Sculptra Didn't Work for Me. Perhaps It Just Doesn't for Some People.

I've had 3 sculptra treatments at $1000 each. I am...

I've had 3 sculptra treatments at $1000 each. I am about 8 weeks post my last treatment and I have seen no results whatsoever. I don't mind when I buy a $50 night cream and don't see any results. But $3000 and the pain, bruising and now a small lump at the corner of my eye? For this I paid $3000?

I don't know why it seems to work for some people and not others. I don't think it was my doctor's fault. I have been going to him for many years and he is a wonderful plastic surgeon who has done major work for me (face lift, eye lid surgery, neck lift, fills my lips regularly, etc.) all turned out beautiful and very natural looking. I think sculptra just doesn't work for some people. I am really disappointed in this product. A total waste of money.

I will wait another month or so and see if anything develops. I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor in June because he agreed that there was little or no change and wants to see me then to see what develops. I think he will probably recommend additional treatments but who wants to spend more money on something that "might" work. It's like putting another $1000 on the crap table even though you've been losing all night :-) Wish I had the money back to do some juvederm and botox instead. Those treatments always make a huge difference and are cheaper. Sculptra .... a total loss so far.

He's a great doctor. In this case it's not the doctor, it's the product.