Catastrophic, Devastating RESULTS by Dr. William Leighton Scottsdale, AZ

After having a lift and implants done in the past,...

After having a lift and implants done in the past, I had 5 different consultations with surgeons. All said I needed the surgery done in two procedures, one to have the implants changed out, and one to have the breast lift redone, EXCEPT Dr. Leighton who assured me he could do it effectively in ONE surgery. Why I didnt listen to all the others is beyond me BUT why would anyone want to have two surgeries if a confident well established surgeon says he can do it it one. Initially, it appeared to be a good experience until issues occurred, then I was talked down to, was yelled at which was very unprofessional for a surgeon of his so called caliber. I ended up with a large hole in my breast due to skin that died and in the end my nipple died also. I am left with NO NIPPLE on one side and several plastic surgeons said that with all the scar tissue they CANT make it any better so I am left with the only option of having a tattoo for a nipple. Although plastic surgery is not a perfect science, Dr. Leighton should have been more upfront about what things could have occurred, had I known what I know now, I never would have gone in for the procedure. Besides the $12,500 I spent its nothing compared to what kind of number it did to me mentally and physically. My husband and I are both in the medical field, well schooled and not "stupid" my husband tried to speak with him from one professional to another and asked for a refund as I need to have the work redone but am not comfortable going back to someone who gave me the results I am left with, his response was "the money is better spent on burn victims" I would have had so much more respect for this man had he handled me differently. He did pay to have my nipple tattooed but those results are not good at all because the skin is so thin. I did my homework, but I didnt dig deep enough, listen to your instincts, find out how long his staff has been with him, and NOT a office manager but the nurses that work with him on a day to day basis, are they really RN's or are they just beautiful woman that look the part? Find out if there are gaps in the surgeons history and WHY....then get a list of questions and make sure he or she signs them just as you are asked to sign papers. Be pro active, question question question the surgeon. Ask what happens in a worse case scenario about your procedure...If I can help one person NOT go through what I will have to live with for the rest of my life because of my surgery with Dr. William Leighton I will have felt I made a difference.

15 months later-breasts look terrible...Regret having the work done by Dr. Leighton

The tattoo HAS NOT HELD the pigmentation and my left breast is severely deformed, I have lost so much volume due to the nipple necrosis. Prior to Dr. Leighton doing the surgery if he would have taken the time to throughly review my chart he would have found that I had a larger implant in my right breast, as my breasts were different sizes. He put the same size implants in both breasts, so now not only am I a whole cup size smaller (I was to go larger than what I was before) but one breast is considerably smaller than the the other. I still have so much (hard) scar tissue and my scars are awful.. they are so long and so visible even after using Mederma advance scar gel. I am so disappointed the way my whole situation was handled and these results are devastating both physically and mentally.

Additional photos from my devastating surgery from Dr. William Leighton

PHOTOS from Devastating surgery with William Leighton

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

When I tried to question dr. Leighton and suggested seeing a wound care specialist, to confirm what he told me I was basically in no uncertain terms told absolutely not, he informed me he was a wound care specialist, and they dont call him and I quote "the boob fairy for nothing". Although I wanted to try some of the products for wound care I represented being a sales rep in medical field he told me to my face they didnt work and werent effective. Although, at the beginning he was attentive, and kind after issues occurred there was a dramatic change in how I was treated and spoken to. I was disrespected and talked down to as well as my husband who is a Dr.(although not in the plastic surgery field) I always brought my husband with me when I went to the appointments as I never knew what to expect or how I would get treated. It was a devastating experience with devastating results. Had I known then, what I know now, I would have had it done in two procedures as all the other experts informed me.