Great Result! - Scottsdale, AZ

I had breast implants, and was less nervous...

I had breast implants, and was less nervous getting that done than getting Restalyne injections in my tear trough areas. I've been researching this procedure for almost 5 years, and knew of the complications that can arise. Having said that, I knew there is a wide variance of results that can be achieved, and just was hoping for the best. I was terrified. I got lucky, AND had a experienced practitioner,as I got my injections done yesterday, and was out and about today. Stopped by my mom's work, and she was amazed. She's my most honest critic, so that says something!

Dr. S did a fantastic job, and I had ZERO bruising, and just swelled the first day. I had been taking arnica for 10 days. He used one vial of Restalyne, and my hollows are gone. I had slightly more swelling on my right side due to more injections needed, but it was not noticable. I couldn't be more thrilled. I look 100 times better.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Since I'last posted this, I thought I'd...

Since I'last posted this, I thought I'd let give an update - It's been 5 days, and things have settled in more...It does seem I can tell one side has more "plump" to it than the other (the side he spent more time and did more injections). The other side does have a slight depression, but from what I've been reading, this filler can often be massaged and smoothed out somewhat. Either way, I think it's far better than the huge indentations I had before that made me look sooo tired!

I'm getting this done in Aug and have been researching! You have my eyes in your before pictures! Its not terrible but I look tired in pics! I can't wait now! Fingers crossed I come out looking as good as you!!
Taylorsmommy, thanks for sharing with your experience about Restylane. BTW,you looked gorgeous before this procedure too! I'd say, I see the difference on your pics before and after, but anyway. About the same time you did your Restylane, I did Juvederm @Arizona Skin & Laser (Paradise Valley)for the same price you paid, but for the "parentheses lines". I haven't had any bruses or bumps or swelling after that. And the place is not a SPA. I moved to Scottsdale about a year from Boston, MA and the price level here is slightly different, but the quality is at the same level. So, it doesn't have to be NY or LA or Boston, it just depends how honest your doctor and his/her experience.
Was that for one syringe for both sides (parentheses) or two syringes? Thanks for the info, I am thinking of getting the procedure done there.

It's been about five months since my procedure,...

It's been about five months since my procedure, and wanted to update: I love it! I have noticed some subtle loss of volume, but nothing substantial. I could do a slight touch up in the area, but could also wait a bit longer...Either way, it makes a world of difference done properly, by someone EXPERIENCED with fillers in the tear trough area. I also wonder if there is another "softer" product that is used in this thin area that is less likely to give the initial bumps that Restalyne gave me. These bumps weren't there initially, and I noticed them about a week after the procedure, and they were VERY subtle. Sort of reminded me of irritation I got from using eye creams that I was allergic to. Then, these areas were soft and gone in another week or so. Has looked great!

Im getting it done Friday, so excited! Would love to hear updates from the last few posters who said they were getting it done.

I am having this procedure Monday, Dec. 12,2011. I would live to share my story and photos before and after. Could someone tell me how to upload photos on this site?

Hi Lymn,

How'd everything go today?

-Britt

Hi Everyone, Love the filler in the tear troughs,...

Hi Everyone,
Love the filler in the tear troughs, and think it's time to visit the Dr once again. It didn't last as long as I'd hoped, but I know everyone metabolizes these products differently. All in all, I was more than happy with the result, and it's lasted about 7 months!

So the drs in Houston not Scottsdale?
I can't post the link, so try googling Houston Skincare Dr. Tricia Brown. I have since moved on to sculptra. She will do this under the eyes. The results are the same, and I'm told last longer! =) It's initially more expensive, but the longevity of the results makes up for it. Very happy with this doctor!
Why can't I find this drs website

Update...tear troughs

Ok - it's been over two years...about a year and a half ago, I did get a light touch-up, which has lasted wonderfully. I'm sort of uneven a bit, just because it's been a while - hardly noticible, but it is just a reminder the "end is near", so to speak... The doctor who perfomed this tricky procedure, retired this year, and I'm sort of in a panic! I don't trust just anyone with anything involving my eyes, so just have been putting off the research. Anyone in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area know of a doctor (Board Certified), who has done this alot?

Thanks for the recent update, it is soooo helpful to our Community Members who want to know how long Restylane lasts.  You can always check out our Find A Doctor feature to find doctors who perform injectables in your area, and read reviews from other Community Members.  I hope you find a new doctor that you like and trust.

I can't see ANY photos here - just the comments?
Dr. Nicholas Soldo

Dr. specializes in fillers. He does not do other "surgical" cosmetic procedures. Many, many years of experience.