Tummy Tuck/Lipo to the Flanks and Breast Lift - Savannah, GA (YEARS in the making)

Date set in stone....FINALLY!

Where do I begin, where do I begin. I just turned 40 so this is going to be my birthday present to myself. This is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time. Years actually. In the past I have done minor research and wondered if this is something that I really wanted to do. I think one of the biggest reasons I didn't take it so seriously was because of my job and because of a now ex-husband. Nonetheless I decided a couple months back that I really was serious about having this done.

Doing GOOGLE searches I found this website and became ADDICTED! So much information, so many questions answered. One of the biggest questions for me was...who should do it? How many consults should I get. Where should I begin. I think it was two months ago when I actually went online to one of the facilities in Savannah, looked at the pictures, read the reviews, read the facts about the facility and decided to send a request for a consultation. Well..I did and I heard NOTHING back from them. I took this as a sign perhaps and let it go for about a month I guess. But each day I looked in the mirror, and saw what looked back at me, I was determined to have this done (all the time still reading reviews on realself).

So long story short, I came upon the name of the doctor I ultimately choose and again, filled out an online request for a consultation. The contacted me immediately and within a couple of days I was headed in for my consultation. Based off of what I had read, the doctor was very experienced, had tremendous results, and was a people person and very professional.

Before I actually went I jotted down a page full of questions. I think I only had to ask one, maybe two because he and his staff answered the majority during the consultation which lasted I want to say about an hour.

They took me in, I turned in the packet they had emailed me previously, and his assistant asked me a few more questions before the doctor came in. The cleanliness of the building and the courtesy of the staff where excellent. At that point he begin asking questions, answering questions, actually did an exam (they had me to undress when I was taken into the exam room and to put on a robe). I discussed with him that I also was considering a breast lift but didn't know if I was a good candidate. I also mentioned the fact that I have an extra "nipple" on my right breast and asked if that could be removed as well. He noticed it as well and said that it wouldn't be a problem. I assumed that most people who had this procedure where larger cups. I am currently a 36C. He showed me exactly how it would be done and gave me a general idea of what it would look like. He and I also discussed the scar above my navel which is the result of hernia removal when I was about five years old. I informed me that there was still some hernia there which could be the result of the three children I carried. He will correct this during the procedure as well and the scar that is now above my navel will either be completely gone or just at my pubic line. He discussed with me the pain management they use and informed me that I would stay over for a night and would be released the following morning at 6:00 am. He also stated that they use a technique in which they administer a (for a lack of better words) numbing agent of sorts into the surgical sight which would help with the pain for about the first three days. By the time it wears off, the initial shock to the body will have kicked in and a lot of the initial soreness will be gone. Once he and I had finished with our question and answer session his assistant took numerous photos of me ( I will ask if they will give me a copy and post those as well).

Once all of this was done, I was taken to the lady up front who handled his calendar and broke down the fees. During my consultation, it was mentioned that I was prior service and am now retired Army, and they gave me a discount without me even asking. They also gave me a multiple procedure discount.

The date is set..25 July. I can't wait. I'll keep you guys posted.

Forgot to mention

I guess I should have mentioned that I am having the breast lift, tummy tuck, and lipo to the flanks. I have also started preparing my home for my recovery process. I rented a recliner which will be delivered a couple of days before the procedure. During my readings, most say that it would be a lot easier to get out of the recliner versus in and out of my bed which I actually step up on to get into it. I'll do the rest of my "home recovery process" shopping in the weeks to come.

Another update...I keep remembering things I want to post. LOL.

I forgot to mention that I am 66.5 in tall and weigh between 175-180 (depending on the day).

Four weeks post-op

Hi everyone. Just wanted to come through with an update. Not much to report right now. I'm just shy of four weeks post-op. I initially was scheduled for surgery this Friday but changed the date until the last week in July. I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in New Orleans so that took precedence! lol. Anywho...just wanted to come through. Counting down the weeks/days.
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

I do have a few pictures. My email is Mendoza.theresa@ymail.com. I'm standing pretty straight the last two days so I'm very happy about that. Barely taking Tylenol. Once in the am and again before bed. Swelling has gone down considerably. The day after surgery I weighed more than when I went in, then each day it seems to get a little better. Yesterday I was 8 pounds less! The only thing I'm dealing with now is the itching. :(
Do you have any pictures? I felt the same way going from 100 to zero
I had the drains removed on Saturday (day 8). I am still taking Tylenol every 4-6 hours but have not taken the narcotics for several days;there were a few nights that I took one before bed. They actually make me itch more so I would really prefer not to take them at all. In the morning I find that I walk a little more upright and feel like I can do more but by early afternoon I'm back to being more hunched over and feeling the swelling. My husband is such a trooper and has helped me so much. I can however get in and out of bed by myself since the drains were removed. It feels great not to have to wake him to help me up in the middle of he night. My incision is covered with surgical tape but it looks really good and I think (based on previous scarring) that it will heal nicely. I'm planning on getting the silicone sheets in a few weeks when the PS ok's it. I have been taking the flaxseed oil pills three times a day and have been nice and regular since day 4. I have a home office and each day I have been able to put in a few hours. That has really saved my sanity! I'm enjoying the relaxing; reading, watching movies etc. but, I'm quite the workaholic so being "down" is hard. I have had a few emotional moments of "regret" but I think that just comes from going 100 miles an hour to a dead stop. I look at my new tummy , eventhough it's swollen, it's so much flatter and prettier than the one I had for 25 years!
Hi Chocolate... July is right around the corner, I wish u luck and continue to keep us posted :-)
I hope everything goes well for you. eager to see your results
Congrats!!
It's day four today. Pain is definitely much lower. I took a shower yesterday, felt great. Just doing Tylenol extra strength so far today for pain. Still not eating much but drinking plenty of water. The second night I would say GasX was the big savior! I will hopefully get my drains removed Saturday. I can't wait for all this swelling to go down so I can see the real me!
Happy Birthday to you... And welcome to the 40's club. I truly believe it just gets better even more so once we reach the flat side. :). Enjoy your birthday. And thank you for sharing your story and keeping us updated.
Make sure you have someone with you when you come home. I could absolutely not get up without help. It's only my second day. I'm on and off groggy but for the most part I think I'm doing well. The binder is a little tight but my PS said I can wash up tomorrow yeah!
Hi everyone, I am one week post op and having the worst time I'm feeling nauseous and panicky and very depressed that I can't pick my daughter up (she is 7 months old) and I get very bored during the day as I'm used to being out the house most of my day....I'm not enjoying all the sensations I'm getting around my tummy eg the swelling when I move about, the pins and needles ect and to top it off I have a lil infection even tho I followed my aftercare with a fine tooth comb and did absolutely everything...I'm feeling very scared and alone and just want this to all be over now so I can play with my babbas again....I can't even laugh or cough without it hurting ggrrr...any advice to get me through this, Thank you for reading and sorry its mot as uplifting as some on here..
Sorry forgot to mention I had the tummy tuck,muscle repair,Lipo x
Well I dt think its safe to pick up anything until your healed totally. I just took pain pills for pain. I had an infection in my belly botton before I got stiches out because I did not dry it enough my Doctor gave me something to put in it to clear it up
Oh Jadeypops...this is why I fault doctors for not preparing their patients better. First of all breathe deeply and yes it hurts but do that everyday for a 10 minutes or so til your chest elevates. Now remember why you had this procedure done. Lifting your daughter will undo the work that was done and make it worse. For quality time with her find other positions...such as having her lay next to you or have her put her head on your chest to hear your heart and fall asleep that way but know this. Even though it is Cosmetic Surgery...it's still "surgery"!!! If you had your arm in a cast you wouldn't be too upset that you couldn't pick her up...you would say to yourself...6 weeks or if your leg was broken you wouldn't be upset with yourself because you couldn't chase her ...you would just say 6 weeks. So just say to your self 6 weeks.and when she's 7 or 8 months old you'll take it easy and resume slowly activities to give you memories that will endear her but she won't remember. So don't be so hard on yourself...it's a process. Oh yah the pins and needles things is so annoying...I tend to goto that happy place in my head and try to ignore it but I find that DMSO.BZ is working for me in that aspect. Also holding the spot when it starts and daily massages...boy I've been rambling again. Well hope this helps and you'll be ok real soon and it'll all be worth it!!! ;-)
Ahh thinks for the advice it does help reading these posts, I suppose its just a lot of emotions rolled into one body so it is going to get to us a bit and the awful horror story's you hear give me the shivers eashhh...I'm trying to stay positive for the sake of my healing and sanity lol...I'm usually such an upbeak,sarcastic whitty person just need that back lol I think my other half is about ready to club me over the head with a frying pan being a giant depressant he's not used to seeing this side of me and I'm not either to be fair...going to have my belly looked at today so fingers crossed the infection has sorted and I can get on with healing (sorry for the essay) thanks everyone xx
I just had my tummy tuck, breast augmentation and lipo to the flanks today! So painful getting in and out bed but other than that I think it's going well. I prepared so much too. Vitamins, protein drinks, pillows, arnica Montana, a cup with a straw... So much stuff but I am hoping for a healthy recovery. Good luck !
BeachLiving thanks for sharing, I am in the initial phase-researching and consultations. You give me hope!!!
You sound well prepared besides the bed but the pillows will definitely help with that. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
I had one June 27 2012, although I had issues with a seroma I have no regrets!!!
Hi just had my surgery 6/14/13. got one drain out 6/20/13. a few things i'm learning and will share. I read every blog i could find, I bought all kind of things some were great some seem to be a waste. Also remember that doctors have different procedures. For example my doctor doesn't use steri stips. I had a bandage on for a week and then went he took it off there was white flaky stuff on my incision. which i found out is crazy glue. after all that comes off i am to use paper tape for several weeks.Here are some of the things I bought: alcohol: haven't discovered what I will use for yet non stick gauze pads: very helpful for open spots or spots rubbed by garment triple antibiotic ointment: for areas that were aggitated from garment female urinal: TOTAL WASTE . I bought cuz i thought going to bathroom was going to be hard but ended up being easy and a comfortable place to sit I wish i had rented a hospital bed, couch hurts, cant sleep in bed ..neck hurts,,butt hurts, back hurts and im sleep deprived
Yeah My back hurts since I can't lay on my stomach omg I found a way to sleep to pillows at head one pilow and boopy pillow and two pillows at my feet
I very excited for you. I am scheduled for TT and BL on July 15. Did you doctor say that he would be using a method that looks like an anchor?
Glory4Me...actually he did not mention the "anchor" method. This is the first I've heard of it. Maybe I need to do some more research. Thanks.
What method did your doctor speak to you about?
I am thinking about having a tummy tuck....thanks for comments.
Hi kamm0500...life is short and you only live once. If you have the means to do so and it is your desire then go for it. Good luck on your decision.