Catastrophic, Devastating RESULTS by Dr. William Leighton Scottsdale, AZ

After having a lift and implants done in the past,...

After having a lift and implants done in the past, I had 5 different consultations with surgeons. All said I needed the surgery done in two procedures, one to have the implants changed out, and one to have the breast lift redone, EXCEPT Dr. Leighton who assured me he could do it effectively in ONE surgery. Why I didnt listen to all the others is beyond me BUT why would anyone want to have two surgeries if a confident well established surgeon says he can do it it one. Initially, it appeared to be a good experience until issues occurred, then I was talked down to, was yelled at which was very unprofessional for a surgeon of his so called caliber. I ended up with a large hole in my breast due to skin that died and in the end my nipple died also. I am left with NO NIPPLE on one side and several plastic surgeons said that with all the scar tissue they CANT make it any better so I am left with the only option of having a tattoo for a nipple. Although plastic surgery is not a perfect science, Dr. Leighton should have been more upfront about what things could have occurred, had I known what I know now, I never would have gone in for the procedure. Besides the $12,500 I spent its nothing compared to what kind of number it did to me mentally and physically. My husband and I are both in the medical field, well schooled and not "stupid" my husband tried to speak with him from one professional to another and asked for a refund as I need to have the work redone but am not comfortable going back to someone who gave me the results I am left with, his response was "the money is better spent on burn victims" I would have had so much more respect for this man had he handled me differently. He did pay to have my nipple tattooed but those results are not good at all because the skin is so thin. I did my homework, but I didnt dig deep enough, listen to your instincts, find out how long his staff has been with him, and NOT a office manager but the nurses that work with him on a day to day basis, are they really RN's or are they just beautiful woman that look the part? Find out if there are gaps in the surgeons history and WHY....then get a list of questions and make sure he or she signs them just as you are asked to sign papers. Be pro active, question question question the surgeon. Ask what happens in a worse case scenario about your procedure...If I can help one person NOT go through what I will have to live with for the rest of my life because of my surgery with Dr. William Leighton I will have felt I made a difference.

15 months later-breasts look terrible...Regret having the work done by Dr. Leighton

The tattoo HAS NOT HELD the pigmentation and my left breast is severely deformed, I have lost so much volume due to the nipple necrosis. Prior to Dr. Leighton doing the surgery if he would have taken the time to throughly review my chart he would have found that I had a larger implant in my right breast, as my breasts were different sizes. He put the same size implants in both breasts, so now not only am I a whole cup size smaller (I was to go larger than what I was before) but one breast is considerably smaller than the the other. I still have so much (hard) scar tissue and my scars are awful.. they are so long and so visible even after using Mederma advance scar gel. I am so disappointed the way my whole situation was handled and these results are devastating both physically and mentally.

Additional photos from my devastating surgery from Dr. William Leighton

PHOTOS from Devastating surgery with William Leighton

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

When I tried to question dr. Leighton and suggested seeing a wound care specialist, to confirm what he told me I was basically in no uncertain terms told absolutely not, he informed me he was a wound care specialist, and they dont call him and I quote "the boob fairy for nothing". Although I wanted to try some of the products for wound care I represented being a sales rep in medical field he told me to my face they didnt work and werent effective. Although, at the beginning he was attentive, and kind after issues occurred there was a dramatic change in how I was treated and spoken to. I was disrespected and talked down to as well as my husband who is a Dr.(although not in the plastic surgery field) I always brought my husband with me when I went to the appointments as I never knew what to expect or how I would get treated. It was a devastating experience with devastating results. Had I known then, what I know now, I would have had it done in two procedures as all the other experts informed me.

Can all of you please get together and stop this doctor! his license should be revoked. Am so sad for all your results. No more victims!
I couldn't have said it better myself.....thank you for your post, it is so appreciated.
I think you should put you pictures back up so that the viewing public can better appreciate your characterization of your results.
@foxyboxy...thank you for your response. It is one thing to just "talk" about an experience...but its quite another to see for yourself what I endured and this doesnt even go into what it did to me not just physically which is quite obvious, but mentally as well. This will always be a reminder to me as there is NOTHING that can be done for me. Even my tattoo didnt hold because my skin is so damaged and thin. Thank you for your response.
Still thinking of you and praying for a good solution!
Alliegb hello and thank you for your prayers. Although I will never be whole again, and there is nothing that can be done for me, I am blessed with a wonderful family who loves me. Thank you for your wishes...such a kind caring person you are. Gd bless you.
What really bothers me was his attitude and justifications about this after it happened.
Thank you so much for posting this. You have probably saved other women from this butcher. You have a lot of love and support on this board when you need us!
Thank you so much for your kind post. I genuinely care about people and just want to help others.xoxo
The treatment you have received from this unprofessional is horrid. Hopefully he was reported to the medical board. Isn't there a code of ethics with the medical board? My love, compassion and thoughts are with you and your husband.
@beachmaddy, please forgive me for my late response. I just wanted to reach out and express my since thanks to you for taking time out of your schedule to respond to my post. It is so appreciate and from the heart...I thank you! Gd bless you
Chantexas, my main goal is to make people aware of what happened to me, and hope and pray that if I can help save one person go through what I did, everything I went through will have been worth it. The only positive thing that came out of this devastating experience is I am blessed with a wonderful group of people on this site. Thank you for your comments...much love to you xoxo
I'm so sorry. I've never seen pictures like that, I don't understand why he was suturing necrotic tissue. If he is as imbalanced as he sounds he shouldn't be practicing medicine, and it's not just you who has experienced this. You've been through so much, it's awful.
Dear Allie I appreciate your time and your heartfelt comments....I thank you sincerely...if I can save one person from experiencing what I have it will make it all worthwhile. My hopes and prayers are this...I am not taking away any of the good things this dr has done and I am sure there are many, he has received many accolades however on the flip side, responsibility must be taken when a patient has been wronged, one must step up to the plate accept responsibilities and do what it takes to make the patient feel whole again. For me...it's too late I am damaged beyond repair but I am a genuine caring person and feel this needs to be brought in the open. It shouldn't matter who someone is or what their financial means are....although in our society money is associated with power...there is also power in numbers. I am speaking in general terms....please research, question and then question some more don't ever just accept a surgeons answer as gospel as they are no different then you or I are merely have a degree...they are not g-d but will have to answer to the higher up one day and although not a religious person...very spiritual and when that day comes for certain individuals they will live in their own h*ll. until that time...we can all do this...as quick as we are all as human beings to share negative issues...focus on the positive...communicate and don't be afraid to tell things the way they are so we can help each other..we have to be our own health advocates it's our bodies...our minds..and unfortunately I will never be the same but I can help others and be the voice for the ones that don't want to speak.....hugs and love to you all
I am the first to say when I have made a mistake or error...I apologize for my words about anyone having to live in their own h***....that's not who I am for saying something like that. I deeply and sincerely regret saying that....
I think people can understand your anger, we all say things we don't mean when we are upset, you're a brave person to admit it.
I am so sorry for your results and it's so sad that this Dr. does not see his mistake. We are all human but I think he should have done everything possible to help you not end up with your result. Doctors are not GOD and any human and humans can make mistakes and he should have done something for you. am just saying,
Dear @boobies, I can't thank you enough for your kindness sensitivity and for your caring nature. You will never know how much your words mean to me, thank you again....very sincerely xoxo
dr del vecchio has some good articles published in the plastic surgery and reconstruction journals,,think he is a pioneer in fat grafting
Thank you for your time @evesue however for me there is nothing that can be done....to risky I have been told by surgeons any surgery to my breast could result in losing them totally...I can't afford to risk that.....Phyllis's comments should be taken to heart.....
I agree he should be stopped
I totally agree with this woman. He should not be allowed to operate on anyone. He has had a complete mental breakdown and did not work for 3 years. He is totally irrational and I have even had his peers tell me he is not the same. His anger issues are beyond description. He totally ruined me from his experimentation that he calls surgery.