Fraxel is Worth It

I listed $400 as amount spent, but it's $400 per...

I listed $400 as amount spent, but it's $400 per treatment.

I've had several rounds of treatments over the past 4 years. Right when Fraxel came out, I had 4 treatments. Two years later, I had a refresher course of 2, and I am getting ready to have another round of 2 or 3 this month. Fraxel is painful, but my doc gives me Vicodin & Xanax right before in addition to the numbing cream, which really helps.

I find that the dread approaching the appointment is the worst part, the actual procedure is not as bad once I'm drugged up :)

Post-tx, I swell up and turn bright red. My eyes swell nearly shut, and I look horrible. On day 3 the swelling is gone and I am peeling. On day 6, I'm back at work looking totally normal.

I feel it is worth the pain, and at 39, I still get carded when I buy booze! I definitely notice that the effect almost sort of abruptly goes away at around the 2 yr mark, however -- thus the repeat performance required.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering!

My doc is trying to convince me to get the profractional sciton instead, but the downtime is MUCH longer and I have red skin anyway. Frax does what it is supposed to do, and there isn't any bleeding/crusting/oozing or redness for months.

Dr. William Hall

He is great!

I hope that your facial treatments work well for you with no damage or regrets......Only time will tell . take photos of before and after and keep a log or diary on the history of your treatment...breakouts when....how many? date? This is as much for improvement results as it is if you are not pleased with the results. best of luck. Cherry Lane

Wow I spent 1,000. per treatment. I just finished my third treatment and my face kills still after 7 days..The healing time is very stressful and painful. I got no meds at all. I have to say my skin has great improvement in texture and tone.. I do wonder what my facial tone will be in a few months..I hope it's not all friggn saggy and stuff..

While I am happy you had good results with your fraxel.... this is not the case for all. Thank you for being honest about the pain..... the truth is damage from fraxel can show up months and years later. There is not enough evidence and follow up on botched treatments that this can be a truly SAFE procedure...... it is NOT regulated by the FDA and the manufactures are hiding behind loopholes and paying off people who have been damaged to keep marketing this procedure for money. People don't find it strange that they now have new and improved laser treatments..... improved from what? From scarring and maiming people by letting unqualified nurses and skin clinics fry peoples skin and then say OOPS.... we used the wrong setting on your skin type... here buy 2500.00 worth of skin creams and we will give you 3 more treatments FREE! This does and will continue to happen UNTIL enough people that have had negative results are heard and not fluffed off like they are nut cases and convinced that THEY themselves did this to there face...by not doing this or that . Again for every success story there is a nightmare that is not being told and someone is hiding in there house (room) today crying from a botched job from lasers. Someone somewhere is sitting in a room holding meds and considering suicide because they feel they look like a monster. Someone somewhere is sitting in front of a mirror absolutely obsessed with finding a resolution to look or feel normal again...... I KNOW I am the Mother of Someone who did just this. I am pleased you are not suffering! Sincerely Cherry Lane