Sculptra Redness

I did the procedure because i had hollowness under...

i did the procedure because i had hollowness under my eyes and i looked tired all the time when i went to the dr i suggest him restylane but he told me he prefered sculptra to be inyected he talked to me it was a better product so he convinced me to do it ...

its been 10 days of this and it was a nightmare.. i didnt had a christmas and n years party because i was feeling so down about this pls help what can i do

I had sculptra inyected near my eyes 1o years ago,...

i had sculptra inyected near my eyes 1o years ago, 2 days ago appeard some redness like a ecsema under my eyes and the skin it has became rough at touch .. what can it be .. i am sending my pictures so you can see how it look like

I still have nodules despite surgery. They are inflammatory and very unsightly. I can not cover them with make up. The board certified plastic surgeon did not read the instructions but hey... what does it matter to him really. It has only ruined my face.
Looks like your doctor injected too close to the eyes/orbital bone. It states in all the documentation that the chance of the nodules occuring increases around the eyes and directly in the lips.
Not sure how I missed your story. I am so sorry to see what has happened. That's how it started off then the nodules got hard and even after the removal it looks red and like I have bags underneath. I am looking for a dr who can do some amazing plastic surgery who can try and make my eyes look normal.
Hey there, I jjust got Sculptra done in my cheeks and i'm thinking of getting it under my eyes. Can you tell me the name of your doctor to be sure i don't go to see him? I want to be sure it is safe to use under the eyes as well. Did you have dark circles or creases?? Thanks Take good care Michelle
Sculptra is NOT recommended for the eye area. Read some of the horror posts on here and you will see why. The nightmares go on for years and years - foreign body granulomas. Please consider this decision very carefully and read all the negative reviews on RealSelf (especially the ones with photos) before you decide whether to go ahead with it or not. Good luck.
SCULPTRA IS GREAT. RIGHT. oh got it, now that a few maybe 30,000 people have been seriously harmed, just rename it Three Times, Now It Is PERFECTED. New Fill Sculptra Now Sculpta (more b.s.)
Btw, you look young and pretty despite your red nodules. But believe me, I know how you feel from this shocking reaction. A big part of the agony was that this stuff was morphing and growing under my skin and I would wake up each morning wondering what I would look like. Th “unknowns” of what was happening to my skin and looks was terrifying. The patchy red nodules under your eyes in the pictures look very similar to what I experienced on my cheeks. And it did get better in time. In addition to benadryll and anti-inflammatory I applied a topic steroid cream prescribed by my doctor lightly which helped a little as well and used a very mild face cleanser and moisturizer. Advise #1: Don’t do anymore! My first application in Oct. 2009 , I had this swelling and redness reaction and after 5 weeks in calmed down. My doctor said my sensitive reaction was caused by the topical numbing. So I did a second application of a very small amount (1 cc total) in my cheeks with no numbing and had an even worse reaction. I am a very healthy person who exercises, eats healthy, takes no medications and I do not even drink alcohol and I have had surgeries with dissolvable sutures a few times in the past with no issues. There is something else going on with Sculptra injections that is proving time and time again on this website and others that individuals can have an adverse reaction - even if the injection is administered correctly by a trained physician. My husband is a doctor and his opinion was I had an allergic reaction to the medication injection yet the maker of sculptra claims no one can be allergic. I reported my case to the maker of sculptra and they will submit to the FDA. Advise #2: call the maker and report your case to them and FDA. Even if your case turns around like mine, future patients should be amply warned of the effects. It was personally horrifying. Advise #3: If it’s not broke, don’t fix it! (or if you look pretty, don’t try to improve what God has bless you with). This product was originally meant for severely ill folks with facial wasting like AIDS victims who truly need improvement. I thought I looked a bit aging (over 40) but in hindsight much prettier before I had Sculptra. I don’t like the Sculptr fat face over blow cheek look personally. My eyes look smaller and the Sculptra look is artificial just as any plastic surgery. In my opinion, an attractive person should be very careful with these facial fillers, botox or what have you. I wish I could go back three months and stop being such a brain washed perfectionist about my over 40 face and enjoy the aging experience. Again, you are pretty, try to cover it up with make up and I am sure it will all calm down in time. :)
Thank you Sally49 for your words of wisdom. I am currently looking into doing something to tighten the skin under my eyes which i believe is due to computer strain but because im 38yrs old Im going with aging. Next week I have an appointment for an Sculptra consultation but am really rethinking this because what you said does hit home with me as well.
Awesome advice. If my disasters ever come good, I will never mess with my face again. I looked so much better before any injectables and regret it all every day. Ageing gracefully is the way to go!
I feel exactly the same I went to see dr for under eye peel he persuaded me to try sculptra instead and I wish I hadnt had it it has left me with fat face and small piggy eyes and I hate it , I am just hoping against hope it wears off !! it was about a year ago .... : (
Hi there - first of all thank you very much for having the courage to post pictures as a warning to others. It is very brave and extremely useful. This is a product that I had once considered for under circles but thanks to the posts on this website I think the risks are too high. Good luck and my best wishes to you. I too did not have a very good christmas or new year (botox disaster) so I absoulutely feel for you. I hope everything resolves itself soon. Also you should take heart that it is much more obvious to you than it is to others. Cheers, K
Give it some time and try not to look at yourself while it calms down. I had a horrible post reaction to the injection with redness and swelling and pain. I lost 10 pounds and so much sleep over my reaction and contacted the pharmaceutical company. I am convinced I had an allergic reaction to the product settling and I hope the maker of this product puts better warnings out of the the side effects. But it did subside. I am at month three and no more redness. Don't rub it too much. I think I over massaged and irritated the already sensitive skin. Also, a turning point for me in redness and swelling was taking benedryll antihistamine and anti-inflammatory. This was recommended on a paper I read by the maker of sculptra for rare delayed swelling and sensitivity. Good luck.
Do you know where I can find the paper you are referring to?
how are yours doing?
It is very unfortunate you may be in the sculptra damage club. you have inflammatory nodules that are part of a foreign body immune response. 2/20/08 it was improperly injected under my eyes and today i still have chronic painful inflammation. the manufacturer cant tell how long thid will go on. they know this happens. it is not your fault but everyone will blame your bodies unique response. you and i were counted when they did their market calculations. good luck, you will need it.
You had surgery?
the sculptra was inyected 15 days ago its not a year ago as i post .. i made a mistake
any better
Any Better?

The doctors here have stated that they do not recommend Sculptra for under eye areas. Here is more information abouthow to avoid Sculptra side effects such as bumps. I hope you keep us updated on your progress and whether the condition improves.

Best wishes,

Tom

Tom, I would love to share my Before and After photos, my Honest events of what happened to my face and health since that time, now 2 years. You cannot even imagine. Can your lawyers protect me from a lawsuit 100% honest, in no way would I even think to make this up,truly just the truth about my experience with Sculpta injections "safe, not risky like surgery"? Let me know. Sincerely,