Verafil Implants- New and Dangerous - Santa Rosa, CA

I recently had Verafil lip enhancement, December...

I recently had Verafil lip enhancement, December 19, 2009.

After 6 days I noticed that when I smiled I had a crooked smile and on the same side I could feel the plastic part of the implant. I went to the doctors in which he said to come back in 2 weeks to see if the swelling came down. He said that he never had seen this but it might be from the swelling.

I never made it 2 weeks; I went back to him 5 days later and explained that I could feel the plastic implant on my top upper left lip as well. You could see the implant protruding out making my lip very uneven on the top. He smiled to me and said that it was a surgical error and that the top lip implant had buckled. He admitted that it was his fault and that what he could do is schedule me to get them taken out this Friday. Of course he said that he would refund my money and that he was sorry that it didn’t work out.

What I’m worried about is the reversible effects of this. Will I ever have the same smile again? I did my research on the implant and the doctor. However this is a very new procedure and unfortunately I became his guinea pig.

I'm on day 4 after getting permalip implants and yesterday I noticed a red bump on the side of my top lip, I grazed it with my finger and it definitely feels like my top implant is protruding out on that side of my lip. I am starting to FREAK OUT! Is it too soon to be so worried?? I'm calling my PS as soon as the office opens this morning. Is this completely abnormal? Please, I desperately need some feedback!!
I went to my surgeon about what I thought to be my implant protruding and it was just scar tissue/swelling from trauma...thank goodness!!! The bump went away after about a week ;)
I believe the Verafil implants have been taken off the market now, haven't they?
To all, PLEASE LOOK AT MY LIP IMPLANTS, WHICH I had done about 6 weeks before my son's wedding. I absolutely love them! My photo is posted on realself.com, I'm just not sure where (try 'lip augmentation'). But my implants clearly are not as thick as the implants in the young woman above. truecolors
Researching So sorry you had to go thru that....Keep massaging your lips for the scar tissue maybe invest in a vibrator.... the Neutrogena vibrating face cleaners at drugstores if you take the cleansing pad off it's smooth underneath and works well......Good luck ask your doctor what your best options are for reducing the scar tissue..... ruby2zdy No I didn't have fat grafting to lips but have had collagen juvederm and resty..for almost 15 years.. And like both...It depends on the shape of your lips before... You have to get just a little bit to enhance or add little volume...Too much and it's obvious... I did it to avoid dental surgey for a gummy smile big difference You have to work with the natural shape of you lip. To much and it can look weird...
Awalk -- have you had fat transfer to your lips? I'd like to know how that turned out. Thanks.
Researching even though your doctor may have been trying a new product..He deserves kudos for offering your money back and repairing it...Not many doctors will say sorry let me fix it... If they did there would be fewer lawsuits... It's knowing something is wrong, seeing it clearly while the doctor denies and tells you it is fine... that's so upsetting and frustrating prolonging the suffering and additional expense for people that makes them angry... You probably don't feel like thanking him..But he deserves it for his honesty...And taking care of the problem ASAP You should try a little of your own fat if they deflate to much it lasts a long time some of it Permanently. Recent studies show it doesn't degrade if frozen so you don't have to get overly injected and wait for the swelling to go down Best wishes
to the first person that posted... did you have your implant removed and how did your lips look afterwards?
I had mine removed yesterday. I feel soooo much better. the implant had been poking out on left side of my face, felt like razor blade scraping inside of my lip. Was very painful, nightmare experience. I am not sure what my lips will end up looking like, if i will have scars? if feeling will return to my lips? I don't suggest this procedure for anyone.
the dr did not give my money back, only half and it has been 5 months of pain, embarrassment, depression, being self concious, putting off things, avoiding people etc. dr has tried to put some juvederm in lip but has been difficult because now i have a lot of scar tissue where my lip split. repeated office visits (taking approx 3 hrs each time, waste my day waiting on him to see him for only about 5 mins) very frustrating experience, do not know if my lip will go back to normal, smile is not normal because scar tissue. terrible terrible experience with dr that told me only side effects i might have would be 7-10 days of swelling. i soooo wish i had never done this!!!!!
"...repeated office visits (taking approx 3 hrs each time, waste my day waiting on him to see him for only about 5 mins) very frustrating experience." Sounds to me like he's trying to discourage you from coming to see him. Why else would he keep you waiting so long? Disgusting behavior on his part.
my doctor just wanted my money, did not care what i wanted. i wanted NATURAL looking lips and was tired of shots so thought this would be answer, THESE DO NOT LOOK NATURAL AT ALL!!! i look like bad plastic surgery job! smile is crooked. i had mine done dec 6, dr said would just be swollen couple days then would have soft lips, nicely shaped lips. still swollen, still very painful because the edge of implant feels like it is going to poke out of my lip. top lip is hard. they are not shaped right, wanted pouty bottom lip, instead lips are straight across, i look like a fish. Definitely would not recommend especially for price, discomfort and not natural look or smile. some drs are just con artists, tell u whatever to get your money and yes use you for guinea pig. I would not take plastic surgery lightly. i am really upset over having this done... full of regret
i honestly dont think they are so bad.Hah you should see mine then you will see what bad is. I had mine done in Germany that Doctor really messed it up,i cant smile when i smile i have a crocket smile, on one side the lips are bigger&fuller then on the other side. Hope i can find somebody who can fix it,i am sick and tired running around with a crocket smile for years now..Some Doctors need to get their licensed revoked.The patients are paying for their mistakes its just not fair.
i had same prob w implant, want mine removed! the doctor did not tell me that the lip implant could stick out. having the implants put in split the middle of my upper lip because swelled so bad, hard to heal because everytime i smile etc resplits. implant poking WAY out of upper left lip. Very painful. Have numbness, nerve damage to lips. Not a natural look at all. Risky. I absolutely regret getting it done and am also worried what will look like after removed - scars? permanent nerve damage? etc.