Nose Job Recovery - Not a single pain pill - Scottsdale, AZ

For as nervous as I was to go through with this.....

For as nervous as I was to go through with this...I can't even believe the recovery is going so smooth!

I haven't taken a single pain pill yet!!!

I will say that I have more swelling today and may be slightly bruising, but, NOTHING compared to what I thought I would be experiencing!

I'm getting a little ancy and have my mom helping out with the mess of laundry I've left in my bedroom. Both my mom and husband have been my "post procedure helpers"...I am getting bored not doing much...

I will post some pics soon from right after surgery to today and then again WED after I get home from getting my split changed out.

Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can help you out with in "calming" your nerves!!! My experience has been incredible!

Hey, I have also had a rhinoplasty a few years ago and have to say that i did not expect the recovery to go so well. Wish you all the best, and remember you have a long while before you see the outcome, Hope all goes well
I've decided that having a tooth pulled was worse than this!!!
When you woke up were you really dizzy or scared!? I'm soo nervous that I'm gonna have a panick attack when I wake up. What does the uncomfortable/pain feeling like directly when u wake up?

Day 5 - Post Surgery - Stitches Out Can you say...

Day 5 - Post Surgery - Stitches Out
Can you say OUCH? Getting my stitches out and my nostrils cleaned out has been the most painful part of this whole process so far...I am just excited I was cleared for a glass of wine on Thanksgiving!

I get my cast off next WEDNESDAY!!! Let the countdown begin!

Oh, wow. It looks like it's going to be really cute. I can't wait to see when you get the cast off. Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Still feeling stronger...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Still feeling stronger every day...a little dizzy from the cast still on my nose...I think it must be throwing off my line of vision!

Had to run to the store for my family who is cooking this morning...it was good to go "solo" on an errand!! I did it!

The check out guy couldn't believe how "good" I looked! He was shocked I didn't have any bruising...just still a little swelling!

Hope you are all doing well!
(sorry its 'fear' and not ear, in my note!!) a wrong typing
Hello Heidi! Nice to have this site from you it give encouragement for others! I will have it done next Wednesday the 28th and just i'm in ear if i can breathe properly after the surgery.Have you experienced any difficulty since the surgery? They say they narrow the nostrils and sometimes issue to get air and have do corrective post operation...by the way you look amazing i can't wait to see you without the cast! thank you for your time, looking forward to keep in touch with you! kindly, Mary
Hi Mary and Happy Black Friday!! My nostrils are VERY skinny! I was able to still breath a "little" out of my left nostril right away after surgery, then, when I got my stitches out WED, I was able to breath through both of the already. I will say that I can tell I'm still swollen and stuffy "inside" my nose and will say that there are some parts of the day when I can breath more than others! Make sure you have some great lip balm because you will for sure be doing more mouth breathing than normal!!! Less than a week for your surgery!!! YIPEEEE!!! I can only imagine how excited you must be! Let the countdown begin!!! Let me know if you have any other questions!!! I'm always happy to respond...I think this site is great!

Washing your hair after surgery - Best way is to...

Washing your hair after surgery - Best way is to set on a step stool with a couple pillows underneath you in front of your kitchen sink...make sure you have some "press n seal" wrap on your nose and covering your forehead...a couple layers. I like to tape mine down to my forehead to!

Make sure the person washing your hair is very careful not to hit your nose...I have a super aware husband and he even accidentally "grazed" my nose a couple times.

I like washing it in the kitchen sink a lot better than trying some unique ways to get it done in the shower...much easier!!!
Hi there - You seem to be healing really well!! I am looking forward to seeing your pics after the cast comes off! I just booked my rhinoplasty for 12/28 and am SO NERVOUS! Did the dr have to break any bones during the rhinoplasty? I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old who are super active & used to getting kisses all day long from me. If it were you, could you imagine being able to take care of little ones or am I crazy to think I can resume regular mom activities 3 days post op? Also, I live in a dry climate as well (CO) and am curious what helped you during the days you could only breathe through your mouth (I'm planning on sleeping with a humidifier & drinking as much fluids as possible!) Any advice you can give would be welcomed!!! Happy healing to you!
How was the actual surgery? I am doing mine in office with no painkillers - just anti-inflammatories. Were you aware during the procedure? Do your comments also apply to the procedure re: pain free?
Wow. I've never heard of that. I was completely under for mine in an outpatient facility. I don't remember a thing, thus, pain free! Good luck.

Changing my Status to "Unsure" I feel as if my...

Changing my Status to "Unsure"

I feel as if my nose is bigger now than before and definitely wider on the bridge...I feel like an Avatar!!!

I hope the swelling goes down and down and down and down.

Posting a pic from day of Cast Removal and then Day 13 Post Surgery and Day 15 Post Surgery.

Wish me luck because I can barely stomach the fact I spent over 8k on something I can't stomach looking at!!!
And also...I went back to work on Day 13 and was SO TIRED the next day...I stayed home again.

MY ADVICE: DO NOT GO BACK TO WORK FOR 2 WEEKS - - - GET THE REST!!!
I know you know this but do try to remember the largeness is swelling. The suggestions are: keep sleeping elevated for a few weeks, tape your nose when you are home and at night, drink plenty of water and avoid sodium and alcohol. What things are you trying? Hope you see big improvements soon. Oh, and you look gorgeous! :)
I am trying to be patient with the swelling! My PS didn't mention taping, but, I'm up for anything!!! Especially with guests from 3 states coming for the holidays!!! Any instructions on taping would be great!!! The only things I've tried are avoiding alcohol and sleeping almost sitting straight up still...even at 3 weeks. I'm suppose to tape my cast on my nose nightly for about another week, but, am growing very tired of that...I wonder if it would be better to tape it down instead when I sleep! Please let me know!! And thanks for the comment...just taking longer than I thought it ever would!! :-) TGIF!!
I hope this works for you. My PS was adamant about continuing to tape. There is a good clip on YouTube who shows clearly how to do it, search "How to tape nose after rhinoplasty". All the best!

ONE MONTH POST SURGERY! WOW...what a difference...

ONE MONTH POST SURGERY!

WOW...what a difference a month makes! I am exercising again and feeling SO much happier and better about myself. My swelling goes down more and more every day! I'm starting to appreciate my new nose! Everyone at work is also commenting how much better it is looking...FINALLY! I guess the key would be not "revealing" your new self until you are ready. IF ONLY I COULD'VE TAKEN A WHOLE MONTH OFF WORK!!! HA!! It would've saved me some grief. I will wait again another month to post pics, but, I guess I wanted to apologize for being so nervous and negative at first...It's going to take time and will only get better and better!! Good luck to everyone!!! xoxo Happy Holidays!!! Heidi :-)
Congrats, thanks for sharing- especially the bits where you feel unsure of how you thought it was turning out, reassuring to know to give it some time. The photos looked lovely!
Looks good! :)
It looks great!! So happy for you!