Gorgeous Breast Lift - Scottsdale, AZ

The only way to make my nipples the size that I...

The only way to make my nipples the size that I wanted and in the location that I wanted we had to do a mastopexy. I has previous breast implants plus a lift and one had fallen considerably lower than the other and had taken on a square shape. The other headed due west and they were both so low it was like I was all legs and no body. A mastopexy scared me because this is the procedure with the anchor scar that goes around your nipple, vertically down to a horizontal crescent underneath. I had heard nightmares of these scars and my bestfriend got one in NYC that has completely ruined her breasts. There was NO way I was going to do this until I talked to Dr. Michelle. She practically guaranteed I'd be happier with my breasts and showed me hundreds of before and after shots of other happy patients. She even had several call me. In short, I did it and the day after I was already loving them! They are BEAUTIFUL and they still have so much time to heal.

It has now been 29 days after surgery and I've had...

It has now been 29 days after surgery and I've had a complication. Most doctors, mine included, use dissolvable sutures on the deeper tissues to help avoid puckering in the main incision. Most every doctor also uses steri-strips (adhesive) on the outside incision to glue it together while the inside heals. In my case I am EXTREMELY allergic to the steri-strips so we had to use silicone strips instead. This isn't ideal as you have to remove the strips every 12 hours to clean, let dry and reapply. Well about on day 23 after my surgery a couple of things happened.
1 - My body began to reject some of the dissolvable sutures and figured the easiest way out was through my incision. 1 out of 100 patients sometimes reject a few of the dissolvable sutures. For me about 6 or 8 stiches out of the 400 that were in there decided to find their way out through my incision which normally wouldn't be a big deal but:

2- In doing so it opened my incision up to all kinds of bacteria which I was unknowingly exposing my breasts to every time I changed my silicone strips. Somehow they got contaminated and BOOM - infection.

I've included a photo of the situation at its worst. Of course I was out of town at the time but the Carlotti's were in constant contact with me by text instructing me what to do including trashing the silicone strips and getting me on a super strong antibiotic. I'm also including a photo of my boobs on day 4 of the antibiotics. MUCH better. Then I'm including one from 5 minutes ago. It was scary but I'm assured that all the pink will disappear and the incision has maintained intact. I will be seeing the Carlotti's next week to see when we can continue with either silicone strips or other forms of scar prevention.
I will keep you all informed of my progress. I'm still extremely happy with my breasts but I wish I had read up on it a little more and know what I could possibly expect given my sensitivity to adhesives and such.

I LOVE MY BREASTS!!

I have the most gorgeous breasts I've ever seen in person. My scars are almost imperceptible and they look like natural perfect breasts. No matter what I went though in the healing process it was SO WORTH IT!

After photos

Woltab,
I am finally posting after photos. I kind of disappeared for a bit as I was feeling attacked on this forum by some crazy lady.
I hope these help! They are GORGEOUS. The scars even are barely there.
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

The Carlotti Cosmetic Surgery Center, their staff and of course Dr. Michelle Cabret-Carlotti and Dr. Albert Carlotti feel more like family than the sterile environment I've felt in the past in other offices. They are so patient with all my questions and are always available be it by text or phone, any time of day they were always there to answer any of my concerns. Being these kinds of doctors they never make you feel rushed so sometimes you may have to wait a little bit longer than intended. It's good to call ahead to see they're running on time but I don't mind sitting in their beautifully modeled lobby watching before and afters on the flatscreen or just reading a book. I know that when my turn comes their attention will be on me and only me. And I KNOW my results will be magnificent which I am happy to share with all of you.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences on RealSelf. I want to remind the community to please review and adhere to our Community Guidelines so we can continue to the support one another in this forum.

I glad to hear you got good results. I've been looking at a lot of breast lift with implant pics and the scars are so pronounced. It really scares the crap out of me. If you get a chance I hope you post some afters to show how your scars faded, but if not I totally understand.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Do you mind if I copy this?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dr. Carlotti. Well earned.
so happy to send you a copy
the truth gets taken down per you? PatientAZ? what are you so afaid of??
Hi Angel2013 – Welcome to the community, its always nice to “meet” new members. I’ve had comments deleted too, it was for not following the community guidelines as well. Users can’t request comments to be deleted, only mods can do that, but you can always make the appropriate changes and re-post. Usually a mod will send you an email to let you know what the issue was. They have really great moderators here! I read your comment before it was removed, I don’t know much about the situation but it sounds like it’s a doozy, hopefully it gets settled soon and everyone ends up happy. I do have question that I’m hoping you can help me with, I remember there was reference made about the Carlottis being plastic surgeons, I’m not sure if you’ve had surgery with them or what your outcome was (hopefully much better than mine - my surgical and post surgical experience was horrific, and that's putting it very lightly) but I’m hoping you can direct me where to go to confirm that the Carlottis are actually board certified plastic surgeons? During my consultation process I was lead to believe they were board certified plastic/cosmetic surgeons but shortly after my surgery (ugh, my fault for being too trusting) I was told they weren’t. I wasn’t sure what to believe and I was referred to The American Board of Plastic Surgery and The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and I wasn’t able to find either of them listed as Board Certified Plastic Surgeons or Board Certified Cosmetic Surgeons. I could be wrong about this but I was told those were the most reputable and trusted sites to check for board certification accreditations - I’d love it if you could direct me where I need to go to confirm if they’re actually board certified plastic/cosmetic surgeons. Thanks a million! If you had surgery, I hope you had a great experience and are loving your results!
I'm so happy for you. Sounds like you had a tough time but clearly it was worth it. Congrats :-)

I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience with your breast and body surgery with this Doctor.  Your results really do look great!  Unfortunately, I was not so lucky after having breast (and body) surgery performed by this Doctor, as well as Albert Carlotti.  Personally, for myself, my BIGGEST REGRET is selecting these Doctors perform cosmetic surgery on me instead of trusting my body to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   I don’t believe that my expectations were unrealistic, unless it is considered unrealistic to expect an improved result over a worsened one.   I feel that I have experienced (what I consider to be) extremely poor results and after looking at both my physical-self before/after, as well as my before/after photos, I feel very confident in my belief that my body looked MUCH better prior to surgery than afterwards.   I have consulted with many Board Certified Plastic Surgeons since my surgery and I have come to the realization that it will be a very long and very expensive road for me to get to a place where I can make the slightest attempt to feel somewhat comfortable with my body again.  I honestly don’t believe that I will ever be or feel confident in my body again due to scarring, asymmetry and other irregularities etc. but I hope to reach a place where I am able to look in the mirror again (without countless tears and immeasurable regret).

That sounds just horrible. :( I get how your feel as I still have divets and waves all over my body from botched lipo at Ciao Bella Medical Spa. It took me years to stop feeling deep regret and anger everytime I looked at my body. Feels so powerless. In my case though, after many consultations and no on wanting to touch me, the Carlotti's managed to put me back together somehow and now I can where a bikini again with a semblance confidence but I still notice the flaws put there by Ciao Bella. I feel for you girl. :( My thoughts and positive energy are with you. Perhaps when you share you'll find it's not as bad as you think?? I hope so.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I can assure you that my comments are based off of my own personal experience and they are not false.  I apologize if you feel I have somehow offended or discredited you or your review/comments – or those who have had a positive experience with this Doctor.  I am not here to have my personal experience or my honest opinions and feelings discredited either.  Nor am I here to discredit the Carlottis – personally or professionally - or to deter any former, current or future patients from selecting these Doctors for their cosmetic surgery needs.   I would encourage others to consult with the Carlottis and as many Board Certified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons as possible in order to make the best, and most educated, decision for themselves.   At the end of the day, the reality is that it is not you, nor I, or others who can ultimately influence a past, former, or future patients’ surgeon selection as it is ultimately up to them to make the decision of who to trust with their body for themselves.  I respect and understand that you feel these Doctors were the best for you and your surgical needs, and I am thrilled that such an incredible result was achieved, but I can only ask that you respect and understand that, based off of my experience and results, I feel the opposite.  Just as you have mentioned knowing of multiple patients who have had a positive experience, I sadly know of multiple patients, including myself, who have had a negative one.   I have joined the RealSelf community in order to interact with, encourage and support others and to be encouraged and supported myself.  I am also here to ask questions and to interact with the Doctors of the RealSelf community in hopes that they can provide me with guidance by way of their expertise and knowledge.   I am truly happy that you had such a wonderful and positive experience – the shape of your breasts and nipple size looks fabulous.  Sadly, I feel that my post-surgical reality is much different and it includes me not being able to look in the mirror without crying endlessly and feeling immeasurable regret.  I now feel that my reality is a daily battle with the pain of feeling completely shattered - physically, emotionally and mentally.  Thank you for your compassionate response (prior to the last one), I appreciate the support and once again, I can assure you that my personal opinions, personal feelings and personal comments are not false and I truly believe every word.  I’m sorry you had a bad experience at Ciao Bella but I’m glad that you were able to get what you needed fixed by the Carlottis because I understand, first hand, how devastating poor results can be.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

The purpose of my review was not to serve as a soap box for your personal rumination. If anything you said is true then it seems that one $12,000,000 ruling wasn't enough as you keep doing the same thing over and over again. It's none of my business - well yes it is since you made it my business - but if you continue to sully up my personal post with this nonsense I will make the Carlotti's aware of your continued defamation of their good name.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hmmm. I wish I could believe you but from what I understand you did lose a unanimous jury verdict $12 million because of a mountain of computer forensic evidence that proved that you doctored your photos among other things. Regardless, good luck to you - it's never good when results are not what you expected. It's a shame that society makes it necessary for women to remain beautiful when aging.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Welp, I was instructed by my PS to put the silicone strips back on but since there were still semi-open spots I didn't because I'm super afraid of infection. I was also told to start applying Tretinoin and Hyrdroquinone on the incisions. Well I kinda smudged it all over the area and had a reaction which I have posted underneath. My fault. DUH. I just want this to be OVER!