Here I Go! - Scottsdale, AZ

I am scheduled to have a "mommy makeover" (breast...

I am scheduled to have a "mommy makeover" (breast reduction/tummy tuck) on Wednesday December 5th. I have had large breasts for most of my life starting in 7th grade. It was always a problem for me. I have spent most of my adult life ignoring men staring at me and everything I wear is obscene. After I had kids my body took a turn for the worst. I have stretch marks and what is referred to as a "panis" (over hanging skin) in the medical community, it is unsightly and embarrassing. I have had not luck getting rid of it with Diet and exercise. I am ready/terrified.

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

I have had consults with a number of PS in the greater Scottsdale/Phoenix area. It has been difficult to find someone because a breast reduction is such a specialized procedure and I am a relatively young lady and have a high expectation for the aesthetics outcome of the surgery. Dr. Cohen is the ONLY surgeon who has AMAZING before and after photos and I believe it is directly related to his being an artist.

Today was your big day! When you're feeling up to it, please report back on how you're doing.

Here you go, indeed! Get ready for a great, big change.

I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf. I hope you'll keep us posted throughout your recovery process.

In the meantime, check out this great post from Blond in Bluffton about what her first 3 days post-op were like!