peeling. I also had Xeomin, and have been very pleased with the results. I will say that the Obagi system has already begun to fade my brown spots, and my skin feels incredibly soft. Given the short time I've been on Obagi Nu Derm, (Treinoin .05%), it seems to be working quite well. The Plastic Surgeon that recommended Obagi had severe melasma, and it was completely resolved with the use of Obagi, and her skin looked fantastic.

Given that I could get any plastic surgery I wanted for free I've chosen to avoid surgery at all cost. I have chosen to maintain my face through the use of injectables, one Vi Peel and good products with proven records such as Obagi. Of note, the injectables that I have used such as Radiesse, Botox, Restalyne. etc. - have all proved to be wonderful, and have kept me young looking. The only problem I had was that my skin was looking dull,had minor small wrinkles, and had a few brown spots. I hope this information has helped some of you to see that plastic surgery is not always the answer. Additionally, aging skin I believe, can be managed with minimally invasive procedures. I try at all costs to avoid any type of procedure that could scar my skin as I'm of Italian descent, and might not have good results with some types of lasers.

I'll post a pre-peel/Obagi picture, and will add a post after a six-eight week course of Obagi - only time will tell if this will really work as well as many have claimed. FYI - I'm 54 years old, and have avoided all sun exposure for 23 years after "frying" myself in my teens, and early twenties, in the sun. Good luck to all in the search for the "fountain of youth." P.S. Yoga has also helped me keep my figure, and young "attitude."

Quick update on Obagi, brown spots, skin texture...

Quick update on Obagi, brown spots, skin texture and fine wrinkles. So, I started Obagi at the beginning of March and it's now the end of April. Initially I didn't think that my skin would peel that much, but it flaked and peeled a lot around my chin for quite some time. I've not had any serious peeling on my cheeks, or forehead, although brown spots have literally come off. I've now been on Obagi for about a month and 3 weeks. My brown spots are definitely fading, and the initial extreme dryness of my skin (from the Obagi creams) is getting better. On Real Self I read about many women that developed sores, cracks, etc., from Obagi - that would have been caused from the Tretinoin. When my skin got too sensitive/sore I backed off the Tretinoin for a day, or two, and then resumed using it. I found this common sense approach worked great and I never really had any raw areas of skin. My skin is still dryer than usual, but I do tend to have very dry post menopausal skin. The dry skin is a side-effect of using Retin A's, Tretinoin, etc., and will improve, and actually get much better when you complete the regime. So...here's my half way update to completion. Thus far, my skin despite the dryness looks much better - brown spots are fading, texture is improving and fine wrinkles are disappearing. I'll let you know when I complete the 12-18 weeks that it takes to finish this regime. Just remember beauty is from within...

Please see most recent post as I explain my...

Please see most recent post as I explain my feelings about Obagi. I've since changed my mind and it has made my skin look beautiful. BTW - I wrote this long review to 3 different women that asked me various questions about peels, Obagi and maintenance. Forgive the grammatical errors as I'm extremely tired and didn't proof read - lol.

Michele

I'm now giving you my final and third "formal"...

I'm now giving you my final and third "formal" update since I started using Obagi. On my second update I was more than half-way through the first system, and was not sure that I was that impressed with the routine. Since than my mind has completely changed, and my skin has never looked better. I was recommended the use of the Obagi system by a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (female and Asian) that had terrible melasma, and when I saw her I was amazed as all of her skin discoloration was completely gone, and her skin looked impeccable. She explained to me that Obagi had done this for her skin. So...I was convinced and agreed to give it a try. She gave me the complete Obagi system to include washing gel, toner, clear (hydroquinone - to get rid of brown spots/melasma), Exforderm Forte ( an alpha hydroxy acid consisting of 6% glycolic acid and 4% lactic acid), blender and Tretinoin (.05% (prescription strength Retin A which comes in .02%, .05% and .1%), and lastly sunscreen. So...the many aforementioned products are what constitute the whole Obagi system.

When I first started out, as stated in my earlier posts, I had a hard time with the harsher chemicals in the Tretinoin as they caused peeling, some small sores and general skin irritation especially around my chin and lower area by my nose/upper lip. In reading many women's experiences on this site I tended to notice that despite these "warning" signs of over irritation the women continued to use the Tretinoin everyday without ever taking a break causing their irritation to get worse and worse. After calling my doctor she advised me to use common sense and back off the Tretinoin to every 2-3 days until my skin became acclimated to the product, and by all means to stay out of the sun.

Following her advice I soon noticed that my skin became less irritated, and that I could use all of the products as prescribed on a daily basis. Then the opportunity came up for a trip to Hawaii. I knew that I would not be getting my face in the sun as these products are strongly contraindicated with sun exposure; that said, I decided to not use the Exfoderm Forte and Tretinoin whatsoever while I was in Hawaii - this seemed to work out fine. When I returned home from my 2 week trip I thought that I could just pick up where I left off, and that was not the case. My skin, was yet again, super sensitive to the Tretinoin, and I had to use it very sparingly only a couple of times a week.

Well, since that last review I've returned to see my doctor, bought another round of the aforementioned Obagi system, and I can't tell you how beautiful my skin now looks. Even my doctor was shocked at the marked improvement in my 55 year old skin. The picture that you see posted of me in a bathing suit was before I ever started using Obagi. Obagi has removed at least 10 years of aging off of my face. I had brown sun damage spots - one located in my eyebrow; thereby, making it almost impossible to remove, two others on my left cheek that were rather large, and other's on my temple areas. My skin texture was somewhat course with enlarged pores, and uneven skin texture and color, and I had all of these problems after NOT laying in the sun for over 20 years.

I'm now into the early to middle use of my second Obagi treatment session and my skin just keeps getting better and better. I wanted to note after reading some reviews on this site that some women stated that they had uneven discoloration from the hydroquinone (Clear) and still had dark patches, etc. I have not had this problem, and it may be due to the fact that I apply the Clear rather liberally to all parts of my face to include my neck twice a day as directed. My skin is a lovely, even tone with not a single brown spot in sight. The brown spots were the strangest things of all as one day they just started peeling off, and I could take a tweezer and very, very gently remove these small brown layers of skin (mind you not digging, or causing bleeding, but just gently scraping off the old brown skin that had been sitting on the top of nice healthy skin for years). Needless to say, I no longer have any brown spots!!!!

My pores have minimized in size, and my skin hasn't been this soft since the day I was born. I have no breakouts of any kind, and my fine wrinkles are almost all gone. Should I continue - virtually everyday someone will stop me on the street and ask me what I do to take care of my skin, and that is with absolutely no make-up on whatsoever!!!

I don't think that the firm that is selling Obagi came up with some miracle cure, but what they did that has made them so effective and successful is that they have packaged all the new advances for ,aging women/men's skin care in one simple to use package which has been proven to make the patients more compliant; thereby giving the patient a better result because all the products you need are in one place, numbered, with simple directions to follow to give you the best skin possible. The fact that all the products that you need for the best skin possible are numbered, at your fingertips sitting on your sink morning and evening make it easy for you to keep up the regime - ease of use equals compliance, and that's smart marketing. It is possible to go and buy all of these products separately, but the compliance issue then becomes a problem, and the amazing results don't seem to happen ( this comes from statistical studies done by other's with no financial backing in Obagi). Doing the math given that the Obagi system costs around $460-$500 for a 3 month supply, used twice a day, the cost comes out to $5.11 a day to have beautiful youthful looking skin, and that my friends is quite a bargain in more ways than one. I hope this final review will encourage other's to try what I consider to be money well spent. Remember you probably spend more on your money latte than you would with Obagi to have beautiful and youthful skin. Best of luck...

Michele

This will be my last review of Obagi, but I will have some new ones coming up on "safe" lasers, and injectables that hopefully you'll find interesting. I must say this the most bang for my buck, and the best non-invasive skin care products that truly met my high standards, and the guarantees of the manufacturer, is the Obagi System. The Obagi System has fulfilled their claims and made me look much younger, and better, than I ever could have imagined. I will be recommending this regime to all women I know - young, or old, as it is a product worth it's weight in gold, and you're never too young to start taking care of your skin.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

My husband is a physician, and his partner is a plastic surgeon. One of the surgeons in our practice recommended Obagi Nu Derm. Dr. Wong is an excellent plastic surgeon, and extremely knowledgeable about all available options for looking your best. From surgery, to injectable, to lasers and skin care systems like Obagi Dr. Wong has all her bases covered. She is very conservative, and you will never leave her office looking like a woman with "duck lips."

Great posts from everyone here but does anyone know about the safety of Hydroquinone? It should only be used for short amounts of time? I have used the RXC system and my skin has looked FABULOUS! I DID looked photoshopped in real life and have just ordered the NuDerm system to give it a try. I will also use 20% Vitamin C (after the toner) for extra nourishment. Also, what is the maintenance program after using NuDerm?
Hello Michelez ! I also use the Obagi Nu Derm, and I have had incredible results, I couldn't imagine being with out it
sorry i posted my comment above in the wrong place ........... Michelle, you have been using obagi nuderm clear for an year but have you read the articles about Hydroquinone can cause cancer after long term use.i am thinking to buy obagi line but the news about hydroquinone causing cancer and FDA has banned this priduct in various countries , put me into confusion.if someone even uses this system for a short period will never ever be able to stop hydroquinone usage as the dark spots and melasma can return? Reply
please excuse the typographic and grammatical errors :)
Michelle do you have any pictures of your face and neck that you would be willing to share? I'm getting married in March and want to put "my best face forward" so to speak. Your review of Obagi is great and pictures would be so helpful! Thanks for being a part of RS and helping us novices figure all this stuff out.
Start soon, I heard its 18 wks before fresh skin..
Must check out your other reviews! Love your honesty. Would love a more recent pic though!
Obagi products are great for discoloration. I also recommend the Obagi CRx program or even the Melarase program for patients who have melasma and skin pigmentation.
I've done obaji and even blue peel. I have Had much better results from the vi peel. Love it. Blue peel did nothing for me. Back on retin a but never got great results from obaji and did it for year. I am acne prone at 44. Vi peel lifted a lot of age spots
if thats you in the cosy .. how can u be 50? pre obagi or not ?? wow
Where can you get these from inthe UK or any places that despatch to the UK. Thanks x
Hi there, I am 37 years old. Michele lei e molto simpatica e molto bella :) So anybody can use Obagi? Or can I just use the retin A only? I have no melasma and my face is quite clear. However I do have some fine lines and wrinkles. I like to use natural cleanser and toner. I use a Vit C Serum as well as hyaluronic acid. I have done five chemical peels and the last one left me with swollen eye lids and face. Terrible, I will never do chemical peels again. So would the Obagi benefit me? Can I just use the Retin A? Thanks :)
Ioana and Essieb - I finally am well enough to respond - health problems have kept me off this site for quite some time. Here's my update on Obagi, and all other "things" that I use to keep my face looking as good as possible at age 55 1/2 (yep, I'm now a year and a 1/2 older since my first post - c'est la vie). Here's is what I've done to keep myself looking younger since I first entered the world of "cosmetic" dermatology/plastic surgery. I've never had any type of surgery done on my face (just an FYI - I'm in practice with a plastic/reconstructive surgeon who is excellent, and I could have any surgery I want for free - that said, I've chosen to maintain my "natural" face, and opted out of something like a face, or eye lift). That said, I do believe in using products that will help me maintain a youthful look. The best product - and I still stand by this endorsement a year later - is the Obagi system. I will admit that the Retin A is hard to take on my sensitive skin (even a year later), but when used regularly my skin is beautiful - flawless, reduction in wrinkles, and all my "brown" spots are completely gone from sun damage. I continue to use the full line of Obagi to this day. I use clear every day (so that the brown spots don't return, and my skin tone remains even). I also use the Tretinoin every day, but use the Retin A product, with blender, about 3 times a week as every day is just too much for my skin. Additionally, I've used injectables such as Restalyn, Juvederm, etc., on my "laugh" lines and in my lips (minimal amounts applied and only once a year). Due to some of the injectables that I've used for many years (conservatively - notice I don't have a "trout" pout) my skin's ability to reproduce lost collagen has been restored and my wrinkles such as marionette lines (naso-labial folds are far less deep than they were when I was in my 40's). Some of the injectables last up to a year, and help your body over time reproduce the collagen that you lost (please research to find the products that do this as I can't remember which one's that were used). I had fine lines above my lips which have also disappeared, and improved over time with the use of injectables. Lastly, I have had injectable solutions applies around my eyes for crows feet, and the dark areas under the eye - I've had great results. Lastly, I use botox (btw - which doesn't last that long, and must be re-applied quite frequently - every 3-4 months) for small wrinkles in my forehead, and for a slight eye "lift" at the outer corners of my eyes. When administered correctly Botox does a great job a lifting the eyes, and getting rid of forehead wrinkles. I've got a great doctor that is very conservative, and that I've trusted for many years - her name is listed above. My face looks younger every year - and I recently saw a friend I haven't seen in 15 years, and she was amazed that I "looked the same" as I did 15 years ago. So there you have it - Obagi, and conservative injectables. I will not do any form of chemical peel (although I did do one regular Vi Peel, and really didn't have any long term improvement). I will not use lasers as I've seen a lot of bad outcomes especially from Fraxel lasers. I do use lasers for permanent hair removal (works great), and I've had one type of very mild laser to address some small broken capillaries on my face. Other than that no lasers, and no chemical peels as I've just seen too many bad outcomes. So, ladies of the "site" here is, yet again, my honest opinion after working many years in the medical industry, married to a doctor, and seeing every available "product, surgery or procedure" available. My outcome is based on my personal experiences. The best advice I have to give is to never, ever go to some "spa" for any of these procedures as these are strong products that can have adverse effects. I highly recommend only going to board certified physicians in either dermatology, or plastic/reconstructive surgery. My doctor is a plastic/reconstructive surgeon (honestly, I'd never probably go to just a dermatologist although some are quite good with injectables, and laser treatments). The second best advice I can offer is to make sure that your doctor has good reviews - do lots of research, and never go to a clinic that is offering "specials" as I find this to be a questionable practice to just get patients in a to a clinic that needs business. Remember you get what you pay for in this life - cheaper is not always better. This is your face, and any of these products, if used incorrectly, can have lasting adverse effects. Use common sense, don't overdo, and listen to the advice of a good physician. I hope my posting will help those of you that are still wondering what will work best for you. A shout out to Rhea who has some had some tough experiences that she can share - she is a wealth of information, and a beautiful soul. Best of luck to you all... Michele
Michelle, lei e molto simpatica and la ringrazzia moltissimo :) In my country I can easily get Retin A, so I dont have to necessarily try Obagi, plus here in Europe I wouldnt think I can find Obagi. I am going to start some new products with Retinol first. I have read that Retinol is the way to start so as to see whether my skin can tolerate it. I have also in the past purchased Retin A cream (pure) 0.025%. In your experience, how can I combine the two..? Meaning, can I use Retinol Serum 3 TR (Medik 8) in connection with the pure Retin A (like Obagi but different name) 0.025? I dont think 0.025 would do anything, but since I have purchased the Retinol Serum, I wouldnt want to go up to 0.05 yet. As for the nasolabials, I have a slight, I noticed them since my 37th birthday, beleive it or not. Looks like the only thing that works then, is the Restalyn or Juvederm, even though I dont wish to start injecting. Either way, I highly appreciate your help! I wish I can meet up with your doctor! I am happy to travel to your country to see him or her. thanks and keep updating us :) Would appreciate a reply re Retinol. Cheers Essie
Hi Essie, You should be able to obtain the Obagi Systems worldwide. I'm in the U.K and have no problems finding clinics . I'm 44 and have been using Obagi Nu Derm System for a year, now at maintenance stage. I was recommended the system by a nurse at my Skincare clinic, I hate dark pigmentation problems at the sides of my face and chin left over from spots and Acne and my skin just looked dull, lifeless and dry despite using various luxury brands. The thing with Obagi is your skin needs to build tolerance to it so many people give up when their skin goes red and starts peeling and looks awful, but once that's passed, for me it too 12 weeks of peeling and flaking everywhere and then that's when my new, clear healthy skin came through. I'm so glad I used the system as my skin is flawless, glowing and line free. I don't use make-up like concealer or foundation anymore as its not necessary and people often comment. In regards to Retin A, Obagi recommend mixing Retin A (Tretinoin) cream with their Blender cream and then applying it, they work in unison together and work at a deeper cellular level. The clinic tend to recommend using highest percentage of Retin A and I've always used 0.1% I saw another Doctor last week as I needed to buy some prescriptive Obagi and I mentioned I'd had Juvederm and Boletero Fillers for my Nasolabial folds but it never lasts more than 2 weeks. He said I need to have Sculptra. I'm considering this as it works over a period of time, the skin begins to make its own Collagen and Elastin and within several months the face looks fuller and lifted, plus results last up to two years. I think when we get to a certain age injecting needs to be the option if you want to look visibly younger, but appreciate not everyone wants to go down that road.
Hi Velvetee! Thank you so much! Thing is I am now starting the Medik 8, its acutally from the UK too! So I really have to give thiws a go as I ordered everything, the C E Tetra, the Retinol 3, plus the EGF. I should see an improvement with this! Then I have Retin A 0.025 so I wish to use it too...I gave up on it when I tried it simply because it didnt do anything to me...but I really started slowly, plus the dose is low... I dont understand how and with what you mix the Retin A....do you have any idea what the Obagi cream blender has in it? Anyway, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate your input! Essie
The main active ingredient in the Blender is 4% Hydroquinone which works to regulate pigmentation. As we age pigmentation and age spots can become an issue dulling the complexion. Retin A makes the Blender work deeper into the Dermis and vice versa. I've heard of Medik 8 but have no experience of it. You probably know Retin A should only be used at night, applied before going to bed either every night or every other, ensure skin is dry as moisture from washing can make skin more sensitive to the product. You must always use Sunblock daily regardless of weather as again Retin A makes skin more sensitive to Ultra Violet light. I also have Baby Botox which is a lower dose, I want surface fine lines to not be visible but still want natural movement in my Forehead. Botox can also help manage facial expressions which are one of the causes of deep lines. Looking forward to trying Sculptra which is also known as the Liquid Facelift.
Velvetee, thank you again:) Yes I read everything about Retin A but last year I was in a country where I was going to the beach everyday so I couldnt start it, and in previous years, roughly the last 4, everyone said i should start retin A this early, but now lines on forehead are getting deeper and I really should have started something. Never mind, I will try to incorporate Retinol 0.3 with Retin A 0.025. I travel a lot, and in some countries you can get Retin A over the counter! Next time I visit one of these countries I will get the retin A 0.05! Botox I couldnt start for now, I am using Nuface which seems to help a little when I use it to lift my forehead. Doesnt seem to work so much on nasolabials for me, as it does make your face look gaunt too, so I dont use it or glide it on my cheeks area. I dont have pigmentation at all...so for me simple Retin A will do. Do you think the 0.025 will do anything? Do you need to have deep lines to use the 0.05 or 0.1? Thanks.. :) You re so helpful. I guess it trial and error isnt it...
Hi again Essieb. Just a question, excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between Retinol and Retin A? Is Nuface some kind of Radiofrequency device? I've had a course of Indiba which is Radiofrequency and claims to lift the face but it did nothing for me, I've also been considering purchasing a Tripollar Stop device, another RF product. Regarding the strength of Retin A, the last Doctor I spoke to recently said it was best to use the stronger 0.1% cream as the weaker one would mean just using more to get the same effect and it would take longer to see results. I suppose it depends on how tolerant your skin is and most people who start on a lower dose are recommended to gradually build up to the highest, I started on 0.05%. I've never had deep lines or wrinkles and assume the different strengths are for users with sensitive skins to gradually build tolerance to the product. I am still experiencing peeling around the chin area even though I use Retin A and Blender every other day.
Hi Velvetee! Retin A is stronger than Retinol. And Retinol is stronger than Retinyl Palmitate that many over the counter products have as ingredient. That is the mildest. Nowadays you can find many good products with Retinol, it is diluted in a serum complex and the good thing about it is it doesnt irritate your skin. I am buying the Medik8 3TR (time Release retinol) but that doesnt mean it is 3 % pure l ike Retin A. They say Retinol is more effective and less irritating long term. I also have the 0.025 retin a cream but wont go higher for now as I am using Retinol so I can alternate between the two. Wish I started Retin a years and years ago! Dont know why I didnt...everyone though I was too young for it...but I had always noticed these wrinkles on my forehead..
I'm no expert, but retina can cause ugly uncomfortable sympyoms like peeling, itching, n redness alone.
michelle, you have been using obagi nuderm clear for an year but have you read the articles about Hydroquinone can cause cancer after long term use.i am thinking to buy obagi line but the news about hydroquinone causing cancer and FDA has banned this priduct in various countries , put me into confusion.if someone even uses this system for a short period will never ever be able to stop hydroquinone usage as the dark spots and melasma can retuen?
Hi Ioana... Yes, Michele is a definitely a beauty and she has an incredibly sweet soul as well!! I know the feeling... I felt the same way when I ran across this page... it lures you in and you just can't stop reading! I have heard very good things about the hydroquinone. I used it myself for about 6 months and it left the texture of my skin feeling extremely smooth and supple. Unfortunately, I've come to realize that I have hypo-pigmentation, not hyper-pigmentation, where the spotting on me is light in color rather than dark. The hydroquinone wasn't working on me and being that I live such an outdoor life in So Ca and it's almost impossible for me to stay out of the sun, I stopped using it. From what I've read though, people have had great results from using it. It does take time for the spots to fade so, you have to be patient when using it. Do you have a good dermatologist who you trust that you can see? It sounds like you don't have a lot of faith in the physicians in your area and since you mentioned that your spots are very faint, I think that it's a great idea that you stay away from any chemical peels. There's no need to take the chance of doing some damage to your skin. In my opinion, if you were born with good skin and don't have any scarring from acne or the sun, the best that you can do for your skin, is very basic and simple... stay out of the sun. Anyhow, That's just my opinion... Michele is very knowledgable and I'm sure that she'll get back to you with some great advice. Take care! Peace & light... Rhea

Hi all and thank you very much for your quick reply! You guys are just great. Since I have read this page , I learned many useful things and I will follow your advice and not have any chemical peel as it seems not worthy. Indeed my hyperpigmentation is not very visible. I quit tanning when I have noticed that the skin on my face is not very found of sun ( altough the skin on my body is) and I started using SPF every day. Indeed the physicians in my area are not very ...hmmmm... good, most of them are just interested in taking your money. Not to mention that these kind of procedures are quite expensive here if you take into consideration that the average income per month is around 400 dollars and the prices are like in USA ( food, clothes, etc). This is why I always prefer to do my own research when I am interested in buying or doing something. Don't get me wrong , there are many good physicians here too , but I just think that I didn't find the one for me. I will continue with my daily routine and take care of my skin as before and perhaps if the good and kind Michelle or any other of you great girls have some good advice for me , let me know as it seems that I have many new things to learn here.You girls looks just great. You are all beautiful women. Even if you are not in your early 20ties now, you still look just stunning. If you didn't say you age , I would bet that you are 30, maximum 35.All of you. One can easily see that you have taken good care of your bodies all your life and this is a good thing. Still, not only that you look great , but you are also nice people , which is even more important. And hey , it is alright not to be that perfect:))) You know what they say :'' She could have been almost perfect if she had at least one single flaw''. Also I think that even bad things happen for a reason. For example if I haven't noticed this hyperpigmentations on my face on time , perhaps I would have never known about that bad things does sun to our skin...Rhea, I was so sorry to read what happened to you , but still , you must believe me , you are a very attractive woman. Thank you very much for your reply and wise advice. You have just made me change my mind regarding the chemical peels. I am looking forward to hear from you. Take care!

Hi there! My name is Ioana , I am 27 and I am from Eastern Europe ( a small country named Romania). I came across this page and I just can't stop reading it! First of all , I just wanna say that all people posting here are just great! Michelle, you look stunning! Really , I just hope I will look as good as you when I am 54! You are just incredible; and as far I can see a caring and warm person too! I just hope that you feel good now and don't worry about the scars caused by the surgery. Taking into consideration how good you look, nobody will care about your scars , not to mention that they will fade away too.
The reason why I was surfing this page is because I was searching for as many information as possible regarding chemical peels.I quit exposing my face in the sun for 2-3 years now, but I still have some small hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and I want to get rid of them. They are not very visible , but I know that they are there and I just want to make them fade away for good. I have made my own research and I am not sure if a chemical peel will be ok for me. I mean , I am afraid not to do something wrong. You can imagine that the fizicians from here are not that good as the ones from USA and most of them just want to take away your money... in a word: I do not trust them and I just want to form my own opinion regarding these kind of procedures. I have read that hidroquinone is the only tratament that can help you get read of hyperpigmentation and melasma. Can somebody recommend some products containing hidroquinone? Thank you very much !