Scupltra Did As Promised for my Cheeks

My face is a sinker and as I got into my 40s I got...

My face is a sinker and as I got into my 40s I got gaunt-ish and skeletal looking as my facial fat decreased.  I thought maybe I needed thermage to get more collagen buildup in my skin.  But my derm told me that I didn't have the right amount of fat to get the benefits of thermage.

She convinced me to get Sculptra to give my cheeks and cheek bones a better contour--this took some convincing since i was worried about having something in my body for a long time (she said nearly 2 years). The fact sculptra is not animal based made me feel better.

The sculptra injection was quite uncomfortable, burning sensation and left me pretty bruised looking for 4 days.  She was careful to massage the injection material to make sure it was spread evenly (fanned I think is the term).

I too massaged my face afterwards even though it was tender!  The worst part was that I had to go back for a 2nd injection about 2 wks later.    This time I was ready for the pain...not so bad.

After a month or so I did really notice my cheeks getting back a more rounded look and my skin got smoother to the point my makeup concealed the fine lines. Its now been 6 months since the last injection and I can't say I'm 10 years younger looking but I feel great about the way i do look.

I am 48 and had my first session of Sculptra done yesterday and already I am pleased with what I can see. My face is quite long and thin and I have very noticeable hollows under my eyes and crows feet in the corner. I had a full vial injected under my eyes, tops of my cheeks, at my temples and in the lower hollows under my cheeks and at the corner of my mouth where the first downward lines were just becoming noticeable. I normally bruise really badly but I started taking arnica tablets two days before the treatment (orally) and I do my massage five times a day with arnica gel (kill two birds with one stone haha) and I only had one tiny bruise under my right eye which is easily hidden with a little bit of concealer. I am so pleased with my results ..... the hollows under my eyes look filled in and smoother like when I was 30 and I have more volume overall in my face but following the natural contours. I felt great when I put my make up on this morning and can't wait to see the gradual results over the next 4 - 8 weeks. I am massaging firmly five times a day for five minutes to avoid lumps and in two months time once my own collagen has started to kick in I will decide if I need a 2nd treatment (probably will). I paid 350 euros for the treatment in Spain and if I need to have two more treatments I still consider it very cheap as a way to look younger, fresher and to have my self confidence restored. I don't drink or smoke so feel justified in spending this little amount of money on myself. I am really really pleased with the outcome! :)

well.... after being told by my partner that I was loking tired (and hiv +) I might need to look into something, I did sculptra... WOW.... I ust finished off a rather aggresive treatment cycle.. three vials at eight weeks between them and finished off with a botox to the forehead to cap it off ( I just tured 50) you know.... I look at best guess 40 I LOVE THIS STUFF. I will say the first treatment was pretty rought... major bruising and I freaked out at the "puffy look" and skipped work for a few days, but second time I preped using arnica montana ( a holistic med) oral and topical before and after treatments... this solved all the problems. so at this point I have smooth skin... no smile lines.... and seriosly... Look 40 at the most as told by many.

I had a series of three treatments with Sculptra and it has been 10 months since my first treatment. I am impressed with the results, it has made a dramatic difference in my appearence. I have a lot more fullness in my face. My nasio labial folds are almost gone. It filled in jawline nicely. I just need some more in the cheek area to get my desired results. No lumps thank goodness. I highly recommend this product.

JustSayJulie, I have had 5 vials of sculptra injected and I was wondering how long it took for you to see results. I am 5 months out from my last injection and have not seen any results. Did it take the full 10 months before you saw the full effect? Thanks
Hi Gigi, they say that you see reults after 60 days. For me, it took 90 days to see ant results. I started to see the full results in 6 to 7 months. Everyone is different though. I have a lot of volume lose in my face so any increase is very noticable to me.
I had first sculptra treatment around my mouth, sides of face where my vertical smile lines, cheeks and cheek bones. My doctor said she used very little (less than a full vile or 3-4 ounces). I had a bad skin reaction that went away with antibiotics, steroid cream and time. I did not like the heaviness in my lower face and around my mouth from the beginning. About one month later, my doctor added (she said just one ounce total half in each cheek) to my upper cheek and cheek bones. I liked that the balance of my original face shape returned and it looked good the first two weeks. Very little swelling and redness. Nothing like the first time. And the second treatment did not hurt at all. In fact she did not use any topical numbing - painfree. However, two weeks after my second treatment my fat round face seems to be worse. No contours. In this second treatment, doctor did not add any to bottom face and around the mouth but it looks very heavy. I like the cheek bones but do not like the mouth and lower face fullness. Is there a way to reduce the heaviness in my lower face. I am exercising more trying to burn body fat and eating less. But I don't want to become an anorexic over this. And does lots of fat burning exercise help to offset the heaviness from the Sculptra? Or am I fighting a useless battle?
I had sculptra 4 weeks ago and have not noticed any change in my face, i have fine lines on my cheeks which i hoped would go with the use of sculptra. I am due to visit my doc for second lot in another month so hopefully i will see some improvement by then. I usually use botox but on this occasion it only lasted a couple of months, i am wondering if this is due to anti bodies. I hope i do not experience any hard lumps like the awful stories i have read on the internet
About two and a half years ago, I had 2 vials of Sculptra injected in each of three sessions about six weeks apart. I did not find it that painful but there was considerable bruising (and a black eye) the very first time. The results do not begin to show for at least six weeks to two months. I would say the results lasted maybe 18 - 20 months but lessened as time went by. However, I was very pleased with the results and I am in my mid 60s. Recently I went to a different doctor (a plastic surgeon instead of a dermatologist) and he used a combination of 1 vial of Juvederm and 3 vials of Sculptra. Of course I saw results from the Juvederm right away and after two months the Sculptra is starting to be visible. I think I will need some more Scupltra in about another month to give me the same appearance I had the first time. It's quite expensive to keep it up (a facelift is actually cheaper) but it does work and it's safe, as it has been used for years in Europe without problems. Apparently for those with money, the ultimate is a deep facelift followed by injections of Sculptra to give the face a soft look. That's what some 50 year old movie stars have done and they look fantastic. However, the all-in cost would probably be $40,000 if you went to the top people.
Just had Botox & Juverderm last month, I like the results of my lips and the nasolfolds are pretty ok too, the botox results are better then my last treatment. I don't think I will ever get the Sculptra again, it only lasted a year & I have 2 lumps for life, the one under my eye is small but I feel it, the one by corner of my mouth is bigger & noticeable, makes the corner droop more. I went to the cheif of plastic surgery @ a very reputable hospital here in NJ so you just never know even with a good doctor. I am sticking with the temp fillers 4 now, maybe will have something more (like facelift) in the future if I start saving my pennies now....lol oh the price we pay for vanity*
So far I have heard good things about Sculptra. It builds up the foundation under the sagging skin and also stimulates collagen. But maybe the best thing is it's temporary, let's us do somethinge to postpone the scalpel that is permanent, until something better comes along in two years (when the sculptra has worn off).
I had Scuptra done last August and my 3rd and last trearments in late December of 2006, I found with each round it hurt more & more, I had the numbing cream put on last time with ice and I still could barely bare it but it is over in 20 minutes or so and the price we pay to look good right? Anyway I paid a little over 3k for the series and had botox with it the 1st time. I like the results and peopld tell me how young I look for 50 all the time so I may do it again when the time comes. The botox was ok too but only lasted about 2 months, that I paid 300 dollars for. I would rccomend Sculptra if you have the money to sapre and if you can take some pain for 20 minutes at a pop....lol Good luck to all us vain people*
Well, it was a year December since my last Sculptra injections and sorry to say it has pretty much worn off already so as far as 2 years, I don't thinks so, to bad because I really liked the results for about 9 months or a bit more, for paying over 3,300 in all I am a little bit dissapointed to be honest......hey maybe it is just me??
Its me, JoJo and I have to say now that it is a year and a half since my 1st treatment of Sculptra the results are pretty much all gone, I am dissapointed I must admit but hey maybe it is just me?? Everbody has different results so don't lose hope* Just wish I had not spent os much hard earned money on it*

What about down time - how did you look the day following the injections? Could you go to work?

I wouldn't dare even go to the grocery store like this. I'm on day 2.5 and my eyes (inner part by nose) are so swelled up I can't even blink correctly. I actually have an animal like appearance... my eyes are smaller than usual and my mouth is small and puckered, not big and teethy like usual... I have 2 huge black eyes and about 4 bruises on my lower face. I only went in for under eye circles to try to make them not be so noticeable. :( And yeah.... I iced down my face and did everything so far I'm supposed to do. I took a week off work due to what I'm seeing... I may have to take another week too I think :( My daughter told me I look like something from star trek :(