15 Year Old Implants Finally Gone! - Phoenix, AZ

I wanted to do this review because I had issues...

I wanted to do this review because I had issues that I couldn't fine anyone else having and wanted to share my experience. I had saline Textured Under The muscle Implants. I really had never had any problems with them til one day I woke up and My right side breast looked swollen and felt like something was under my arm. The pulling of my muscle was so bad, it was making my shoulder blade and neck hurt.It was to the point I was feeling tingling down my arm, like it was going numb.If it wasn't for a friend suggesting trying a muscle relaxer, I don't know how I would have made it to my surgery date. I went to one consult and He basically told me that I had cancer and need to go get ultra sound cause he thought I had fluid behind my Implant.Then He proceeded to ask me not once, not twice but like a dozen times why I want them out and basically I'm crazy for wanting this.Then he asked me this question" after I remove them what do you want me to do?"Basically saying, my breasts will look so bad, he wont be able to do anything.Again reminding me that he couldn't comprehend Why i wanted them out. I'm so glad I was emotional strong that day because I would have been crying my eyes out. He was soo insulting.I can't believe Dr's can be that insensitive. My next consult was DR Jonathan Weinrach and I cant say enough kind words about him. Anyone in Arizona needing or wanting this done., Go see him. I got the implants out and I had capsular contracture on both sides. One side actually pulled the valve open and implant was leaking. The other side was so attached to me(the side that was pulling)Had hard time getting it out.I'm so relieved there gone. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Im not posting pics cause I don't want pics floating around of me.

Thanks for sharing your story. I had a similar experience with my left breast last month where my breast was so painful, like I pulled a muscle. The pain has since subsided, but my neck and shoulder area is still tight. Wow, can't believe your initial PS consult about this problem said you had cancer! I have worked with hundreds of breast cancer patients as a medical massage therapist. There is typically no pain with breast cancer tumors; furthermore, no right minded doctor will outright say you have cancer, or lead you to even think you do until they run a panel of tests. How scary for you! Good for you for getting a second opinion and acknowledging that this was not the PS for you. My surgery for removal is September 11. I became very emeotional and did cry during my consultation. The PS with my Kasier insurance group was very supportiive, took the to listen to my concerns and helped dried my tears. It's a freighting time for those of us who have complications...and for those that don't as well, but thank goodness we have each other to help! Good luck with your journey.
Thank you so much for your comment, It is frightening to go through especially when you have pain from the implants. I spent A lot of time crying about it and SO glad I got them removed finally. I also had the capsules taking out too.Wishing you a smooth surgery & recovery!
I'm glad you were able to find a supportive doctor! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. What was your recovery like?
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Very personable & Knowledgeable. Made me feel comfortable and easy to talk to. Answered All my questions and followed up with me and my husband after surgery.I can't say enough great things about this Dr. and The Greenbaum Surgery Center.