9 weeks PO, still not flat :(

I am 40 yrs old, have 2 young boys, ages 4 and 1...

I am 40 yrs old, have 2 young boys, ages 4 and 1 and am ready (I think) to reclaim by body. I am 5'3'' and currently weigh 132lbs...I would like to reach 125 by my surgery date. I had kids later in life (at 36 and 39) and while my tummy did bounce back after my first son, it did not after my second baby even though I gained less weight. I did 3 consultations with board certified plastic surgeons and was told I have severe diastasis and a possible hernia. This explains why I look 5 months pregnant. :(

This site is awesome and I am so glad I found it. I have the same mixed emotions as many...guilt over the decision...is this selfish when I have two young children? If I died they would be without their mother. Should I just accept my body and not take the risks? Even if I don't die from the surgery or a blood clot, I could be left disappointed if results are not what I had hoped for or even possibly disfigured if something goes wrong...all this already keeps me up at night.

Even the process of selecting a doc was not easy as they were all nice, qualified, priced within a few hundred dollars of each other, etc, etc. I am very happy with the doc I selected but you never know until it is done.

Usually I am a very confident person but I can not believe how much this whole thing has me second guessing everything...did I pick the right doc, should I wait until the kids are older, should I not do it at all????

I love reading the stories on here and gaining great advice..things I had never heard of like pineapple juice for healing, etc. I look forward to reading up on the experiences of others (and trying not to freak out over the few stories when some did not think it was worth it). Good luck to all. I will post pics later...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I feel great about the PS that I selected. She...

I feel great about the PS that I selected. She just called me herself to answer a few additional questions. I had left a message with 2 final questions with her assistant and explained that I did NOT need the doc to call me back, just wanted her to ask for me and call me back whenever, as they were just general questions. Instead the doc called back to answer the questions explaining that she would prefer to answer herself rather than have a third party trying to relay answers. Wow, great service and I am still 3 months out. I had an initial consultation with her. Then saw her one more time before making my final decision and then spoke with her today. I am very impressed with her hands on approach and from all the reviews I have read about her (on other sites as well) she offers the same approach after the surgery.

I feel great about my choice and think I now need to stay away from some internet info. I have already researched to a great extent and now it is time to focus on positive stories. It is so easy to get freaked out by one or two bad stories/outcomes.

Hopefully my PS doesn't think I am a freak with all the questions I have had!! :)

Hi newmomat, we are schedule around the same time! I think we all think the same thing, my mind is going 24/7. I'm not worried about the pain as much as actually not making it through alive. It may sound silly but I had never had any kind of surgery.
Deb Sunshine...so glad you are on the other side! :) I will look for your review after the kids are in bed. I would love to read your story as well. So glad to hear you feel fantastic!!
Good luck sweetie ;) read your story and you made me think of me so much ... all the questions and if I was a freak lol I walked in on my 1st visit with 32 questions and 2nd visit I had like 30 questions lol and final visit 7 days before surgery had 10 more lol ... so no don't ever feel like a question is stupid if they don't want to answer it or you feel like they think its stupid then that is when you worry see what I mean. Honey you will be just fine and wow doctor calling you that would have made me feel really good ;) you can always ask questions on here so many ladies have helped me out etc... I love this forum and all the tt ladies on here. I look foreard to reading your post and helping you if I can ;) I'm 13 post op today and I feel fantastic and I'm so happy I did this. Xoxo deb

Can someone with small children please clarify...

Can someone with small children please clarify when you were allowed to pick up for 1 yr old for things like diaper changes, putting him in and out of crib..just mild lifting. I thought it was 4-6 weeks but I just read another post and she said her doc said not to carry her one yr old for 3 months...what????
Please, someone who has been through this help me...if this is true perhaps I need to wait for this surgery.

Oh good! If you have 2 weeks covered you will be fine. I thought about waiting until my kids were older, but there is never a good time & I am not getting younger :). I want to wear a bikini!!! I'm excited to follow your story!
Runnermom..totally agree with you. I am not so concerned about hurting my baby's feelings (he will be 19 months old when I have surgery in Feb) as I am about the times when he has to be lifted for a diaper change, etc.
My 4 yr old son is old enough to be reasoned with so he will understand mommy has a boo boo and will be better soon but little one is still in a crib so I was a little stressed out.
Spoke to my PS and she said her preference is I not life him at all for 4 weeks but she said "real world" after 2 weeks if absolutely needed.
I am completely covered for the first 2 weeks post op. Husband is taking 8 days off and then his mom and my mom will cover till 14 days..then my mom will be available when my hubs is working. Hubs also asked for fewer shifts in Feb so that will help. I just know there will be a time during weeks 3 and 4 where I may need to put little one in car seat to take him to daycare if I need to rest. My husband has odd shifts so he can't do it when he is on the schedule.
Anyhow, I feel better about it and think I will be pretty well covered for all of Feb.
Can't wait to get this over with.
Hi newmom! I totally understand what you are going through. I went through all the same concerns. My kids are 7,5, & 2. Being 10 days post op, I am very happy I did it now. My dr recommended not picking up my 2 year old for 2-3 weeks. He is more liberal than some drs. I do plan to not lift her more than I have to for a while. I want to protect my investment. It is a short period of time that the kids won't remember. Best of luck on your journey. This is for you and you deserve it!

Can't believe this month is almost over. Even...

Can't believe this month is almost over. Even though I am not scheduled until Feb., I feel the time is flying by. December will pass quickly as well b/c of Christmas.

I keep having dreams, almost nightly about the surgery. Nothing spooky, so that is good, just random, oddball dreams.

I continue to be glued to this site. Thanks to all for sharing their stories, thoughts, fears, let downs, etc. It is a big help.

I have a Lazy Boy recliner that I bought when I was preggers b/c I could not get comfortable sitting anywhere. I almost sold it a few months back b/c I am done having kids and that is what I purchased it for. Good thing I held on to it as it sounds like most of you have needed one. I will not be renting a hospital bed..just simply don't feel like it. Too bulky, kind of grosses me out because they are used...I know they clean them but still...I don't know, I am a germ freak so I am going to hope the recliner is enough and husband is going to take our bed off the frame b/c we have very high, thick mattresses so if they are just on the floor, off the frame it will be easier. He did this for me for my c-secions as well and it helped.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and has a wonderful Christmas as well. :)

Oh ya...can't decide if I should get a flu shot. Haven't had one for years but of coarse this would not be a good year to get the flu...don't want to get sick before surgery and certainly not after as coughing would be a major bummer...hum, don't know..any thoughts out there on that one?

Puggymom..thanks for the advice on how to care for my kids after the surgery. Hadn't even thought of a step stool to let him climb into minivan...great idea. He is getting so independent that he likes to slide out of car seat on his own once I unbuckle him anyway so those are good tips..just what I love about this site. We have so much on our mind that sometimes some really simple solutions evade us.

MaumeeMG..so excited for your journey as well and will be following. Time is really going to fly for you with the busy holiday season upon us. Keep updating your stuff as well. :)
Just read your review - glad for you that you have worked out the after care and are going ahead with it. As runnermom said, it is never a good time and we aren't getting any younger!
I am 40 like you and had my two youngest (5 and 3) when I was 35 and 37. I had my older two at 19 and 25. ;-) So I have been ready for this tt for a long time!

Funny you mentioned the strange surgery dreams...I am having a small umbilical hernia repaired at the same time as my tt and last night I had a dream that when I sucked in my belly, my umbilical hernia stuck out like a foot from my belly. AH! Just our minds trying to get used to the idea of our impending body changes.

My tt is sched for Jan 9th, almost a month before yours, so I'll give you some great feedback on post-op stuff. Looking forward to following your journey!
Your doctor sounds great! You sound like me with all the research. Once I made up my mind I did not read any negative reviews. I just focused on the positive. I didn't mind hearing the truth of the surgery but no point in making yourself crazy with people who hated it.

About lifting your child....I was kind of handicapped after I had my 2 & 3 child so I learned to work around it. Try and have your little one walk to the couch & climb up to change him. Have him climb into the car or stroller. You could even bring a little step stool to help get into the car. That would cut down a lot on having to lift him. I was not able to lift mine a lot so we did things like I mentioned and they did just fine. I couldn't even walk around w/ my newborn baby to help calm her when she was fussy. I just rocked her and she adjusted. To this day she loves to sit in a rocker as it calms her. And she is 15 yrs old! When your little gets upset sit down and have him climb up on your lap. Protect yourself with a pillow and give him lots of love. You'll get through it just fine.

Your time will be here before you know it!

Really on the fence about lipo of inner and outer...

Really on the fence about lipo of inner and outer thighs. Been reading reviews on the lipo discussions and many give it a not worth it rating due to lumpiness, hard spots, saggy skin, etc. I am getting lipo of the flanks as that is part of the tt cost with my doc but I am having doubts about the thighs as this area can be addressed with exercise unlike my seperated muscles. Anyone have experience with lipo of thights done at same time as tt?

I have decided not to do the lipo on the thighs. Talked to a friend who had lipo on thighs and she does have some lumps, etc much like many of the reviews I have read on this site (under the lipo section). I am having lipo of the flanks as I want a smooth overall look and will deal with lumps if I get them but i see no reason to add trauma to another area of my body that I can address with diet and hitting the gym. :)

So about a month to go. Getting into a crazy...

So about a month to go. Getting into a crazy nesting mode. Got an oil change today, tires rotated. Feel a need to clean the baseboards throughout the entire house. It is time and I certainly won't want to do it for several months post surgery. Want to get carpets cleaned, take son to the dentist, etc, etc, etc. The time has really flown by, with the holidays and now just one month to go. With little ones, I am always plenty busy running the household and when I start adding in crazy nesting plans, seems like barely enough time to get it all done.
My only regret is that I have not been able to go to the gym on a regular basis. My 17 month old is always sick..gets over one cold, bug, virus, only to get another so I can not take him to the child center at the gym. Hubs works a lot of hours so I would prefer to hit the gym while he is at work and it just isn't happening. I continue to be sleep deprived from taking care of little one at night..I really hope I don't get sick myself before surgery. Looking forward to getting this over with and heading to "flatland". :)

I probably should try the DVD's. I am just in a funk right now. I really like my gym time b/c it is the only break I get from the kids. Both of my boys, 4 and the other 17 months are very busy, crazy, hyper little dudes. The days as a stay home mom are long and often boring, quite honestly. I worked until I was 36 so staying home was a huge transition for me, a rather hard one. So I am just having a little pity party for myself and realize that I sound very selfish. Many moms have it very rough and I have been blessed with a great husband who helps when he is home (but he works a ton of hours) and while my little one is always sick, I am blessed that it is just regular illnesses and I know life would be much harder with special needs children so I feel like a real shit when I get burned out but I am burned out right now. Going to the gym was just my little moment of me time within a very long day of tending to the kids and the household non stop. By the time I put them down at 8pm, I am exhausted and know my day still isn't done, as the little one cries out through the night and I will need to tend to him. So I just have no motivation to pop in an a workout DVD. :( My older one doesn't nap anymore so can't really do a DVD during the day when little one naps..I use that time to pay more attention to older son who kind of gets jipped on mommy time b/c little one is still so needy with constant colds, etc.
Alright, so sorry for the negative rant..I need to snap out of it. ;)
newmomat37 same here. My little one is 18 months and I haven't been in the gym since I got pregnant with her. Haven't you consider doing dvds at home? I been doing dvds (insanity, p90x, etc) at home when she takes her morning nap(so I don't have to put her in the child care, I save on gas, no worries that I'll be late for the class, etc) First time I did a dvd I didn't liked it (I was used to the gym classes)... but I was like, I rather waste 40-50minutes doing the dvd than doing something else. Now I love them!

I am 3 weeks away come Monday. I have my pre-op...

I am 3 weeks away come Monday. I have my pre-op with my PS this Tuesday. I am excited but surprised that the stress of it all is overshadowing the excitement.

My biggest fears:

Death

Blood clot that could lead to death

Muscle seperation returning after good initial results...how awful to look great, only to have pooch return months later..although rare, it can happen and has happened to a few gals on this site. :(

Caring for my small children..hoping that enough healing will have occurred before I need to start lifting little one in and out of crib.

Okay, so for some positive thoughts: My husband was able to get almost the entire month of Feb off so I will have 3 weeks (Feb 6- Feb 29) of for sure not having to lift baby for anything. This was a HUGE blessing. I wish I could embrace it more and let go of all of my anxiety.

I think about praying but feels weird to pray about recovery from plastic surgery. I go to a Mops type group at church and would love to ask the ladies to pray for me but seems wrong in this time of economic struggle for so many, to ask for prayers when dropping some serious money on plastic surgery.

I feel blessed to have found this site..funny how we feel like friends with each other even though we don't know anyone on here personally. I dont even remember how I stumbled across this site..probably one of my many on line searches for reviews on docs?? who knows but what I wonderful thing.

I plan to upload my before pics on Tuesday after seeing my PS for preop appt. Someone on here said it helps to make us feel like we are making the right decision...nothing like th harsh reality of how we look in pictures to make us press on!! :) Best wishes to all.

Just read your updated review, newmom. I had many of the same concerns. Don't you dare feel guilty about asking someone to pray for you!! Surgery is surgery, girl! And you don't have to tell them exactly what you are having done - tell them hernia surgery, or muscle repair. :-)
I think 3 solid weeks of coverage will be awesome and plenty of time. I think you'll still feel muscle soreness beyond that though so try not to lift much until 6-8 weeks.
I'll be following your journey and please ask me any questions you have!

Attempting to add before pics. Saw PS today for...

Attempting to add before pics. Saw PS today for pre-op appt. Seems so real now. I am still on the fence about thigh lipo. I will decide tonight and go in and pay in full tomorrow. Had butterflies when I went in this morning.

newmomat37 you have a nice curvy body! you are going to look awesome after tt :)
Newmom, you are going to looking amazing!!! These next few weeks will fly by!
Newmomat37 - I guess I didnt realize that our surgery dates are the same. I see you have an 18 month old. My little guy will be 16 months when I have the surgery. The guilt is already getting to me, as he will not understand why I cant pick him up :( Good luck with everything and please keep us posted!!

So I paid in full today. I have been on the fence...

So I paid in full today. I have been on the fence about inner/outer thigh lipo with my tt. I have changed my mind many times but today I paid for it so no turning back now.

My PS had me try on the compression garment, it is awful! Like a corset it hooks up the sides, then zips up and has a lovely pee/poop hole. I already sweat like a beast anyway so this should be fun. I can not even begin to imagine using the bathroom with this thing on..like it is really going to stay all nice and lined up so there is no mess..good luck!
I have just upped my fear factor big time and wonder if I am making a big mistake, seems it would be a lot easier to heal just from the tt.....heavy sigh...

I'm excited for your upcoming surgery!! You will do great, and the 3 weeks with your husband will probably be more than enough. As for the thigh lipo, I don't think it would add a lot to the recovery, but I had lipo on my flanks which really enhanced my TT results, and when I gained some weight, it went into my inner thighs. If I had had those lipo'ed too, who knows were the fat would go? I find the inner thighs to be a decent place to hide things. I wouldn't want to sprout a bunch of back fat or saddlebags, but that's just my fear. You do what's best for you, and good luck!
Thanks room2improve..the recovery part I am bummed about revolves around the very large, rigid cg for the thighs..just would be a lot easier without dealing with that..worried about indentations, lumps, saggy skin...I am still thinking about backing out of the thigh lipo. My PS kind of talked me back into it the day of my pre-op appt. I was set to scratch that part and she said she really thinks I will regret not getting it done for a nice smooth finish. Don't we all wish we had a crystal ball!
But agree with you..don't want a fat back! :0
Only 2 weeks away from Monday..yikes!
Hey, I have been waiting for some new pics from you..hope you post some soon. :)
Hee hee--I've been waiting to lose the holiday pounds, but I'm not on track yet. As soon as I lose a little, I'll post new pics. We want to inspire people and not scare them, right? :-)

I'm sure your thighs would look great with lipo (whose wouldn't?!), but just my two cents on having somewhere for the fat to go if you gain any weight.

CGs are a pain, but don't worry about indents. I had them from my garment on my sides but they go away. I'd just try to mix things up if you can.

So excited for you!! I'm totally happy that I did the TT.

Well, I have done most of the pre planning and...

Well, I have done most of the pre planning and errands. Filled my Rx's for Percocet, Valium, Keflex, and Phenergen. Picked up the Hibicleanse soap and additional supplies. Bought extra groceries and will continue to keep everything overstocked for hubs. Don't want him to have to grocery shop with both boys in tow. Made a hair appt for 4 days before my surgery so my highlights are fresh..might be awhile before I get back in..don't want skunk head!!

I have done some super cleaning around the house, even got hubs to rechaulk our shower and managed to get all the soap scum off of the glass doors. next are the baseboards and organize office and I am done.

Have a lot of nervous energy. The dreams about surgery have come back. I was dreaming every night about it in some way right after I booked the date. Then the dreams stopped with the business of the holidays, etc. They just started back up a couple of nights ago. Nothing spooky, just something that pertains to my tt each and every night.

I am starting to look at my boys in that odd way of what if... each night in the middle of the night I have this urge to go into their rooms and squeeze them.

Hubs has a brutal schedule coming up. He works in the ER and is on for 9 out of the next 12 days..some of those shifts are night shifts...poor dear. He is doing this to have more time off after my surgery.

Wishing everyone well. Thanks to all who continue to update their progress and include new pics along the way. :)

Hey lady! I saw that your big day is coming up soon! I read your story & had to laugh as I had been researching getting a TT for the past 6 yrs & constantly talking myself in & out of it! I felt Like a nutcase at every consult with my large notebook of questions & concerns that when I finally chose a PS I didn't even need my big book anymore. Lol you look very tiny already & will love ur results! I'm 8 weeks post op 2morro & from day 1 I knew it was worth it even with the swelling I looked 1000 times better & it gets better & better every week that goes by. Sending positive thoughts ur way on your big day :)
Thanks so much..can use all the positive vibes/thoughts/prayers I can get! :)
Newmom!! This is your week, m'lady! SO excited for you!

Well, I am almost there! Having all kinds of...

Well, I am almost there! Having all kinds of random dreams. Last night was about shaving for the last time before surgery..so much talk about ingrown hairs, waxing, etc that it must have stuck in my mind. I am not a very hairy person but in my dream I had the hairiest arm pits ever and just kept shaving them over and over! :0

Went to Costco and stocked up for hubs and the boys. Bought a lot of frozen stuff like fish sticks, chicken nuggets, meatballs for pasta, etc. Loaded up on water and vitamin water zero, larabars, apple packs. Thanks for the ideas mm9801 (can't remember the numbers in your handle??) Will get fresh fruit and veggies day before I go in.

Been taking Miralax everyday as I always have back up issues..TMI sorry! PS asked me to stop Miralax 1-2 days prior to surgery, said she doesn't want me to crap on the table..gee, why not!! Will start Miralax again the day I get home from overnight stay. Also bought MOM as I do not want to get backed up from narcs on tops of my own G.I. issues!

I go back and forth from complete excitement to complete second guessing...what the hell am I doing this for?!

Finished most of my cleaning frenzy..baseboards were so dusty..once you do it you realize too much time has passed since the last time, they look brand new!

Thanks to all who continue to update their reviews, it is nice to have an idea of what to expect! Best wishes to all! :)

Im so excited for you. I don't know why I guess cause I'm done and didn't enjoy the excitement of what was to come cause I was so nervous. You are going to have such great results!!! Did you take some full body before photos too? As painful as it was I'm glad I did. Just wanted to drop by and say hi and can't wait to see the outcome! Yay! --Magen
Yes, I need to have hubs do a few full body shots. I kept telling him he was too close up with the first round so I will do more so I can compare the lipo of inner/outer thighs.

I am pretty nervous so that tends to override the excitement. The last 3 months have flown by but time came to a screeching halt today and I can tell it is going to be a long weekend.

Thanks for checking in on me! :)
I just read your review and had to laugh. I struggled with all of the same thoughts and fears and still struggle with them today. I am also cleaning like crazy. I did my baseboards and light fixtures over the weekend. We have a sunporch that has windows on all walls and decided to wash them all inside and out today since it was so nice out. I have been stocking up on everything non-perishable from Costco. I feel as though I am nesting. It is so weird. You are going to look amazing and be so happy that you did this for yourself! Our little ones will be OK and will be better off in the long run if we are happier with ourselves. I can't wait to follow your story.

So today is Friday and Monday is my day. Today was...

So today is Friday and Monday is my day. Today was my 5th wedding anniversary and I spent most of the day crying. I am scared. I did end up telling the moms in my church group and they did a group prayer for me and the tears fell. When hubs and I exchanged cards, I cried (although we got each other the exact same card...how crazy is that!!). When I read some more reviews, I cried. One of my fellow Feb tt just gave a recount of how her surgical day went and I cried, sounds scary to me. I am wishing I backed out of the thigh lipo, this made me cry.

I have dropped 2 lbs in the last 3 days b/c when I am really stressed I can't eat much. I feel sick to my stomach.

It is going to be a very long weekend. I still have a lot of chores to do and hubs has night shift tonight which means I have the kids all morning so he can sleep.

I don't feel "ready".

newmomat goog luck on monday... I'll be praying for you... I felt the same way... I was SO nervous on my way to the center... I never had surgery before in my life and I was so scare thinking on my daugthers, my hubby, etc... I even wanted to cry but I knew if I cry I would get my nose clog so I strarted thinking in positive things... I don't even remember who dress me :)
I was the same way, new. It is reasonable to be scared. You have researched this like crazy and have prepared well. No one is every truly "ready" (everyone has kids, chores, stuff to do) so don't feel like not feeling ready should hold you back. You have all of my best wishes and my prayers going out to you this weekend. You have done ALL you can do at this point. It is in the doctor's hands on Monday. Please try to NOT think about the negative - it only fills you with anxiety. Please do me a favor this weekend and think about all of the good that will come from the surgery. How good you will feel. How glad you will be that you did it. Think about how in 6 months you will look back on this moment and appreciate all you did to prepare for this and that you are healed. We are here for you, newmom, and we will be here during your healing process. Honestly, this anticipation before the surgery is worse than the recovery - I promise you! Lots of prayers coming your way!! When you feel overwhelmed tomorrow and Sunday know that it is a big group hug coming at you from your friends here at realself! xoxo
Thank you so much for your kind words! You are so right, can never be totally ready because life keeps moving..even if I had another week, there would be new piles of laundry, new dishes to wash, etc. I have tried to be as organized as possible to ease the stress on myself as well as hubs. He keeps telling me I don't have to do anything, who cares if the carpet isn't vacumed, well I do but he doesn't :)
Six months is going to come whether I do this or not so might as well do it and enjoy a new me in 6 months! :)

Spent the day finishing my "spring cleaning". It...

Spent the day finishing my "spring cleaning". It kept me busy and the day went quickly. I am staying at my parents house tonight, my mom is taking me in the morning so my husband can stay with our young children (my mom has MS and can only handle my boys for a short time so it was better to leave hubs with the kiddos).
The only time I got sad today was saying goodbye to my boys and husband before leaving for my parents house.

I will probably not update until Tuesday evening...I am staying the night at hospital and never get online on my phone.

Thanks for the comment glad I'm not the only one feeling that way but I wish you were feeling better! But it's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way!
I just hope that I get some of my energy back bc I'm exhausted as well! The step throat on top of this has really taken every ounce of energy I have.
Hope you have taken a turn and things are looking up for you!! We will both be ok in time but wow this road seems longer than need be... Lol
Thinking of you and sending prayers that all was successful and that you are with your family and recovering!
I have been thinking about you like crazy newmom!! Hope all is well!

Well, I thought I was a tough bird. After all, I...

Well, I thought I was a tough bird. After all, I have had 2 c-sections, breast aug (14 yrs ago) and bunion surgery on both of my feet at the same time...my feet were so jacked up they literally had to break both my feet...it was a 3 month recovery.
And much to my surprise, this recovery is kicking my ass!
I stayed the night in hospital after surgery and once cathedar was removed I was free to go as soon as I could pee on my own. That never happened..after several hours they put a cathedar in me and emptied my bladder. Finally a few hours later, I peed and was able to go home.

At home I puked standing up. I wasn't sure what to do, couldn't really knee down over the toilet bowl so I just stood in my bathroom vomititng. Great fun.

This stupid comp garment has made the entire thing so much worse and I am kicking myself daily for not just doing the tt and skipping out on the lipo of thighs. It is impossible to use the bathroom in this iron maiden. The first time I tried I managed to get urine everywhere. I am using a funnel which helps but forget about trying to poop in this thing so it is this huge ordeal of taking the damn thing off when I think I need to poop which has only been twice and not much and naturally, once I get the damn thing back on I suddenly feel like I need to crap again.

I have only done sponge baths b/c I have zero energy.

Hubs has been great but listening to him trying to juggle the kids on his own is half funny half irritating.

I move around like I am a 100 yrs old. I smell, I am bruised and overall feel like shit. If I could do this all over again, I would not...but I need to wait and see results and perhaps that will change my mind.

I am sorry for the negative feedback..in fact I have not updated b/c I haven't had anything good to say thus far. My garment is so uncomfortable that it is truely the only reason I need the valium and pain meds. I feel like I am going to explode I am so swollen. I haven't even bothered taking new pics yet but will do so next week after follow up appt with PS to see how things are going.

I read how so many others are feeling great after a few days, off the meds, have great post op pics and wonder why things just aren't unfolding like this for me?

Hoping to feel better when drains are removed and done taking the antibiotic.

Best wishes to all. :)

Newmom37...bless Ur heart getting Ur period. I planned my around surgery to I'm always right on time but if course I was 5 days late I was stressing out thinking I would have it at surgery but finished night before thank God. I am totally agreeing w/ you!!! I'd just deal w my Belly & b happy with it if I knew what I was going to have to go thru. I keep thinking what have I done to myself?? I know it'll get better w time.
newmom, I'm sooooo sorry you are having such a rough time!!!!! I want to mail you my CG yours sounds awful!!! As my swelling went down the CG got more bearable. I was worried about the indentations becasue when i took mine off they would still be there 2 hours later, but no lines remain at 5 weeks. Did they order the right size? The beginning is the worst!!! and the period is not helping your swelling i'm sure. If you remember my swelling was very intense and my dr had to rx a diuretic and then and only then did I get some relief. You might run that by your dr. I only did 3 days and I went from feeling like shit and hating life to being able to cope. The drain removal and a shower will help your spirits immensly too. I'm in a funk too so I can't really tell you yay!! you'll be so happy (even though I 'm sure when its all said and done we all will be) cause I just don't feel it either right now. I guess it helps to know there are others experiencing the same range of emotions too. I also am so frustrated that I'm not having the same experience as others in the way of healing and it is easy to read how much they are able to do and be so dissappointed that you're not feeling that too. Your not alone if that helps at all. Misery loves company right? Hopefully soon you will have a moment that you can see the fruits of your labor and be able to find a minute of happiness.
What is going on with you...your progress has seemed great. Have you had a set back or just not able to do things you thought you would be able to do by now?
THanks for your comments, they help. We will all get through this, guess just not as quickly as we had hoped. Hope you are having a good day. :)

As I have written, I did not have an easy recovery...

As I have written, I did not have an easy recovery. Not that I expected easy, it was just harder than I thought. Today I had a follow up and my AWESOME PS was able to remove both drains! The incision looks great, nice and low! I am extremely swollen and bruised, even she was surprised but said all is normal. Belly button looks good. Even though I am so swollen, the look of my preggo stomach is gone. I am holding off on pics just until some swelling goes down b/c they don't really represent my progress. I also took my first real shower today with the help of my dear husband and man oh man did it feel nice to wash the stink off! :)
PS said I had a nearly 4 inch muscle seperation. Sexy!

Newmom- congrats on the night out and fitting in the jeans that had to make you feel better, it takes time, you are still fresh out of surgery it will happen,one thing it is great to read other people's experiences but try not to judge or compare yourself, everyone heals differently, and you will be fine!!! I hope you have more moments that make you feel good about it-it is all time, and it is sooo hard!!!
The cg is a little more bearable. Follow up with PS went well but I am freakishly swollen and bruised all the way to my feet. My feet are literally black and blue.
It's so bizarre b/c I don't want to post pics yet b/c the results don't look good yet. I am kind of sad b/c you see so many pics of girls who look so flat right away, even though they are swollen and I don't look flat.
But the crazy thing is that my pre-op jeans fit tonight. Hubs and I went out for dinner and I thought just for the hell of it I would try on a pair of my jeans and they fit...so strange b/c my body is still so oddly shaped due to massive swelling on lower back and this pillowy tummy?? I am concerned that maybe my PS didnt pull my skin tight enough. I have freckles underneath my boobs that didn't move down..know what I mean. I have big boob and if I left them, underneath the few freckles are in the same spot..shouldn't they have been pulled down. I see my PS in a week and will ask her. But it was nice to get into my jeans. :)
Newmoma37... Congrats on gtn n Ur jeans. Wish I could. Did u have lip? Is that what Ur bruising from? About Ur skin.. I had a tiny mole removed under my boob at surgery so I expected thst spot to b n middle if stomach. Well it's not, it's stil under my boob but yet the stretch marks that were about my bb are so low and are now at top if my incision so that has puzzled me' ever since.

So I am 14 days PO. I am feeling a little better...

So I am 14 days PO. I am feeling a little better each day but thank God daily that my husband was able to get 3 weeks off b/c I can not imagine taking care of a 4 yr old and an 18 mo old yet!
I am not happy with pics yet. I am very swollen and feel jipped that I never got those initial flat pics right after surgery before going into swell hell...instead I got an express way ticket straight to swell hell...GRRR! The only lipo I had was to flanks and minimal on inner/outer thighs b/c I was so scared of sagging skin...amazed at the bruising, even my feet are black and blue.
Even though I think my pics suck right now, I thought it was the right thing to do to post them...I hope it helps others see we all heal at different speeds and hopefully I will have amazing pics in a couple of months to give others hope! Cheers to all! :)

hun how is your bruising is it getting better? Are you taking arnica and bromelain????
Took it for a week, didn't seem to make much difference. At this point, it is slowly fading and looks worse than it feels. I never had any problems or discomfort with my drains either. The only parts that have been so hard has been the extreme swelling, getting my period the day after surgery (even though I am like clockwork and shouldn't have gotten it for almost 3 weeks post op), and my iron maiden (cg) that is extremely uncomfortable. So all is well, one day at a time. :)
You look wonderful!!!

Well, I had my 3 week PO appt yesterday (yep, on a...

Well, I had my 3 week PO appt yesterday (yep, on a Saturday...my PS works 6 days a week, didn't get out of her office until 5:15 and she had 3 more peeps to see)
I had been having a really bad day yesterday, broke down in tears in her office. My last visit with her was 10 days ago and I did not feel any better, maybe even worse, swelling had not susbsided at all and might even be worse, bruising is just a tad lighter than in my 2 week PO pics. What am I doing wrong. Nothing she says. She says she is NOT alarmed but will say that I am her most swollen, most bruised patient she has ever had after a tt with minimal lipo. I feel special.
I did feel much better after seeing her just to know nothing is wrong, hard as a rock section on lower back is fine and I can begin to massage. She removed net like tape from surgery and cleaned with hydogen peroxide and replaced with paper tape. Did not hurt. She belly button looks fine. Have some hard lumps on thighs, wondered if they were hemotomas, nope..just normal lumps after lipo, should go away within 6 months.

I am walking almost completely straight, so I've got that going for me, which is nice! ;)

Same restrictions b/c of my sensitive system, only been released for walking to get things moving but she warned me I will swell but it will help in the long run.

Not going to post new pics until 1 month mark, hopefully there will be some change.

Happy Healing to all. :)

oh Newmom you have had a rough time, I hope I can get it together sooner but his was hard! I am still sleeping most of the day and the thought of even doing anything is tiresome! Ughgh I guess we just rest and wait it out
I can't believe that at 5 1/2 weeks PO it's so far behind me. Those first couple of weeks were the hardest. I am so sorry you're having so many problems!
Well at least the bruising is healing for you! My left thigh is numb and I didnt have lipo there and my belly is totally numb I cant feel a thing, I have all burning pain more than anything, It hurts so bad when I have to pee and all this gas in me, ughghg

Well I am just as swollen as I have always been,...

Well I am just as swollen as I have always been, possibly even more. I am 127 lbs right now and my size large comp garment is skin tight. I called my PS b/c I was very concerned about my swelling. I didn't have another appt until 2 weeks from now and just couldn't wait that long...wasn't sure what was going on. She was kind enough to squeeze me in today. She assures me everything is fine and I am just someone who swelled a lot. I am so afraid these will be my final results. While I certainly look better, I still have quite a pooch (from the side view) and she says I will get smaller but I shouldn't expect to be flat as a board. This bummed me out as I thought I would be a lot flatter based on our initial consultations. She tells me to be patient and do some mild walking outdoors..the weather here in AZ is great right now and then she tells me....

Get off the realself site for 2 weeks and she was stern about it! :) She said I am comparing myself to others too much and we all heal differently and she thinks right now it is negative for me. I love this site but agreed to do so.

This will be my last post for 2 weeks here as well as under the Feb tt's. My PS wants me to spend time reading books I havent had time for etc and thinking more positive thoughts and I think she is right. Because my recovery has been slower than others, with a lot more swelling I have to agree that I am being overly critical of myself, my healing process, etc and it isn't doing me any good.

Don't get me wrong, it has nothing to do with this site and this has been a wonderful thing for me...it is my approach that is not good for me right now...just spending too much time here, when I look at others progress, while I am extremely happy for them, I am bummed it isn't unfolding that way for me.

And I have complained a lot to hubs about never having time to read book b/c the kids keep me so busy so now is a good time to get off line and open a book!

She also switched my comp garment to a regular tt one instead of the iron maiden one that goes down to knees. Hopefully this will help with my comformt level.

I want all my tt/cyber friends to know that I will continue to think of you, pray for you and hope nothing but speedy recoveries and flat bellies for all...just going to step away for awhile. Love you gals!! :)

New mom
I know how you feel/felt with the comparisons. It will kill you;-). You will get better, it will be worth it, and this patience thing SUCKS! I didn't have the swelling you did but my MR had to be much worse than everything I was reading because EVERYONE was able to do so much more than I was able to. Taking a break from this site was just what I needed. I think it's like looking at fashion magazines when you can't wear anything....all you see is your negatives and what you can't have versus focusing on how far you have come and what you do have. I just NOW can run at 10 weeks! That is soooooooooooo much longer than everyone else BUT I am now seeing good results both physically and what I'm able to do in the gym. I'm so glad I stepped back and didn't push myself and body harder than I could (I REALLY thought about saying fuck it and just running despite feeling bad...so glad I didn't). Oh....I just bought a new pair of jeans AND didn't wince in the mirror....only at the price tag;-). It will happen! Just allow yourself time and do not compare (if you figure out how to do this IM me I need a lesson;-).
Hun I know it is hard but I hope that you are taking pics for yourself at least weekly honestly looking back it gives you hope when you see small improvements! It will get better, today is the very first day I feel even somewhat normal and it is day 12, I am pissed it was so hard but I have to accept it, I am swollen still have a drain, but I must tell myself it will get better you may not see your totally new self for a year! It could take that long for everything to settle, listen to your hubs, I can see in the pic how good things are looking, we will get there hun! It is a long journey this is not instant gratification surgery it is a long hard drawn out slow process but it will be worth it!
Thanks ladies for all the kind words and encourgement. I only made it one week...agreed to 2 weeks off the site with my PS but today I decided to compromise and settle with one week! ;)

Anyhow, trying to embrace the more important things in life and just let things unfold as they do...some great advice from yogamomX5.

I am 6 weeks on Tuesday and have a follow up appt...

I am 6 weeks on Tuesday and have a follow up appt with my PS so we wll see what she has to say. Funny thing is that I thought my 2 weeks pics were bad and at this point, I would be thrilled for those pics again. My stomach has gotten larger instead of smaller. Maybe more swelling, I don't know. What I do know is other people's pics tend to get better with each post as the swelling goes down. I literall look 2 months pregnant instead of 5 months...not the results I was led to believe. I will post a pic after seeing my doc on Tues.

I have changed my worth it status until I see final results.

Newmom- you look so good in your pics that are posted I am sure you are swollen, Lord knows you cannot compare yourself to people on here, I am struggling really bad with my recovery, and I get mad and sad about it but everyday it is getting a tiny bit better everyday I can do more or it hurts less is progress even if slow! Post some new pics and I am sure we are all going to think you look great, your doc will be able to tell you if it is swelling or something of concern and I think mnetally going to the doc helps, I go to day and I am ready for answers I have a sheet of questions a mile long! I feel for you cause I know how you feel, it has been a hard road for me!
Honestly,
Yiu look good mami.
Maria
Thanks, I know you are right. I have my 6 week PO appt on Tues and will take new pics which I will post, hoping to get honest feedback from you gals to see if you would be concerned if you still had the round pooch at 6 weeks. I will then probably take a break from the site again. It is what it is.

I am now in the middle of gastro appts and...

I am now in the middle of gastro appts and scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound and x-rays to see if something is amiss. The gastro I saw agreed my stomach is distended and suggested a 6 week course on Diflucan to kill a possible overgrowth of yeast in the gut. He said this is more common than people know and he has has good results when he has Rxed this treatment to patients.
Even my own PS has stated my results are not good. While it is an improvement, she has no clue why my stomach still pouches out so much. I am very disappointed as I was told I was a great candidate for the surgery. I am also disappointed in the aftercare. I admit, if I were happy with results, I would think my doc was awesome, b/c she is there for the standard aftercare BUT when something has turned out poorly, I do not feel any effort on her part to get to the bottom of what went wrong. She doesn't even have an ultrasound machine in her office so I have to go elsewhere and pay for the exam. I think PS make enough money that they should have one in house. Just my opinion on that. Her receptionist, more like gatekeeper has made me feel a little high maintainance and it is difficult to get her to schedule any extra appts. I feel like a paid a shit load of money so if I want to be seen, I should be. Not talking about trying to see her all the time, I came in ONE time in addition to the standard follow ups and it was like pulling teeth to get her to schedule the appt. My belly button is also very poorly done, but really, it is the least of my problems so I don't know if I will even bother with asking her to do a revision later.
So right now I am in limbo with the gastro appt's. I may even see another PS for a second opinion on my stomach. It is a shame I have to seek another PS because mine really hasn't taken the time to discuss the matter. Just said she agress that it isn't a good result and suggested I try a gluten free diet, ah, whatever.
I will say that my incision is nice but I would rather have a flat stomach and a jacked up incision vs a nice incision and a huge pouch! :(

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

The system is not letting me correct my doc rating...

The system is not letting me correct my doc rating. Trying to leave 4 stars overall. Bedside manner is great. Wanted to change after care to 3 stars.

I am so sorry that your are not apply with your results and are still so swollen. I also didn't see any flatness in the morning. Kept waiting for it but it didnt happen till I was past my 8 weeks and it scared me to thinking that might be my final results but then the AM flatness did make an appearance ( better then the evening but not what I as hoping to see but each day does bring a slight improvement with it) try to hold on and have faith and you will see that flat bully soon hopefully. In your pics you do look great, big Improvement. Praying for you that everyday gets a little easier and your swelling goes down.
Thanks for the kind words Suzy4. I just read your blog and see that you aren't totally happy either. I hope you continue to see improvement. I liked your list of pros and cons. I have the same thoughts, I did NOT have any big problems, had/have a lot of family support, etc. My only con is my side view b/c I am not flat so I still have the same problem of clothes not fitting right. I hate shopping b/c this surgery did not fix that problem, yes it was an improvement but I need a size 8 Petite ( I am short) just to accomodate my belly but pants look terrible b/c the rest of my body needs a size 4 so the pants are all baggy in the but and legs. GRRR! I was not expecting pergect either but I honestly went from looking 5 months pregnant to looking 2 months pregnant. My AM flatness only lasts for about 20 minutes and I start pouching out, by the end of the night I have a huge pot belly. :(
But you have a great attitude and reading your story has helped me. I need to see what I can do at the gym, wait one full year and reevaluate. I don't think I can bear the idea of a revision but we will see how my stomach looks in a year. Thanks again. :)
Hi newmom, I really hope your feeling better soon. Thank you for posting your story. It is important for everyone to know that there are two sides to every ps story. My surgery is exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow and to say thatI'm nervous puts it lightly. Thank you for your honestly and I pray that your recovery improves. God bless.

I wanted to clarify that my disappointment is not...

I wanted to clarify that my disappointment is not a matter of me being unwilling to ride out the swelling. My own PS has said my abdominal distention is NOT due to swelling. While I do look better, I am still severely disproportioned. I need a size 8 to fit my stomach and a size 4 for my lower body so pants look terrible on me.

I just completed abdominal x-rays and an ultrasound as ordered by my gastro and am waiting to see if there is a GI problem.

I will post updated pics soon.

I read your review and I went through a lot of the pre op ups n. Downs as you did. I'm so sorry about the stress of all the swelling or lack of perfection by your doc!!! I would love to see your pics now! I am 7 months out and sometimes I feel like it's still so new. Because of the swelling and tightness. So I'm curious to hear if it's all finally normal for you. !
Hi there, just saw your review and hope all turned out ok. Would be nice to get an update from you. I'm almost 1 month post op and I love RS because of all the real profiles on here.
Would love to know how you are feeling now after so much time has passed - are things better?
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

She is VERY nice and is a top ranked PS but the aftercare has been a little lagging with my poor results. I don't feel any attempt has been made to help me figure out why my results are poor. She said herself my distended stomach is NOT due to swelling and she herself is baffled but I have felt rushed out during the last two follow up appts ( I waited for over an hour to see her) and she said nothing more than try a gluten free diet. I did have a 4 inch muscle seperation but she gave me every indication that I could expect flat results b/c I did not have a lot of abdominal fat. I have lost 8 lbs and still have a very large buldge. I have the same problem of clothes not fitting well. I need a size 8 to fit my belly but I size 4 for my legs and butt so pants look awful on me so while my disproportions are improved, they are still severe so it is difficult for me to say this was worth it. It was a lot of money, a long healing process and when your own PS tells you the problem isn't swelling, it is hard to be hopeful that I will get any flatter. I have no way of knowing if another doc would have done a better job or I am just one of the few unlucky ones who has a body that didn't respond well.