Sculptra is a Horrible Product

Sculptra was injected improperly and caused...

Sculptra was injected improperly and caused painful inflammatory nodules. Surgical debulking didnt remove the product and it remains to this day. the foreign body response is unpredictable and it can cause large unsightly granulomas and as been associated with biofilm infections which are difficult to treat. One year on steroids and antibiotics just gave antibiotic resistant bacterial infection. So I am not suprised that someone is having problems 5 months after sculptra. People have developed granulomas years after injection. the PLLA crystals are very long lived in the body. This is especially true if the physician clumped the product or over filled an area or used in in areas of thin skin.

Still horrible and still there. After several...

still horrible and still there. After several surgeries I still have inflammatory nodules and my immune system is still in a state of dysregulation causing a variety of inflammation even where no sculptra was injected. The stuff should be used as a weapon of war against the enemy. It is a torture device. Still lumpy and still sick and hiding.
James Miller, Albany Plastic Surgeons PLLC

he didn't follow instructions and injected sculptra improperly.

How dreadful! I am having inflammation problems and am wondering what steroids you have been talking as fu 5 and Kenalog have been suggested to me.
Be very careful with kenalog, it leaves a nice dent and can be permanent. Have your doc use like 2% only and then have it re-done 2 weeks later if the lump is still there- and then again in a month. I am still left with a large lump under my eyes - I think it's been 8 years, that lump is not going anywhere! This all being said, sculptra today is a different product then what I had 8 years ago. Also keep in mind that people with immune issues could have more problems with lumps- how good your injector is and where it's injected have to be considered. The product is difficult and thus raises the risk for problems. I am so sorry you are having issues and hope you can get some help. warmest regards, kooie
hank you so very much for your support and the info. My main problem has been the continuous flow of excessive saliva into my mouth which is probably the result of inflamed salivary glands. Suggestions have been excision of the nodules and/or injections of fu5 and Kenalog. I had some of the nodules excised (he did not get all of them) and the saliva problem has actually intensified. I am terrified of steroids but I just don't know what else to do. Again, thank you for caring. It helps so much.
2008
So sorry for your experience..... truly. What year did they inject sculptra in you?
Very interesting Tom. Thanks for posting this. I believe this will give many hope. I am not sure in my case as its been 5 years but I may contact this doctor and I live in Northern Ca and could get to this guy easily... I have one very stubborn lump that just will not go away. How I wish I had seen this 5 years ago... How I wish I had never been talked into having it under my eyes. I think this doctor is wise in NOT putting it under the eyes. good guy! kooie

You may be interested in seeing Dr. Dailey's guest blog entry about Sculptra of the face

If you found it helpful, please leave a comment on his post!

we were duped plain and simple. kooie
PS: What is this nonsense marketing term - "The Liquid Facelift" just one more deception to add to the list. Words meant to give a potential patient aka a Sale, the perception "liquid" "a gel", NOTHING LIQUID about having reformulated Sutures material injected under your skin The award for deception, I vote for the earlier version Sculptra Brochure. Bright pink, smiling healthy looking woman on the cover, sure didn't suggest HIV severe facial wasting. After Photos, Large, Inside Brochure of Real Face Lifts, not attainable with these Sculptra Injections, targeted to the female beauty market, not hiv patients. A different Brochure was used in those few first offices set up in US Territories by Sanofi/Dermik. Photos of Males with very thin faces. I wish the FDA would wake up, do their jobs, please, and protect the public.
I am absolutely Butchered and facial nerve pain attack is currently so intense, I can't even properly respond to your post. Sweat is dripping from disfigured injection site areas under my eyes and upper cheeks. I will try as best I can for now. The sickest Sanofi knew of all these horrific symtoms prior - New Fill in Europe, who said used safe for year prior in Europe, the drug company of course, and the doctors who could care less about patient safety. Maybe I was just salespitched by the most deceptive con man with medical credentials. No, I think there are more of the "hims and hers" to go around. Permanent systemic disease was injected under my eyes "foreign material" (of course if I was informed sutures would be injected, I would have run.) Surgeon would not get what he wanted, one thing, that insane profit he made. I exist with chronic disfigurement, granulomas lips, material has migrated and extruding from my skin. So many diagnoises of diseases were triggered. Other real doctor are disgusted when I try and seek help and they see what was done to me. Shocked this MD is a BCPS.