Living in Regret of a Bad Tat -Santa Rosa, CA

About 10 years ago I decided I wanted to get my...

About 10 years ago I decided I wanted to get my first tattoo... little did I know the artists portfolio was fake and this guy had no idea what he was doing. I wanted a simple rose on my ankle and 6 hrs of torture later I ended up with a weird looking green blob. I spent a couple years hating it but living w it was fairlysmall at the tine not too noticeable. Couple years later my friend was holding a tattoo party at his house and had this really good tattoo artist fly in from the east coast... this guy was very reputable and was even a contestant on inkmaster! I asked hom if he eould b willing to do a covrr up and he agrred to just finnish the green band in the same style that was already there... after he was done I immidiately realised I hated it worse than the original! Ugh what a drag. My dad had seen it months later and thought it was ugly as well... he's not a tattoo fan to begin w ..but anyway he offered to pay for ny laser tattoo removal. So I went ahead and had my first session done and all I remember was oh my god that was the worst pain I'd ever ecperienced at the time.. since than I've givin birth naturally and I'd say that prolly takes the cake..lol.. anyway it hurt so bad I never went back to my 250 a sesion treatments. They scared me away sayinh the green woukd probably berve come out. N I didn't see any result from 1st session. Y
years forward... about a year after my baby was born.. 4 monyhs ago I decided I wanted to get ANOTHEr cover up done by an artist that specializes in cover ups. I found a picture online that was a covrrup after weeks of looking and decided it was perfect for me. The origional peice ob this pic you could still barely see but ut loojed v err y similar to my origional tat. So I decided to go w it and the artist agreed. The first sesion went great. It was jus the outline but he whited out yhe old tat so it blended in with the skin more. I liked yhe way it looked actually and was excited bout my work in progress. I waited patiently for ut to hwal n quickly schedualed a color apt a month later. We decided pink an d orange flowers would look good. I told him to keep it lighr and the first yhing he did was bring out the black ink... I sorta had a funny feeling but told myseld to trust him he is the professional. As he wss tating iy didn't look ygat bad t o me. It could have been the endorphins from the needle but I thought it looked alright. He finnished both orange flowera and said I'd have to come back for yhe last one. I was hoping he'd get all tge color done in one sesion bc the travel is over 3 hrs boyh ways!! Plus 180 and hr for tat time. O geez.. it wasn't til that night wen I got homeall xcited bout my new Ik yo take off nt bandage and realise wtf! I can still see the oldtat it didn't look good to me. I was devistated and filled w anx. This was a month ago. My boyfriend convinced me tats go thro ugly stage and it will b alright wen he finishedit. In my heart I knew I'd never b happt w it at the point. I jusrwaeally didn't like it. I guess I gad false expectations the old tat would meraculasly dissapear under the new one? So I spent first couple weeks depressed n trying to convince myself its not that bad. After 3 weeks of no being able to get this damn thing off my mind I started to research laser tat removal options obce again. At first I was goin to naturally go back to the place I had origionally gone but decided to do more research on lasers, doctors and what not and found this place located in sanra rosa which I've had really good ecperience with thus far. I had called their office in a horrible state of depression over this and the lady immidiately restores my confidence just over the phone. Since tge travel would b kinda lenghthy again they allowed me to send pics of my tat to give a quote per treatment. They called back tge next day.. 400 per treatmenr for tge whole thing with 10 treatment min needed... I quickly sechedualled an apt and underwent my first treatment yesturday. Opon arrival staff was very friendly and patient in xplaining everything. The offered my lidicaine shots for numbing tge area prior to treatment which thank god I took because the treatment this time wad like say and night difference on a pain scale. The nurse did gave to take 30 min to inject me. Felt way worse than the laser . Like 5000million bee stings. Almost unbearable. I sat and waited anxiously for about an hour til the doctor came in and explained everything to me. I can't rave enough how kind and gentle he was. He made it as pleasurable of an experience as it could be. He even offered to laser a birthmark on my chin while I was tgere tp help lighten tgat as well. Anyway. I came home scared to look at the tramatized skin bc I knew to expect blistering. But I hadnt expected it to be this bad.. sitting here resting w my foot elevated as much as possible while still having to chase after my 16 month old toddler. I am hoping to see results in a week ir two fingers crossed... drinking lots of water :)

2nd day post laser treatment

Had no idea the blisters were giing yo be this big. Debated weather not to post these pics. Here goes hope yall have already eaten lunch. Sorry. Does this look norm???

1st photo post treatment

1 week post treatment

Blisters finally went away. Still very raw though. Black is looking brown and orange is darker probably from the bruising/ scabbing. Seriously consittering picosure. Didn't realise there would b this much down time. If the picosure laser cut the needed treatment times in half that means half the down time. Also less pain cause bc its a more precise laser. I'm sure less chance of scarinh since the laser will b hitting the spot only half the times. Called the sacramento office w the picosure laser they will be getting back to me on tuesday. Atleast today the tat is finally healed enough to leave it unbandaged. I kinda like keeping it covered tho keeps it our of the elements and I don't have to look at it. Progress is slow but I deffinately see a differance.

recovery day 8 post first treatment

Woke up last night itching like crazy!!! The itch subsided throughout the day but started back up again tonite. Took a benadryal and worked wonders... noticing some changes in color... hoping to see some more fading within the next couple days

11 days post treatment

Scabs finally fell off... looks lighter to me

prepping for second session...

Kinda getting cold feet .. needing a little moral support on this one. My next session is monday and feeling myself start to want to talk my way out of it....not sure if its all worth it . First session ws pretty grueling for me. Help.

4th day post treatment

I would have posted earlier but my toddler threw my phone in the pool the day before my laser session. I have to say this is deffinately a slow painful process- not made for wimps! This session was as smooth as my first... Everyone at the office was super nice n helpful... Which makes this process a little easier to deal with. .. The dr and nurse were both impressrd w the clearance after one treatment. My mom ended up coming w and elected to get botox injections to help w frowning / crows feet etc... She as well was very pleased w the staff.. Exspecially he dr himself. Anyway healing is about the same this time. Major blistering n burning that stings exspecially in the middle of the night! Yesturday my toddler accidentally popped the big blister !!!! Owwww. N it actually filled bak up. Sorry if tmi. Just the name of the game. Like i said not made for wimps. Its hard to walk around even!! Sometimes pain subsides til i sit or lay down then the burning comes bak. Dressing it had become a pain since it leaks so much fluid n i am kinda nerotic bout keepin it clean to avoid infection. Ibprofin 800 mg has been helping evet 8 hrs but it tears up my stomach. Ive been taking lots of arnica too. Hoping that helps with healing. Heres some photos of it today
Sorry looks so gross :-(

post 2nd treatment photos

6 days post

Blisters are mostly gone except for the small leaves! Yay excited not to have to bandage n beable to soak it soon

fading update...

The green tattoo behind the orange is showing thru more.... Im schedualed for my third session in less than a week. Heres a pic

3rd day post

The debilitating aftermath of my last treatment is finally kicking in. Its super sensitive n stings really bad rite now.
This whole tat removal thing is definately not for wussies!!!! #feelingweigheddown

1 week post

the blisters are finally all popped... n scabs are all falling off... now I'm looking at noticing all the scar tissue that's starting to form. anyone else experience this??? 3rd treatment in and the tattoo is fading noticeably but also forming a shiny slick raw appearance. lemme know if this is common?
Sonoma Valley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Overall very nice and fair... willing to work with the patient and listen. Staff as well. Highly recommend.