Worth Every Penny - Savannah, GA

In December 2011 I had tumescent liposuction on my...

In December 2011 I had tumescent liposuction on my entire abdominal area, flanks, my back, and my inner and outer thighs. My goal was to be able to fit into my clothes better. I am a 47 year old female, 5’1” tall, and within normal weight range. I had gone to one doctor and that doctor really wanted to do a tummy tuck. I knew a tummy tuck was not for me, so I went to another doctor for a second opinion. I had determined that if the second doctor told me I would have to get a tummy tuck to get the results I wanted, I would not have any surgery. He told me that I had a 50/50 chance of needing a tummy tuck after the liposuction, but he didn’t think I would need one. Surgery was done at the doctor’s office at their surgery center. My doctor took off 7 lbs in three hours. After the surgery, they put me in a compression garment that went from under my breasts to the middle of my calves. I took pain medication the first two days, after that I took Tylenol. One of the nurses told me that after the surgery, I would feel like I had worked out very hard. Triple that feeling. Overall my thighs hurt the worst. Planned to be out of work for two weeks, but was out a total of three weeks. I walked around my house during those three weeks in the garment and a house dress. I have dark red hair and we tend to bruise terribly, so I didn’t even look at myself for three weeks. Have you ever tried to shower without looking down? Not easy. My husband said I was mostly a deep purple color during that time. I had to sleep in a recliner for a month because I wasn’t supposed to lay flat. I wore the garment (I had two of them) for three months 24 hours a day/7 days a week except to shower. After three months, I wore it another three months 12 hours a day. I was generally tired for six months and I am still numb on my sides from the liposuction. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I can fit into clothing that I couldn’t fit into before and I look and feel great. I have no loose skin so I don’t need a tummy tuck and I look like I work out. I couldn’t be happier with my results.

I am worried about loose skin..... But it sounds like you didn't have any after, I am going to mind all the rules so I have great results! If I have questions I will ask ya! Thanks for that! Soooo nervous!
I don't have any loose skin and that really wasn't one of my worries. It has to do with the elasticity of your skin, which diminishes with age, but I didn't think I would have any problems with that because I have gone through two pregnancies and have no stretch marks on my stomach. None. The fact that you are in your thirties is definitely in your favor and you are right in that genetically, you will have your stomach regardless of what you do to combat it (got this from your profile info). Doing what your doctor says to do is absolutely a must to get the best results, so it's good that you already have that in mind! Be careful when you take the compression garment off to shower, I did have extensive lipo, so you may not have this issue, but about two weeks from my surgery, I passed out in the shower. I knew what was happening, so I sat down and my husband was there so I didn't fall or anything, but what happened was my blood pressure dropped (we checked it after I got back into the garment) and from what I understand, this sometimes happens. Being nervous is normal but I'm sure you will be just fine and three months from the surgery, you will be so happy you did it! :)
I already warned my husband of first showering I'll need assistance because I keep ready people faint .... Got back up on that! My mom has no stretch marks from pregnancies but on my second pregnancy I got two little bits way down low on belly, mostly the dr says because I was prego all summer and lived in the pool with my bikini and sun and dry skin from sun equals less elastic skin! I thought about waiting until my tummy genetically got larger but then considers age and elasticity value of skin while I'm younger. I can't wait! December seems really far away but I have off work until jan 3 so it's a good time for me! I have a super high pain tolerance so I'm hoping to be back in action for Christmas Day! My dr said I'll feel like I got punched in the tummy after a hard work out..... Lol!!!! I got this! Thanks for chatting it up with me! Have a wonderful day!
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

I had a great experience with Dr. Deloach. I chose Dr. Deloach because he took the time to listen to me and answer all of my questions. He truly cares about his patients.