Gorgeous Breast Lift - Scottsdale, AZ

The only way to make my nipples the size that I...

The only way to make my nipples the size that I wanted and in the location that I wanted we had to do a mastopexy. I has previous breast implants plus a lift and one had fallen considerably lower than the other and had taken on a square shape. The other headed due west and they were both so low it was like I was all legs and no body. A mastopexy scared me because this is the procedure with the anchor scar that goes around your nipple, vertically down to a horizontal crescent underneath. I had heard nightmares of these scars and my bestfriend got one in NYC that has completely ruined her breasts. There was NO way I was going to do this until I talked to Dr. Michelle. She practically guaranteed I'd be happier with my breasts and showed me hundreds of before and after shots of other happy patients. She even had several call me. In short, I did it and the day after I was already loving them! They are BEAUTIFUL and they still have so much time to heal.

It has now been 29 days after surgery and I've had...

It has now been 29 days after surgery and I've had a complication. Most doctors, mine included, use dissolvable sutures on the deeper tissues to help avoid puckering in the main incision. Most every doctor also uses steri-strips (adhesive) on the outside incision to glue it together while the inside heals. In my case I am EXTREMELY allergic to the steri-strips so we had to use silicone strips instead. This isn't ideal as you have to remove the strips every 12 hours to clean, let dry and reapply. Well about on day 23 after my surgery a couple of things happened.
1 - My body began to reject some of the dissolvable sutures and figured the easiest way out was through my incision. 1 out of 100 patients sometimes reject a few of the dissolvable sutures. For me about 6 or 8 stiches out of the 400 that were in there decided to find their way out through my incision which normally wouldn't be a big deal but:

2- In doing so it opened my incision up to all kinds of bacteria which I was unknowingly exposing my breasts to every time I changed my silicone strips. Somehow they got contaminated and BOOM - infection.

I've included a photo of the situation at its worst. Of course I was out of town at the time but the Carlotti's were in constant contact with me by text instructing me what to do including trashing the silicone strips and getting me on a super strong antibiotic. I'm also including a photo of my boobs on day 4 of the antibiotics. MUCH better. Then I'm including one from 5 minutes ago. It was scary but I'm assured that all the pink will disappear and the incision has maintained intact. I will be seeing the Carlotti's next week to see when we can continue with either silicone strips or other forms of scar prevention.
I will keep you all informed of my progress. I'm still extremely happy with my breasts but I wish I had read up on it a little more and know what I could possibly expect given my sensitivity to adhesives and such.

I LOVE MY BREASTS!!

I have the most gorgeous breasts I've ever seen in person. My scars are almost imperceptible and they look like natural perfect breasts. No matter what I went though in the healing process it was SO WORTH IT!

After photos

Woltab,
I am finally posting after photos. I kind of disappeared for a bit as I was feeling attacked on this forum by some crazy lady.
I hope these help! They are GORGEOUS. The scars even are barely there.
Scottsdale Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

The Carlotti Cosmetic Surgery Center, their staff and of course Dr. Michelle Cabret-Carlotti and Dr. Albert Carlotti feel more like family than the sterile environment I've felt in the past in other offices. They are so patient with all my questions and are always available be it by text or phone, any time of day they were always there to answer any of my concerns. Being these kinds of doctors they never make you feel rushed so sometimes you may have to wait a little bit longer than intended. It's good to call ahead to see they're running on time but I don't mind sitting in their beautifully modeled lobby watching before and afters on the flatscreen or just reading a book. I know that when my turn comes their attention will be on me and only me. And I KNOW my results will be magnificent which I am happy to share with all of you.