Sculptra is a Horror

I was never given any warnings. I was told that...

I was never given any warnings. I was told that sculptra was an inert biocompatable biodegradable filler that would stimulate the skin to appear thicker and cover an old injury i had.  I was told allergy testing isnt needed because it is made of the same stuff that absorbable sutures is made of.  (I have had absorbable sutures, no problem there).  I was never given any literature on the product from the Dr or the manufacturer.  I was told it is off label use as it has been approved by the FDA for facial wasteing conditions.  That it has been used successfully in Europe for many years and by the way BoTox is off label use for cosmetics.  Ok..

Well I just had it injected one time and one bottle. This was over a year ago.  I have large painful lumps called granulomas.  I am told am having a "hpersensitivity" by some doctors and "allergic reaction" by others.

It cant be cut out or dissolved or removed and it sure isnt going away.  I have been on and off prednisone for over a year.  I have periodic fevers and hives and aches and pains i never had before.  i would pay ten times what i paid to get it out but no one can get it out.

I dont think the Dr that put it in will ever use it again.  I dont think he intended to cause me harm but he sure did cause me harm.

I hide behind fake glasses and am avoid all public interaction.  I go to work and that is it.  this is a horror.  sculptra is a horror.  Dont use it.  if they warn your of papules or inflamation (I have read about the product now) they re not telling you that inflammation lasts for years.  no one knows when it will ever be out of my body.  the lumps may never go away.

Don't Use Sculptra!!!!!!

I am on my fourth surgery for lumps under my eyes. The skin has thickened and my scars are deep and ugly. I look like a freak. My eyes don't get a full blink. The "pearls" are dropping into my lower cheeks. An AWFUL product. FDA approved. How come they never checked the adverse effects?
OMG, I'm soo sorry for your bad experience...and thankful for your posting indicating the warnings not to get sculptra. I know what you mean about looking in the mirror with regret and depression and panic....I had (still have) the same feeling about too much Radiesse that I had injected two months ago...I still don't look like myself. The same doctor has been pushing Sculptra on my BIG TIME!!!! Not joking, when I went back in tears concerned about my too much Radiesse puffed up face he commented that he hopes I still want the Sculptra in the future...I have some scarring that he things it will help. I like my doctor, he's nice and I want to believe him but I'm upset he didn't warn me about the Radiesse complication risks..so there is no way I'm doing sculptra now..I'm scared. I will live with my scars!! I wish I never got the Radiesse. So damage will stop here. I wish you well and sorry for your bad result, my heart goes out to you.
I have information of interest about how Polylactic Acid (Sculptra) got approved. Of course all the woman harmed know this. And than the drug company so easily got it into the hands of any plastic surgeon or dermo who would risk patient safety for $$$s. I'll do my Blog tomorrow. Finally.

He didnt know that some people have very chronic longlasting adverse reactions. He didnt warn me of any possibility of that happening to me.