Gorgeous Breast Lift - Scottsdale, AZ

The only way to make my nipples the size that I...

The only way to make my nipples the size that I wanted and in the location that I wanted we had to do a mastopexy. I has previous breast implants plus a lift and one had fallen considerably lower than the other and had taken on a square shape. The other headed due west and they were both so low it was like I was all legs and no body. A mastopexy scared me because this is the procedure with the anchor scar that goes around your nipple, vertically down to a horizontal crescent underneath. I had heard nightmares of these scars and my bestfriend got one in NYC that has completely ruined her breasts. There was NO way I was going to do this until I talked to Dr. Michelle. She practically guaranteed I'd be happier with my breasts and showed me hundreds of before and after shots of other happy patients. She even had several call me. In short, I did it and the day after I was already loving them! They are BEAUTIFUL and they still have so much time to heal.

What is with the arm bandages?
Awesome. If mine look that good I will be absolutely ecstatic.
You look wonderful, congrats!

It has now been 29 days after surgery and I've had...

It has now been 29 days after surgery and I've had a complication. Most doctors, mine included, use dissolvable sutures on the deeper tissues to help avoid puckering in the main incision. Most every doctor also uses steri-strips (adhesive) on the outside incision to glue it together while the inside heals. In my case I am EXTREMELY allergic to the steri-strips so we had to use silicone strips instead. This isn't ideal as you have to remove the strips every 12 hours to clean, let dry and reapply. Well about on day 23 after my surgery a couple of things happened.
1 - My body began to reject some of the dissolvable sutures and figured the easiest way out was through my incision. 1 out of 100 patients sometimes reject a few of the dissolvable sutures. For me about 6 or 8 stiches out of the 400 that were in there decided to find their way out through my incision which normally wouldn't be a big deal but:

2- In doing so it opened my incision up to all kinds of bacteria which I was unknowingly exposing my breasts to every time I changed my silicone strips. Somehow they got contaminated and BOOM - infection.

I've included a photo of the situation at its worst. Of course I was out of town at the time but the Carlotti's were in constant contact with me by text instructing me what to do including trashing the silicone strips and getting me on a super strong antibiotic. I'm also including a photo of my boobs on day 4 of the antibiotics. MUCH better. Then I'm including one from 5 minutes ago. It was scary but I'm assured that all the pink will disappear and the incision has maintained intact. I will be seeing the Carlotti's next week to see when we can continue with either silicone strips or other forms of scar prevention.
I will keep you all informed of my progress. I'm still extremely happy with my breasts but I wish I had read up on it a little more and know what I could possibly expect given my sensitivity to adhesives and such.

I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience with your breast and body surgery with this Doctor.  Your results really do look great!  Unfortunately, I was not so lucky after having breast (and body) surgery performed by this Doctor, as well as Albert Carlotti.  Personally, for myself, my BIGGEST REGRET is selecting these Doctors perform cosmetic surgery on me instead of trusting my body to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.   I don’t believe that my expectations were unrealistic, unless it is considered unrealistic to expect an improved result over a worsened one.   I feel that I have experienced (what I consider to be) extremely poor results and after looking at both my physical-self before/after, as well as my before/after photos, I feel very confident in my belief that my body looked MUCH better prior to surgery than afterwards.   I have consulted with many Board Certified Plastic Surgeons since my surgery and I have come to the realization that it will be a very long and very expensive road for me to get to a place where I can make the slightest attempt to feel somewhat comfortable with my body again.  I honestly don’t believe that I will ever be or feel confident in my body again due to scarring, asymmetry and other irregularities etc. but I hope to reach a place where I am able to look in the mirror again (without countless tears and immeasurable regret).

That sounds just horrible. :( I get how your feel as I still have divets and waves all over my body from botched lipo at Ciao Bella Medical Spa. It took me years to stop feeling deep regret and anger everytime I looked at my body. Feels so powerless. In my case though, after many consultations and no on wanting to touch me, the Carlotti's managed to put me back together somehow and now I can where a bikini again with a semblance confidence but I still notice the flaws put there by Ciao Bella. I feel for you girl. :( My thoughts and positive energy are with you. Perhaps when you share you'll find it's not as bad as you think?? I hope so.
Welp, I was instructed by my PS to put the silicone strips back on but since there were still semi-open spots I didn't because I'm super afraid of infection. I was also told to start applying Tretinoin and Hyrdroquinone on the incisions. Well I kinda smudged it all over the area and had a reaction which I have posted underneath. My fault. DUH. I just want this to be OVER!

I LOVE MY BREASTS!!

I have the most gorgeous breasts I've ever seen in person. My scars are almost imperceptible and they look like natural perfect breasts. No matter what I went though in the healing process it was SO WORTH IT!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences on RealSelf. I want to remind the community to please review and adhere to our Community Guidelines so we can continue to the support one another in this forum.

After photos

Woltab,
I am finally posting after photos. I kind of disappeared for a bit as I was feeling attacked on this forum by some crazy lady.
I hope these help! They are GORGEOUS. The scars even are barely there.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Scottsdale Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

The Carlotti Cosmetic Surgery Center, their staff and of course Dr. Michelle Cabret-Carlotti and Dr. Albert Carlotti feel more like family than the sterile environment I've felt in the past in other offices. They are so patient with all my questions and are always available be it by text or phone, any time of day they were always there to answer any of my concerns. Being these kinds of doctors they never make you feel rushed so sometimes you may have to wait a little bit longer than intended. It's good to call ahead to see they're running on time but I don't mind sitting in their beautifully modeled lobby watching before and afters on the flatscreen or just reading a book. I know that when my turn comes their attention will be on me and only me. And I KNOW my results will be magnificent which I am happy to share with all of you.