Scheduled for January 5th - Mt. Pleasant, SC

So I am now scheduled for a mini tummy tuck with...

So I am now scheduled for a mini tummy tuck with lower ab muscle repair. I've had four consultations and have decided on a doctor. I've been advised by one doctor to have a full tummy tuck but have decided on a mini because I think (hope) I will be able to get the benefits that I desire. I've also opted against lipo... seems everything I've read about it is negative. I'm not expecting to be a super model just a loss of the excess skin. I excercise often but like most can't lose the weight around my belly. I have two children 3 and 7...both c sections and now have the sagging skin and the "shelf".

I have ITP (low platelets) so I have been working with my hemotologist also to manage any blood treatments prior to my date. I have an appointment with them on December 23 to obtain my clearance.

I'm feeling a whole range of emotions... scared about the surgery, guilty for time away from my family, and anticipation of feeling better about myself.

I will be 40 in April and hope to have a better body than when I was 20! :)

I'm so thankful for this site. I've learned so much on here. I will post some pictures soon.

I'm glad we've been able to be here for you! Thanks for paying it forward and sharing your own story. Your emotions are all very normal. Try your best to keep your eyes on the prize and not get bogged down by guilt. I know it's hard.

Happy early birthday! I look forward to following along on your mini tummy tuck journey.

Two days pre-op. Really nervous. Just posted...

Two days pre-op. Really nervous. Just posted some pics. During my pre-op visit with the PS, he highly recommended that I have a small amount of lipo around my hips and upper abs. He said I would have "bat wings" otherwise where the incision meets the hips. He told me he would be very conservative so I've agreed to that. Wish me luck!
Ok, still in pain today and I really need a shower, but I think I may pass out if I take one! I am on my feet all day long at work and scheduled to go back 2 thursday's from now, so with that being said, I hope that the pain eases up by then. Love reading everyone's post. I havent told any friends about my surgery, so I really needed someone to talk to and I am thankful for this site! Take care girls!
I'm sorry to hear you are in pain. Don't forget the meds. They are your friend. Also I have to say that day 3 was really painful for me too. Wait until you are ready for the shower. And I recommend earlier in the day so you aren't already worn out. And take some advil about 30 mins before. It will come in handy.
Thanks for posting. I am considering getting it done. I have been on Weight Watchers for over a year and lost 40 pounds that I have kept off for about 6 months now. But I had two boys, 3 and 5 and my belly hangs, similar to yours. I just wanted to read some reviews on a web site not actually belonging to a surgeon. And don't worry about TMI, we need to know this stuff!!! Thanks again and good luck!

So it really is true when they say it gets better...

So it really is true when they say it gets better each day. Yesterday I got my drain out and feel like a new woman. I was really nervous about getting it out but was so ready. The drain was one of the most stressful things for me. Anyway, I felt like such a baby when she took it out because I held onto her arm but it was a whole lot of anxiousness for nothing. There was just a little pinching and it was over. Mind you, I could not watch though! I also am out of the binder and into the girdle which feels SO much better. I was also able to drive yesterday since I am no longer taking pain meds. I ran a few errands and then came home and walked up to pick up my son from school. They said walking and water really is the best way to keep the swelling down. Last night I took a shower and got the girdle on all by myself. I'll be honest, I wasn't a 100% comfortable with the shower because I was tentative about the water hitting the incision and reluctant to bend over because I didn't have any protection on (ie girdle) so anything that fell stayed there. But I got (mostly) clean, got out and even blew my hair dry after! Last night I was able to sleep on my side which felt so good. My back has been hurting from laying on it so long at night. Anyway, that's the latest. I hope you are all healing well out there!
Mt Pleasant6706, are you please with your mini tuck? I am getting the same. you look good!
I am pleased so far but still have a lot of swelling. I'm anxious to see it in a few weeks when the swelling subsides and I have a better idea of what I will look like long term. I still have a good bit of stretch marks but understood that going in. Good luck with yours. Let me know if you have any questions.
Its been great havingn you all to talk to. Thnaks for answering my questions. I go to see dr tomorrow afternoon. Hope to get the drain out! I am so impatient and just ready to get back to normal. Well, UK and /auburn's playing, so i'll update tomorrow!

Day 12: feeling really well. Still have soreness...

Day 12: feeling really well. Still have soreness where they did lipo but overall feel semi back to normal. Have a lot of energy and trying to walk at least 30 mins every day. I'm now in hurry up and wait mode. I've switched over to the spanx type binder which is smoother and more comfortable but getting it on and off is a pain. I'm still very swollen too. Anxious for the swelling to go down. Also taking showers now is a breeze. I'm getting more and more comfortable when I don't have the binder on.
I went out and got several new pairs of leggings because that seems to be the most comfortable thing to wear. I did managed to squeeze into a pair of jeans one day but took them off as soon as I got home!

I got my stitches out at my one week appointment. I wish I had known because I would have taken some advil beforehand. That hurt! But it was quick.
Hey Mt. Pleasant! I was gals to see you updated your post. I sent you another post couple days ago, but didnt know if you had seen it. It makes me feel better to know that yours jeans arnt working for you either! I went to doc today for my 2w appt. got stitches out and I asked him about the swelling. He said I was early post op and swelling is common, but that he did expest "some" to go away. I feel like I have a "front but" somewhat!! Do you feel that way? My lady part is swollen in fromt too, which just makes me have heart palpations!! I hope this is normal, but I have been somewhat ancious about this. If you get this post, tell me your opnion please. Today is first day back to work and I've been on my feet since 730am and work till 5-530pm. Feeling a little beat up at the moment! Hope your well!
Glad to hear you are doing pretty well. I know working must be tough ESP if you are on your feet a lot. I have a lot of swelling around the incision and some around my pubic area too but not too much. Another user on here "chandleranch" had a lot of swelling down there and she said she puts frozen veggies on it...look up in early posts on this page. You should reach out to her and ask how long hers took to dissipate. Keep me posted!
Btw...how did you do with getting your drains and stitches out?

2+ weeks out: So I have been feeling pretty well...

2+ weeks out:
So I have been feeling pretty well overall although I've had a cold for about 5 days now that is driving me crazy! I talk to the nurse today and she said that I don't need to put antibiotic ointment on my incision anymore but can put any lotion with vitamin e. I asked her about scar cream and she said that the doctor doesn't advise it and says that she will show me how to "massage" the scar next time I am there and that proves to be more effectively. I go back in two weeks so I'll keep you posted more on that. I'm going to post some more pics today. A lot of the bruising is gone but I'm still pretty swollen. I had read someone else's post that said that they saw a significant decrease in swelling at two weeks and I have seen the same. It seemed around the two week mark there was a big difference. I just started my period so I suspect some of the swelling is associated with that too. Good news.... in the past weekend I've worn jeans twice and it wasn't too bad! Of course I didn't wear any shirts that were too tight but they fit! I'm still wearing the binder religiously every day and will continue to... even though it is not comfortable... blah!
Hey MP! Wanted to check in with you and see how u were. I go to dr tomorrow for my 6wk check up. Last week with binder! I still would love to see updated pics. I'm still having the pubic swelling. Not as bad, but still there and jeans still are not comfey. I'm still tender around my incision. I just got an iPad, so if I can figure out how to upload pics I will!
Just wondering how did you decide on a mini vs full tummy tuck?
I cant wait to see your updated pics! I really want to compare my swelling to yours and see if its about the same...make me feel better:)

Week 5: Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've...

Week 5: Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been so busy. Things are going very well. I'm still a bit sore in spots from the lipo but overall feel great. I saw the doc this week and he told me I could resume all normal activities, exercise etc. He said I am limited to no more than 5 sit ups until I see him next. He said planks and any yoga was fine. He also advised that I continue to wear the binder (spanx) for one more week and when I exercise until I feel comfortable without it. I asked him about the swelling and he assured me that it will continue to decrease. He also told me not to waste my money on all the expensive scar creams. He showed me how to massage it with a bit of pressure. He said to do that twice a day and use any kind of lotion or even Palmers if I wanted to. He asked me about my feelings on the results. I told him that we had pretty much met my expectations. I knew I wouldn't come out looking like a supermodel but it looks SO much better than it did. Now I can focus on the things that I can change! Like toning up my legs and arms! Hope you are all well out in RealSelf land!
MP, curious if you were totally happy with your end result after you fully healed, or did you ever wish you had done the full tuck? I'm getting ready to schedule my first consult. Thanks!
Wow u still look pretty swollen at 5 wks. I'm at 4 wks and also really swollen. Please tell me that after all this time your swelling went away. I would really love to see after updated pics. Please!!!
Yes...I am also hoping for an update from you!
Richard Hagerty

Dr Hagerty was great. I also loved his staff. Very professional and answered all my questions. He even sent me a transcript of our consultation. Also on the day of surgery he personally called me at home to see how I was doing. I also really like that he was conservative.