Chin Implant Mistake - Saskatchewan, SK

I would really think this through if you want a...

I would really think this through if you want a chin implant. I did not and now I COMPLETELY hate it. It is way more pain then i thought. Even after 2 weeks. I think it is a good choice for those with a really receding chin.

This totally changes my face and not in a good way. Seriously consider the consequences if you do a chin implant.

No one told me about possible lifelong problems or deformities if you get one and then want it out. Make sure the doc explains all types of implants available. I personally would never go with Medpor Stryker implant (thats what i got) as tissue grows into it making it harder to remove and more possibilities of deformity if removed.

One month post op - I hate the implant more than ever

The swelling has mostly left. Enough to know how it going to look.

It is terrible. The implant is completely wrong for my face. It is too big and wide and extends my face way too far down.

Every day as the swelling leaves, it gets worse and more noticeable that it out of proportion.

Surgery for removal has been scheduled for August 22/14, way too far away for me. I worry every day now about permanent deformities as a result of this terrible decision.

PLEASE NO COMMENTS REGARDING SWELLING, OR WAITING LONGER TO SEE IF I LIKE MORE AFTER THE SWELLING IS GONE, ETC.

It is not the swelling. It is the implant itself. And it has to go ASAP.

Total cost for implant then removal, $10,000.

Biggest mistake of my life. I wish I never did this.

photos

1st photo is 1 week PRE-OP. Second photo is 2 months post op and swelling is gone now mostly. It is horrid.

scar tissue growing into the implant

The lower portion of my face is in effect stapled to the implant now. The scaring form healing has attached the skin of my face to the implant. Very uncomfortable. The skin on my chin is completely attched to the impant and wont move. I was told this would not happen, was temporary, etc. But is has not been temporary. Where the implant was put in, the skin is getting very hard and immobile, like the skin is sewn straight to my bone.

Every day I have this is in, the more I think it should not be used at all.

Anyone considering a porous implant right under the skin should be ready for this effect. I was not told about it, and I have not read about it anywhere.

Paid for the removal today

Paid the balance today for removal of this chin implant. It is gone in 2 days. Total paid for this mistake -> $10,400.

Thank god.

Implant out!

Just had the implant removed! Much happier.

Will post some photos later.

The pain is not bad

One day after chin implant removal

I had the medpor chin implant removed yesterday. And I am much happier. I like my looks better already even with the swelling whichisn't to bad actually.

It is not painful at all today. There was a bit of pain along the jaw for a few hours after surgery but that went away in 4 or 5 hours.

I will post up some pics of today. I am back at work, so these are form my work computer in the office, sorry about the quality.
First 4 are from Aug. 15/14, approximately 24 hours after removal.

The rest are all pre-implant surgery.
And yes, I was able to go to work the next day.

correction about the photos

The first 4 are from 1 day after removal,

The next 5 are pre-implant.

And the last 3 are with the implant in 2 months after surgery.

One month post removal of Styker chin implant

One month out and I am very glad I had the implant removed
Dr. Rick

Changed my mind. I did not get all the necessary information before getting this ugly thing in. He did a fine job in surgery, but everything else was not good. I am not happy at all