palomar lux 1540 for acne scars - Sarasota

Okay, so I'm in the medical spa industry and...

Okay, so I'm in the medical spa industry and I'm fortunate to have nurse practitioners as friends. I was asked to be a model for a Palomar Lux 1540 laser resurfacing training. I've been haunted for years by classic ice pick acne scarring on my chin from cystic acne and thought what the hell. I was numbed for 45 minutes and taken back to do the procedure. The pain wasn't bad at all!! They did 6 passes on my chin in two different directions and three passes on my cheeks. After the procedure my face was extremely HOT like a bad sunburn. I did cool compresses every hour for 15 minutes. At the end of night # 1 my face was swollen like a balloon and very RED!

DAY#2- Still very hot, red, and swollen. Scars seem a little fainter!? However, may be due to swelling. Can't wear any makeup and have to go to work. (Yuck) SPF 50 Vi-Derm and sunglasses and a Kentucky derby hat today. LOL.

DAY#3- Now face is warm, red and swollen. Scars are very red and have a imprint from laser all over! That means it's working and it penetrated. Yay!! Still doing compresses every hour and using a very mild cleanser. NO MAKEUP AND WORKING!! SPF 50

DAY#4= Swelling has gone down, but still red. Skin feels like sand paper now still have the imprint. Scars look a bit better, but too soon to tell. The pores on my cheeks have definitely changed! They have vanished!! Woo hoo hope this is what happens to my scars!

DAY#5= Still red, have imprint but now my skin is beginning to peel. It's so itchy in cheek area. Yikes! I was advised by attending physician to incorporate 1% hydro cortisone cream with aloe. It really helps using 2x a day.

Day#6= Still red!! The imprint is fainter in cheek area but not on chin. Scars seem a bit better. Skin still feels like sand paper and peeling. Starting to get red bumps :-( Acne flare-ups are normal after laser, but it sucks!

Day#7- Now i'm a blush color! Yay! The 1% hydrocortisone helps the redness for sure! Okay, the red bumps are awful!! I'm going to call I think I need Valtrex to help the red bumps they are looking more like contact dermatitis ( Small blistering.) Not trying to freak anyone out, but Valtrex is important to Pre-treat before laser to prevent this. I didn't know until now. I'll keep you posted on my results!

Day#8- Still a blush color. I had the Rx Valtrex...

Day#8- Still a blush color. I had the Rx Valtrex called in last night, and on 500 mg x 2. Today being my first day. Skin still seems very rough and blistering has gotten better. I think I just had an acne flare-up, but better safe than sorry with the Valtrex.
?