Verafil Implants- New and Dangerous - Santa Rosa, CA

I recently had Verafil lip enhancement, December...

I recently had Verafil lip enhancement, December 19, 2009.

After 6 days I noticed that when I smiled I had a crooked smile and on the same side I could feel the plastic part of the implant. I went to the doctors in which he said to come back in 2 weeks to see if the swelling came down. He said that he never had seen this but it might be from the swelling.

I never made it 2 weeks; I went back to him 5 days later and explained that I could feel the plastic implant on my top upper left lip as well. You could see the implant protruding out making my lip very uneven on the top. He smiled to me and said that it was a surgical error and that the top lip implant had buckled. He admitted that it was his fault and that what he could do is schedule me to get them taken out this Friday. Of course he said that he would refund my money and that he was sorry that it didn’t work out.

What I’m worried about is the reversible effects of this. Will I ever have the same smile again? I did my research on the implant and the doctor. However this is a very new procedure and unfortunately I became his guinea pig.