Mommy Makeover - Sarasota, FL

Hi All! I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck Dec....

Hi All! I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck Dec. 22nd. Mine is more of an age issue- I'm 54-never had children-have worked out for years-kickboxing, spinning, weights & yet belly needs help! Apparently I will need to have a small vertical incision as well in order to pull everything tight & to keep my bb in same location... should be interesting!

I've really enjoyed reading all the posts on here the support & tips are wonderful! Getting a little nervous-I'm the world's biggest wimp when it comes to pain & really going to be hard not being able to work out for awhile-But I'm going to think positive & hope I bounce back quickly-guess I'm about to find out lol

Awwwhh LG! Thanks soo much! you have no idea how much that means to me- you truly have a way of putting others at ease & are very reassuring!! I so do agree with the power of prayer & the power of your mind & I will remain positive! If I just wasn't such a WIMP in the pain department LOL it's really pathetic but I'll survive... I will definitely use your mantra-can't think of a better one :) AND a big hug to you too-you're an absolute angel and so glad you're doing so well-you're an inspiration to me! :)
Bella you will do great, and I will be thinking of you. Day 2 is bad because of coming out of the anesthesia, but it was totally manageable with pain meds and lots of rest. I felt great day one and feel great again today. You can do it.
Getting a TT is scary, but totally safe. This site and the ladies are here to support you. A TT will give you self confidence and the beautiful body that you deserve. You will be happy.
Before my surgery I was so nervous waiting for the doc to mark me up that I was "almost" crying. But - I couldn't bring myself to cry because I had a pre-surgery a mantra and it helped me stay focused: "This is what I want. I will be happy. I will be pain free, healthy and safe." I kept saying this to myself, and the power of prayer and positive thinking worked!!
Now I have a new mantra: "I am in control of my recovery. I will not be in unbearable pain. I will be happy with my result. I will stay on track with my diet and exercise. I will be at my goal weight before March 15." For me it helps to have a mantra/prayer, maybe it would help you too? big hug to you.
Thanks Puggymom!I guess it's that I've never had a major surgery so no real point of reference- but believe me I will not be shy about taking pain meds!
I will have a pain pump & I believe he said it would have enough 'numbing med' in it for 2-3 days-oh how I hope it does! I'm one week today!! I swear it's every day I feel like it's my day already-sooo nervous but ready to go! :) hope you're doing well & happy you sure do look great! :)

Yay! I survived!! What a relief it is just to wake...

Yay! I survived!! What a relief it is just to wake up-until the pain kicks in! LOL No, it really was manageable-first 2-3 nights definitely were the hardest-major factor for me was the mucus in chest & the 'coughing' trying to clear it-Good Lord THAT hurt!! But at least it wouldn't last that long :)- The only other 'suprise' for me (and I knew there were commonly issues with bm's) was just WHAT an issue that was-maybe because I have never in my 54 years even been constipated? Or because I had taken everything from A-Z to prevent it? Or that my 1st one was actually OK-so I figured not a problem? 11 HOURS of what I'm sure had to be LABOR - I'm sorry to be sooo descriptive- but to date that was probably the worst part honestly...Other than that on a lighter note-I TRULY am doing GREAT-I was almost upright day 3 PO -had 1st drain removed day 4 PO- 2nd drain removed today day 6 PO. PS said things healing great & so far ahead of schedule! Have f/u appt. at 2 wks PO for suture removal. Going back to work Mon 1/2
So far so good! Thank you God & Dr.S!! :) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! And thanks soo much for the support/ info. - you're the best!

Hey Bella - thanks for checking out my review and posting a comment. I am very pleased and my recovery has been good - takingout antibiotics making me sick and BM issues like you - once mine kicked in I went like 10 times in a few hours (lol, so many times I lost count). MOM definately worked over night for me. Keep up the rest in the recovery process.
Hi there NC! Wasn't that just the worst! But also when it was over the absolute BEST feeling of relief (I think that I just survived it! LOL!!)I had to use everything from a-z- now I'm taking 1 stool softener a day & I'm kind of afraid to stop-but I think I will before going back to work for sure lol...
I hope you continue to do great as well & wishing you a great FLAT new year! :)
Congrats Bella!! Yes the BM can be quite the challenge but I so overdosed on everything I could to induce it (cuz I do have problems) that it wasn't an issue but I could so see how it would be painful! Sounds like ur recovery is coming along good. Are u liking your results so far?

1/5/12-HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!! Just had my 2...

1/5/12-HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!! Just had my 2 week f/u visit-all sutures removed-steri-strips that will fall off in about a week. PS said he wishes he could clone me!! LOL!!! He said I heal REALLY fast-kind of like a lizard I guess :)Cleared for all cardio-have to wait on the weights prob 3-4 weeks-the much hated TED hose off!(Again Thank You God!) I can do any type of compression garment I want- but should wear for another month-feel AMAZING! soo happy. So far scar really really thin-hope it stays that way:p I can start scar therapy in a week after steri-strips off-he recommends kelo-cote-which is a gel you put on twice a day & kind of massage it in (dries quickly) you can get it otc at pharmacy or on-line-don't know $ yet. Next appt. 1 mo-which will be 6wk f/u...Life is good!! :)

Glad to hear you are doing well - keep up the good healing. Keep on posting to let us know how you are doing.

6 wks po! PS says 0 restrictions! Have taken a...

6 wks po! PS says 0 restrictions! Have taken a couple of spin classes already-did pretty good probably 80% of normal- took my first muscle works class yesterday 2/4 and my Good Lord am I feeling it today -and I went LIGHT! I was going to attempt a kickboxing class after (that was the plan pre muscle works!) well that didn't happen-but did get on the treadmill for an hour & walked with a decent incline at 4.2-4.5 mph- I was sweating pretty good that's for sure! Feel great- go back for 3 mo. f/u & pic.'s. Still some swelling but I think maybe slightly better--ps says it will go down & is normal-so that's what I'm going with lol!

Hi Airbus! Small world indeed!! North Port is very close maybe 30 min. south-are you going to be moving to the area?? I LOVE Sarasota-really beautiful place to live & we do have some EXCELLENT Dr.s-I'm just sayin'... SMH is a top rated hospital-be a nice spot for you-LOL!! Re:tt- I have been SOO lucky & have had just a 'textbook' recovery-I think I had an unbelievable surgeon that was a huge factor too! You are so far doing great too-just that 'little' constipation problem-Lord that did psychological damage to me lol! Never would have dreamed...Anyway, I'll look forward to your updates & maybe someday we'll be neighbors! :)
Hey bellanocha so glad I came to your page I have property in south sarasota county! Technically within North Port city limits but there is no city there. It's near Venice, 20 acre horse farm. I will not be riding anytime soon!
Small small world. I am not familiar with the docs there but it sounds like everything is going well for you.
Liddysue that sounds like a plan that should work great!
Sounds like things are pretty flexible for you as well :)
And you're welcome-just telling the truth-you've got to be soo happy! :)
J. Scott M.D.

I can't say enough GOOD about my ps-I feel VERY fortunate to have found him! An excellent Surgeon & a Gentleman to boot-quite a combo! :)