50 Year Old, Mother of Two, Needed Tummy Help! Scottsdale, AZ

I met with Dr. Remus Repta for a consult regarding...

I met with Dr. Remus Repta for a consult regarding my unhappiness with the appearance of my stomach. I had smart lipo on my stomach a little over a year prior. Unfortunately, that left my stomach full of scar tissue which looked very bumpy and uneven! I also had loose skin, that would show especially when I leaned forward. Being 50, I also had slight drooping of the skin above my belly button. I work out regularly and had a very strong core, but couldn't get the firm stomach I desired.
Dr. Repta listened to all of my concerns and after examining me recommended a full tummy tuck. I was very hesitant, fearing another procedure after my recent procedure leaving me looking worse than before. He reassured me that he would take good care of me and give me the smooth tummy I had been trying to achieve.
I was very nervous about the procedure, the recovery and the scar. Well, it's now been 8 weeks and I'm extremely pleased with Dr. Repta's work and care along the way! I have no regrets about choosing a tummy tuck and I'm very happy I found such a caring and meticulous surgeon. I will summarize my experience with Dr, Repta.
Scheduling: I worked with Brooke for all my pre-op paperwork and scheduling. She was professional and prompt!
Surgery Day: The surgery center staff was super comforting and caring. Everything was timely and smooth. Dr. Repta explained everything again and answered all of my questions. The procedure was about 4 hours long and I went home feeling no pain.
Week 1: Dr. Repta gave me Exparel, which is a slow release pain reliever injected right in the surgery site before it is closed up. I'm assuming that is the reason I felt very little discomfort following the tummy tuck procedure. I can honestly say the only pain I had was when I vomited following anesthesia, when I sneezed and when I coughed. Other than those times, I felt very tight but no pain. I was unable to stand upright for a couple of weeks and that does make your lower back sore from bending over. You might consider using a walker to take some pressure off of your lower back muscles. I slept in a recliner for three weeks, to maintain the bend at my hips. I have very little bruising (literally one small spot) and virtually no swelling. I'm amazed, considering the amount of scar tissue cut out, the flank lipo and the stretching of my skin that comes with a full tummy tuck.
Week 2: My drain was removed on day 9. I was afraid it would hurt, but didn't feel a thing! On day 12, I started having Embrace applied. This is a scar treatment "tape" applied by the Dr office once a week for about 8 weeks. It is an extra cost but I've found it made a huge difference in my scar healing.
Week 3: I returned to work and am able to stand much more upright!
Week 4: I started sleeping flat, back in my bed. Still wearing my binder non stop.
Week 5-6: Most days, I feel perfectly fine! Some tightness after sitting for awhile but haven't had any real discomfort since the first few days. I had my annual gyn visit. She was amazed at how fabulous my tummy and scar look. She stated mine was the best looking tummy tuck scar she's ever seen. She could hardly believe she was looking at me only 5 weeks post surgery.
Week 7-8; (today is my 8 week mark) I was cleared to restart my exercise routines. I'm not able to do abdominal work, but I've been comfortable doing my other yoga, weight training etc. I rarely feel any tightness anymore. I'm fully upright now without even thinking about it. I still sleep in my binder and wear Spanx type panties everyday. Just had my 6th application of Embrace scar treatment today.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Remus Repta if you are considering a tummy tuck! He is a very caring, thorough, skilled surgeon who takes pride in his work.

Photo journey

My photos did not appear, so here they are.

Week 9 update

Well, today is weeks since Dr Repta fixed my lumpy stomach and saggy skin. We decided the six weeks of Embrace was enough to smooth and thin out my scar. (The company recommends eight weeks, but at $100 each, I'm satisfied with the smoothness of it.). The color will fade in time and I am super excited to see my final result!

Six months post op

Well, it's been exactly six months since my full TT with Dr. Repta. I feel great and have been fully exercising for several months now. My core strength is almost back to normal now. I feel like I still have some swelling/puffiness right in the front center along the incision. I will call the Dr. Soon for a follow up to see if what I'm feeling is truly swelling that is hanging on or if it's just my result.

My incision is still very smooth/flat. When I run my fingers across it, I cannot even feel where it is. I feel like it's starting to fade somewhat too.

No regrets!
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

Excellent experience from pre-op to today (8 week mark). Couldn't be happier with ease of recovery, quality of his work and healing of my scar.