S Lift and Laser Resurfacing - Scottsboro, AL

I talked to Dr. Bigelow about a mid face lift and...

I talked to Dr. Bigelow about a mid face lift and laser resurfacing when I went in for Botox. After breaking out with cystic acne and having lost over 100lbs my skin was a mess. At 38 I had so much excess skin and acne scarring that it was making me self conscious. Dr. Bigelow listened to me, really listened! And understood my concerns. After talking with Dr. Bigelow and looking at her work (nothing short of amazing!) I took the plunge and scheduled the S Lift and laser resurfacing. I had the procedures done on March 20th and am absolutely thrilled and its only day 3! I wouldn't trust anyone else but Tuesday with my face! The nurses and her anesthesiologist Mike were the best and so comforting, at no point did I feel uncomfortable, scared or nervous. Tuesday even called me that night to check on me and Renee has called and checked in on me too! In my opinion, follow-up care is just as important as the initial consultation and surgery itself. Recovery is a long process full of ups and downs. You experience many different emotions which is why a doctor who truly cares about her patients and provides excellent follow-up care is imperative. I can't even express what a amazing person Tuesday is and what a wonderful staff she has! Tuesday is a rare find, she's not only a incredible talented cosmetic surgeon, she's caring, supportive and will always give you her honest opinion. To me, that makes her priceless!

4 days out

I have some bruising and swelling but that's to be expected, only some mild discomfort. Yogurt and soup are my best friends right now! I don't know if you can tell on the pictures but she placed the incisions on the inside of my ears and then she hid them in my hairline. I'll try to get better pictures of those!

A before photo

Here is a before photo that shows some of the scarring on my face, it got worse around my mouth area, I'll look for more. This photo makes me cringe.

Day 6- follow up

I went into today and had some staples and a few stitches removed! I have minimal bruising and swelling, I'm just in awe..my face already looks 100% better, even the lasered areas are already healing nicely. My face and ears are itchy and I have a hard time sleeping but after reading everything on here I know that's par for the course and it will get better!

Mild swelling and bruising on sides of neck

The swelling and bruising is really so minimal that it doesn't really show up good in the photos I've taken. I added a picture where you can see some slight bruising on my left eye, I didn't have any eye work done but I'm thinking its probably just from the incision in my hairline. She did extra work on my neck to give me the best possible outcome. My cheeks and jawline were the areas that were bothering me the most. Once she started and got everything loosened up and could tell exactly how much excess skin I really did have she said she wanted to pull my neck tighter so it would match. I'm so grateful that she went above and beyond what we discussed!

Before photo

Here is another before and this isn't my face at its worst, the last year I really avoided cameras.

Day 12

I still have some light swelling but nothing like I thought it would be! Just some slight bruising on the sides of my neck, it's faded a lot! I'd say the scarring has improved a lot, it's still there but not nearly as deep. Maybe down the road I will do another laser treatment or continue with the Dermapen treatments, but for now I'm happy with the results! I took a close up and I can see such a difference in the quality of my skin and the shape of my face!!

Week 3, Already?!

I've healed so quickly I can't believe it! I still have some swelling but it's hardly visible, no bruising and while my acne scaring is not gone it is greatly improved! Today I put on make up and couldn't believe the change! My neck is still stiff but that's normal and it gets better everyday. My scars look good, I rub rosehip oil on them everyday and Tuesday placed the scars inside my ear and hairline so the only ones even remotely visible are the ones behind my ear going into my hairline. I'll continue with the rest of my Dermapen treatments(3) and we talked about adding some volume in my cheeks to fill them out some and help with some acne scaring on my left cheek and fill out my right cheek so it matches the left one,..Seems I'm a little off, ha! I'll update photos soon!

Update!

Time is just flying by! My face is healing and the scaring looks great!! It's barely visible! I still have some slight swelling but I know that's normal. I'm still seeing changes in my face and skin everyday, and couldn't be happier! I can't really say that I've had a day yet where I thought "what have I done?!" Reading all the stories here helped me so much and Dr. Bigelow and her staff have just been amazing with the follow up care! I can't wait to see what changes the next few weeks bring!!

Checking in!

I took this today! It shows the minor swelling I still have underneath the chin and the lighting shows my skin better! My skin is still improving and I see slight changes everyday. There is still tightness in my neck but I'm okay with it! I just remind myself that this to shall pass, lol!

Swelling gone!

The swelling under my neck is gone and I no longer feel the tightness! Every so often I have some tightness around the back of my ears but I've noticed that's more on days where I've had more sodium. I'm still seeing improvement in my skin, between the dermapen treatments and laser, my skin has really improved, far beyond what I even hoped for! Everyone who has seen me has been complimenting my hair, asked if I'm losing weight, and what I get the most?...What are you using on your skin?! My scars look fantastic! And I've even been wearing my hair up! I'd do it all over in a heartbeat! I couldn't ask for a better Dr.
Huntsville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bigelow did an amazing job on my face. She and her staff were both professional and sensitive to my needs throughout the process. Dr. Bigelow's artistic eye is what truly sets her apart from other doctors. The gratitude I feel toward Dr. Bigelow is difficult to describe in words!