Circumferential Tumescent Liposuction of the Trunk Area (Upper and Lower Abdomen & Flanks) - North Charleston, SC

Greetings! I am 27 years old with a 4 year old son...

Greetings! I am 27 years old with a 4 year old son who absolutely ravished my body during pregnancy. I was a size 5 before I became pregnant with him and after the 70lb weight gain, I was a size 14 after I delivered him. I have lost all but about 18 pounds and I'm ok with that being that I am older and I have more curves but my stomach has been a thorn in my side for the past 4 years. I work out 5 times a week and it won't budge anymore. So I've finally decided to do something about. From the second that I met with Dr. Terranova, I knew he was the one to perform the surgery. He was very honest and he didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear. Even when I wanted to see him again (and again) he made time for me and never made me feel rushed. His staff are the absolute best as well! He is also going to do my breast augmentation in June. Initially I was going to get both procedures done at the same time but because of the post operative swelling with the lipo, I decided to split them up so my stomach could be flat and healed by bathing suit season. The areas that I am getting done are my upper&lower abdomen and flank area which is known as the whole trunk area. My surgery is tomorrow at 830am and I am so excited. I have all my medicine filled and my sweatsuit is hanging up on the door. I'll check back in tomorrow if I'm not too woozy from the meds :)

TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!! My appointment was supposed...

TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!! My appointment was supposed to be at 830 this morning but I got a call yesterday and was told that it was pushed back to 915am, which isn't bad. Joan, the office manager is so sweet and she reminded me of the things that I would need to ease my comfort and I am going to share them with you guys:

-Buy a large shower curtain to place underneath your sheets to catch the drainage (I bought mine from the dollar store. Large trash bags will also suffice)
-Get some maxi pads and dog wee wee pads to help wrap around trunk and incisions (I also got these at the dollar store)
-Come into surgery wearing dark clothes (preferably black) and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. Also bring in comfy socks so your feet don't get cold.

Make sure you stock your fridge with ginger ale, yogurt, mashed potatoes and oatmeal. These are little things that help with nausea and make med taking easier because it coats your stomach so you won't throw up. Well that's it for now, I'll be back later with pics and more updates :)

Ok so its done! My appt was at 915am and at 913am,...

Ok so its done! My appt was at 915am and at 913am, Deborah was calling my name telling me to come on back so we can get this show on the road. Yayyyyy! When me and my mom came back to the private room, I completed a few pages of final paperwork, took my meds and changed in a robe. Deborah who was knowledgeable as usual answered last minutes questions for my breast augmentation that is coming up in a couple of months. After this, Dr. Terranova came in and marked me up. Ahhh the wonderful smell of a permanent marker! When he left, the anesthesia doctor came in and introduced herself. After a bit of small talk, she escorted me to the room where dreams come true and stars are born. After I was comfortable on the table and the nurse place my leg cuffs on (to promote circulation so I dont get bloodclots) the doctor began talking to me about my time in Iraq (all the while hooking me up to sleep juice). Then I was out!
I woke up with all of my clothes back on and in PAIN! Whew! Thank God I wasn't disoriented or I would have thought I was in labor!! My mom and my son came and seeing their faces calmed me down a bit. After my mother was debriefed, we were on our way home. I practically slurped down that yogurt just so my mom could give me my pain pills (let her tell it, I was acting like a dope fiend wating on her fix). After I took my meds, I fell asleep and now I'm back up updating this review.
When I looked in the mirror, my stomach is swollen but its not puffy like it was before, I can already see a flat silouette. Watch out now!

Ok, its the day after surgery and I am feeling...

Ok, its the day after surgery and I am feeling sexy! When I sit down, my stomach doesn't roll!! Whooo hooo! I had a sleepless night but it really wasnt due to pain, I've always been a night owl. I had to make sure I kept repositioning myself in bed so that I didn't get sore on one side. I've been on top of my meds with no nausea. I had my 1st BM today so no constipation. I've been drinking lots of water and eating fiber, fruits and yogurt so maybe that has been a factor?

Dr. Terranova called me today to check up on me. I have stopped leaking (the leaking wasn't as bad as I thought it would be) so he told me that I can remove my dressings and take a shower. Then he proceeded to break my heart by telling me that my newly flat stomach will get very swollen and then take 4-6 weeks to come back down. Sigh.....thank God, I decided to get this done before summer. He told me that he removed about 6000cc's. WOW. He explained that it was roughly 3 Coca Cola 2 liter bottles! Now I'm way excited to see the final outcome. My mom (who is here as my caregiver) thinks that its too early to take my dressings off and that we should wait a day or two. I'm going to try to throw an old school temper tandrum to get my way. I have to go back on Monday to get fitted for my compression garment. I'll check back in a week.

The swelling and itching has begun!! So today my...

The swelling and itching has begun!!
So today my mom took off my bandages (gross and painful). She was worried that showering would reverse how fast my incisions have been healing so she suggested I do a sponge bath instead and hold off on my shower another day. I was just excited to be free of the bandages that had begun to itch me like crazy so I agreed to sponge off and wash only my "hot spots". When my bandages came off I was still happy with the results, even though I can tell that I am beginning to swell back up as Dr. Terranova warned me. My mom dabbed my incisions with witch hazel and covered them up with my son's Captain America's band-aids (he was and still is angry at us for using them all up). Afterwards, she helped me into my compression body suit that I bought from Marshalls a couple of weeks ago (remember, I don't get fit for my official one for another two days, so I bought a few to carry me over until I go back to the Doc's). Once my body suit was placed on, I felt a world of a difference! I can get around much easier and I'm not as sore. However, I started to itch even more. I combated this with a Benadryl and I feel much better now. Enjoy the new pics, I'll update in about a week or 2!

Excuse my prolonged absence but I wanted to check...

Excuse my prolonged absence but I wanted to check back in. I am about 3 months post op and I am feeling much better. No pain and i'm loving my new contour. I'm not totally flat yet but I am getting there. Since my surgery, I have went on to lose about 15 pounds so my self-confidence has really improved. In two days I will be going back to Dr. Terranova for breast augmentation and I am so excited! I'm posting pics that I took recently while bathing suit shopping. I've been really focusing on my abs and I'm starting to see a little 6 pack surfacing. Yay me :)
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

This staff has it going on! I could not have asked for a better experience! Dr. Terranova is a walking textbook/latest magazine periodical. I had really researched everything before seeing him but he knew and explained even more to me. He was very warm and engaging and the staff were like little Sunday school teachers. Especially Deborah. She went above and beyond to make me comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process. A+

Wow! I love seeing the progression of your recovery! You got some amazing results!
Brand new me
Ok, very helpful, thanks
April how soon did you work out? I am three week post op and already working out. I dont have alot of pains just a tad bit soreness. I still have a little pouch Im trying to not worry about it because I have been told it still takes time to go into the new shape.
Yes it really does take time for your skin to re draped itself against your new frame. I began almost 1 week post op. First just walking on an incline on the treadmill then I just used my body's pain as a guide and slowly got back into the swing. Probably at 8 weeks, I was back at about 95%. Just be very careful and listen to your body :)
you look great! u looked alot flatter a few days into recovery than i do, im on day 6..i wonder if my doctor took enough...he said he removed 2100 cc/ 3lbs
Thanks girlie. Don't worry, we all recover differently. I double compressed my stomach which is probably why but I'm sure you look great. Just take it easy and don't overdo anything as this makes you swell as well. Keep me updated on your progress
so u used 2 compression garments?
Yes. Look at my photos. I bought a one piece slimmer and then I put the compression girdle the doctor gave me on top and I wore them both religiously the whole 1st month. After the first month, I only wore thwm both during the day and I took them off when I slept
Your results look great!!! I was wondering when did you stop having pains and start seeing results. I'm only 9 days post op and I know I have a long journey ahead of me, I'm just looking forward to some relief and was wondering when yours came
Thanks! The pain slowly went away, each daywas better tthan the last. I think I was ok after about 4 weeks but then I started to get these pins and needles feelings in my back that really irked me! My doctor said that it was my nerve endings repairing themselves. However by month 3 they were a distant memory. Don't overdo anything because that further puffs you up and slows your progress
You look great! Nice results!
Thank you!
Thanks for your response! you really motivated me, you look so good I cant wait to be in a two piece bathing suit havent been in one since hs LOL! well keep up the good work I am going to take your advice.
You really look great April. I just had the procedure done. I wanted to no what you ate during the first few weeks so you didnt gain weight? and are you on any type of diet now to keep the shape?
Congrats on your procedure! I really didnt follow a diet per se. I just made better nutritional choices to protect my investment. You dont have to deprive yourself but cut down on fats and sweets. I drank a lot of water and ate alot of fruits the first few days post op and when my appetite returned, I gradually picked up my food intake. This procedure has turned me into a health nut and motivated me to lose more weight and stay healthy. I exercise 6 days a week for 2 hours. 1 hour or cardio and 1 hr or weight training. Trust me you'll get there, just take it easy and enjoy your transformation :)
I am almost a full year post op and I love my new mid section. I also got a breast augmentation June of last year as well so I really have the hour glass shape going on (You can check my profile for my review on my BA). My PS warned me that since my stomach had stretch marks that post op I would see a wavy pattern where the loose skin would lay. After consulting with him some more, I decided to get a panniculectomy where he will cut the loose skin off. It's like a tummy tuck without the ab muscles being tightened. I am scheduled for this to be done 04/11/2013 and I hope these few weeks go by fast. Sorry for the hiatus, new pics are up!
so i had my surgery the itching is terrible but i love my new body 16 days didnt really have no pain just stiff, lovn my new body.
has the swelling gone down for you? do you have any recent pics? thanks
u look very nice and u didnt complain about ur pain that much every body is different i will b havn mines done 8/10/12 in pasadena Ca. my mid section braziln butt lift, so i'm kind of nervous but i know evertyhing will b ok my price is 5,800 and hes a very gd doctor keep u posted on my up comn thanks
Loved reading this. Show us the new boobs!
Thanks a lot! Good luck to you and your progress!!
Yay! How exciting!!!! You look wonderful! I can't wait to hit the 1 week mark lol
Thanks chickadee!
I am with you when you say you wish you would have done it sooner. All this time we wasted!!! Thanks for checking up on me. I will be on the sideline rooting for you when it's your turn! You're gonna be sooooo happy!!
hola chica! hey there sexi sexi winks!
girl oh puhleese, i wish i did it when mi amiga went to fla! she got a discoun sorta there,but i find a great deal here where we reside,nyc/nj and i am goin for i i cant wait this spring. i am SOOOOOOO sik of it, i am "use to it'did not OBSESS over it but it is time mi girls are now teens,and now it is mommie in her 30s time to shine! winks again as i did be 4, mi gorgeous kids. my turn,now and i am so happy for you and every 1. i am goin to start the blog on mi stomach flat sexxiness,soon,wen i am near the date, and god speed to you all chica.
i know YOUR HAPPY and it is well worth it,it sure is
let us know how your making out,as i will save u too and come back to check up on ya! i pray for u.
i am sure you are goin to be just fine chica.

*Certified*SFS !