I Know It Won't Last Forever..but How Long Does It REALLY Last? - Scottsdale, AZ

I have been using Juvederm and Perlane for various...

I have been using Juvederm and Perlane for various areas for the past few years. I heard the Radiesse lasts much longer (supposedly a year?) bc it is a different kind of filler so I am wanting to try in in a few spots - nasolabial area, upper cheek bones, and possibly in an area of my chin that is asymmetrical due to an old injury from blunt force trauma. The tip of my nose would be great too but not sure if the provider does that area. I was told that bruising is more common with this filler but we will see. I typically only bruise in the lip area as it is so sensitive so hopefully won't have any issues.

So I chickened out and the timing was conflicting...

So I chickened out and the timing was conflicting with work anyways so I cancelled. I did however get a chance to talk to my facial plastic surgeon about it and have an appt to have him do it. He told me a little more about it so I am more at ease getting a long term filler (and one that is a different kind than I've ever had). He says it works well when it is injected near bone bc of what it is composed of (calcium based microspheres) which is good since my areas desired to treat are my cheekbones and chin.

I originally was going to go somewhere else bc I didn't want to bother my surgeon with my filler appts all the time when he is busy reconstructing and surgically beautifying people's faces (he's a few wks booked out!). But I am relieved that I asked him about it bc I was really nervous about injecting something new into my face and I always feel confident in the work he does since he is a specialist.

Still plan on trying in the future

I have recently gotten a little bit of restylane in my nasal fold area, but it doesn't seem like its enough so after it fades out a little the Radiesse will likely be my next filler in this area (plus still want to use it to even out chin).
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon