I Know It Won't Last Forever..but How Long Does It REALLY Last? - Scottsdale, AZ

I have been using Juvederm and Perlane for various...

I have been using Juvederm and Perlane for various areas for the past few years. I heard the Radiesse lasts much longer (supposedly a year?) bc it is a different kind of filler so I am wanting to try in in a few spots - nasolabial area, upper cheek bones, and possibly in an area of my chin that is asymmetrical due to an old injury from blunt force trauma. The tip of my nose would be great too but not sure if the provider does that area. I was told that bruising is more common with this filler but we will see. I typically only bruise in the lip area as it is so sensitive so hopefully won't have any issues.

So I chickened out and the timing was conflicting...

So I chickened out and the timing was conflicting with work anyways so I cancelled. I did however get a chance to talk to my facial plastic surgeon about it and have an appt to have him do it. He told me a little more about it so I am more at ease getting a long term filler (and one that is a different kind than I've ever had). He says it works well when it is injected near bone bc of what it is composed of (calcium based microspheres) which is good since my areas desired to treat are my cheekbones and chin.

I originally was going to go somewhere else bc I didn't want to bother my surgeon with my filler appts all the time when he is busy reconstructing and surgically beautifying people's faces (he's a few wks booked out!). But I am relieved that I asked him about it bc I was really nervous about injecting something new into my face and I always feel confident in the work he does since he is a specialist.

Still plan on trying in the future

I have recently gotten a little bit of restylane in my nasal fold area, but it doesn't seem like its enough so after it fades out a little the Radiesse will likely be my next filler in this area (plus still want to use it to even out chin).
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

I meant to say I advise AGAINST this filler. I've also heard that massage could break up the scar tissue left by Radiesse, has anyone tried this?
I second Arman.Kayeh. I had two rounds of Radiesse injected into my cheeks a over the course of a year (about a syringe and a half). I feel like my face is over corrected since the Radiesse dissolved. Not too much, but I notice it evertime I look in the mirror. Looking back at pictures of myself, I never really needed any to begin with. Just my OCD manifesting in tiny "flaws" in my face. I would advise getting this filler. If you still want to get something done, I suppose I would go with Juvederm since it is reversible. For everyone out there, do you know how long it will take the scar tissue from Radiesse to go away? Ever?
Hi Scottsdale1247, I know your not going to like this advice, and probably won't listen, but i just found your post and had to comment. I highly recommend you do not get started with Radiesse or any semi permanent fillers. Here is why: 1. you look very close to perfect already and honestly, you are just focusing on tiny tiny flaws that NO ONE else see's. 2. Radiesse Ruins the internal quality and structure of your skin, leaving irregularites and scar tissue. I know this as a fact because I see them in my own face from having used Radiesse off and on for about 4 years now. (i'm only 34 and started out very fresh faced just like you). and also because I go to a very trust worthy and skilled doctor in OC california now (not for radiesse), who specializes in the aging face using fillers and does many face lifts on patients in their 50's and up, he told me that whenever he does a face lift on anyone whose had radiesse he can see lots of damage, scar tissue, and irregularities in their skin tissue and can always tell they've had radiesse. He told me he never uses it in his practice, and I will never have it again. To be honeset, your lucky you didn't have it yet, and I think you don't need anything at all. If you do anything, stick with Hyaluronics very sparingly as you age, you don't need them now. Anyway good luck to you and everyone here.
Which filler did you get in your nasolabial lines? Did he inject it right into the line or did he do it in the cheek to "lift" the line. I have a very light crease on one side of my mouth that I can only see in certain lighting and mostly when I talk. I'm considering getting filler in that area but not sure just yet. I'll look at celebrities like Eva Longoria , J Lo or Sofia Vergara who have similar cheekbones and smiles to mine yet they don't have any smile lines. Kate Beckingsale doesn't either and I wish I knew if they've had filler put into those smile line areas.

I have had restalyne for a few years.. along with botox and dysport... but next wek im going to try radisse and boltero.. im excited to see if the results are better..

No.. my dermatologist recommended I use perlane. .
Did you ever get radiesse injection
Unfortunately not yet. My doctor that I went to is unavailable and so I have to find a doctor that I trust like him. I hope to find one soon..I am overdue for a few of my maintenance routines:(
Did you ever end up getting filler in the tip of your nose? I have a more of a bulbous nose, and I've always been curious about this. I wonder if filler could give me a more defined tip without being too obvious..? You are gorgeous, btw :)
I have gotten a tiny bit in the tip but it is a hard place to try to fill (and painful).  I do like it but find that getting just the bridge filled is usually sufficient enough to make a difference in my profile.  I have been contemplating a little nose work in the future along with some other subtle enhancements to get my features a little more symmetric. That's actually one of the reasons for holding off on the radiesse (in case I get a little chin implant instead to even it out).

i've been exploring the options such as radiesse; also, i've heard of gortex implants, which last forever, unless you have them taken out.. anybody know anything about that?

No but I would be worried how they feel (hard?)/  Try looking into fat transfer, I had it in my undereyes and love it. and how big is the incision for those gotex? bc I know when you get a filled implant like silicone breast implants put in, the incision must accommodate that size and is a bigger scar.
Gortex implant? That must be New right. I've only heard of silicone and EPYFE implants (which are silicone but covered with something).
Your are right about everything you said. Any procedure needs to be seriously thought about before you do it and you are smart to research your options. I had Radiesse done to camaflouge under eye bags because I didn't want surgery and the bags made me look much older than I am. I could feel lumps where it was injected, but you could not see them and I was satisfied with the results. Also, it only lasts for about a year, so my Radiesse and my lumps are completely gone because it has been almost a year. I hope you find something that works for you...but like you said, everyone is different and we do take a chance every time we choose a procedure. Good luck to you!

Only a year?  Thought it was up to 2.  Seems like all of these fillers are advertised so much longer than reality.
Yes, my doctor said it lasts about a year. Apparently it can cause your skin to create its own collagen too. My cheeks still seem a tad fuller than they used to be...although it could be from the 7-10lbs I've gained that I can't seem to lose!! LOL!!

year is still good compared to Juve and Perlane but read up to 2 years.  Btw, after I lost 20 lbs, my face looked much different, u really do lose a lot of fat in your face too, in my cheeks, and noticed in the hollows of my eyes, thats when I knew I wanted to look into blephs.  I finally got a resched appt that coincides w my work schedule so will be getting it on Tues!

Oh my gosh, you're going for it?! I feel excited & nervous like its my own appointment, haha! Please, please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are done!

ok, so the procrastinator in me has been waiting to do it bc I am unsure about having  this kind of filler that can harden bc of the calcium-whatever that it is made of.  I have an appt in 2 wks and will either do it or just stick with my "go-to filler" (Perlane) ...
Hi! So you recommend Radiesse? Have you seen all the bad reviews here? I've seen a lot of bad reviews here and Dont know if I should try it. Its scary to me . And Radiesse really goes after a year? I've heard it doesnt dissolve . How does it go away then? A person here said that Its been 1.5 years and se still has side efectos --swollen face and bruises. Maybe they administered wrongly?
Hi is Perlane like Restylane? And do they have the same results as Radiesse? Im a little scared to use Radiesse.
I want it for my cheekbones and chin. I want more chin. Since Im a guy.:)
Perlane is the same company as Restylane, Perlane is better for deeper lines, it has thicker particles (has more hyaluronic acid).  Radiesse is made of calcium-based microspheres and stimulates your own collagen to grow.  Supposedly it lasts about a year or more so it is more like a semi permanent filler.  I have heard it is best injected by bone (so not good for lips!).  If you dont like a filler that is a hyaluronic, you can get injections to reverse it but not so w the Radiesse.  If you are new to fillers, usually Juvederm or Restylane would be a good  beginner filler.  The Juve is very smooth and gives me less results as it settles after a few wks. I too want to do it in my chin to balance out some asymmetry.  That would be a good area to do it.
This is a forum about Cosmetic Surgery.No need to be defensive. It is nice when people want to be their best and take care of themselves. I have had cosmetic surgery due to a facial reconstruction and medical necessity. I do not judge, but am advising people to really appreciate what they have. We are all our own worst critics. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for what they did to their face by choice and then wish that they just left well enough alone. Doctors don't give refunds. To the average person or untrained eye I look normal, but I too am now certainly considering more procedures. One procedure can lead to another. Do we want to be like the cat plastic surgery woman?? NO! I heard that Radiase can cause lumps under the skin especially in the eye area. Do I really want to take this chance??? Not really!! I just want to look like my former self. Maybe that will never happen and I have to accept the new me and just say that I was lucky to have 30 years of being pretty. Also, please keep in mind that one person can never tell how they will react to surgery. It took me 8 months to look normal because my swelling was so severe. My right eye was swollen open and looked like guts were growing out of it. The lining of the eye became inflamed. That little corner in your eye can swell up to the size of a pencil eraser. I was scared to lose my vision. Not everyone is as sensitive as me and I did have a top doctor, but one never knows what their reaction might be.

I think all fillers have the risk of lumps especially in the undereye area due to the thin skin there, I have been told that Radiesse is best when it is injected in an area near bone (example :cheekbones, chin) bc of the kind of filler it is.  It seems to me that I hear juvederm and restylane being used in that area a little more commonly than Radiesse.  Although Juve has the smooth consistency, many experience a blue-ish hue as an after result.  Do you have the option of getting fat transfer there?  That may be a good option to look into.