I Had No Need To Be So Flipping Nervous -Santa Rosa, CA

I am getting a BL/BA (silicone and 550 cc under...

I am getting a BL/BA (silicone and 550 cc under the muscle) and full TT in less than three weeks. I've never even had stitches before so I don't know what to expect as far as recovery goes.

Anyhow, I'm a mother of three (8, 5, and 10 mo) and my body shows it! Ever since the birth of my first born, I have known that I would be getting a mommy makeover. I want this more than anything and think about it when I'm awake and dream about it when I'm sleeping. I'm really nervous, scared, but more than anything, excited! My husband is 100 percent supportive. I'd love to hear some encouragement from you.

Ugh...pics I know.

I swear I will add some pics, but it's just scary, as you all know. I'll have my hubby take some later...if I don't chicken out...

Stats

Here are my stats:
34 years, 5'9'', 151 lbs, 36 A cup, size 8 pants, 3 children breastfed for first 7 months each (8, 5, and 10 mo).

My PS office is sending me my before photos. I think I will post those.

Tummy Pics

So, not so bad when I'm standing up, but as you can see, my loose stomach skin is OUT OF CONTROL when I'm sitting or crouching. I'll add saggy boob pics in a bit.

Small, saggy boobs :(

Cannot wait to get these done! I was shocked when my PL told me I needed a donut lift since I never associated small boobs with a lift. He said I could forgo the lift, but my nipples would point to the ground. I'm not paying this much money to have saggy nips! Ugh... breastfeeding certainly didn't do my small boobs any favors.

Oooops, PS, not PL.

Guess I should review what I type before I post...

Tips on what i absolutely need for recovery?

Hello! Just wondering what some of you felt got you through recovery. What was the one thing you could not live without?

No, I'm Not Leaving My Husband After My Surgery...

Has anybody else dealt with this? My FIL (whom I don't really get along with anyway) is all pissed off about my upcoming procedure because I'm "going to leave" his son afterwards. I've heard this concern, disguised as a joke, from others. Puh-lease. If I wanted to go somewhere I would have already. Our relationship is stronger now than it has been in 17 years. Has anybody else gotten a similar response to their surgery?

Two Weeks...

Wow! I cannot believe that in two weeks I will be under the scalpel. As I'm working on getting the things together that will help me with recovery, I'm coming up with more questions. Which silicone scar sheets are the best? Can I drink smooth move tea as a laxative? I also still need to contact the piercer I use to see about piercing retainers to wear during the surgery. I'm also working on losing about 5 pounds through a very clean, low carb diet. I'd like to be around 147.

The only thing I'm having second thoughts on is the size of implants I'm getting. 550 cc sounds HUGE! I don't want to get them too big, but I know a lot of women with implants who wish they would have gone larger (and none that wish they had gone smaller). As you can see in my pictures, I have broad shoulders and a really wide chest. My surgeon says that my body can completely support 550s without being a spectacle. I exercise a lot but I'm told with a very supportive sports bra I should be fine. don't know...I hope I'm not going too big...

Ermahgerd! One week left!

One week pre op... can't believe it. All last week I was surprisingly calm -- however, once I realized that I have one week left, anxiety has kicked into gear. Looking back over the last week, I realize that I was "nesting" way more than I did before the birth of any of my children, lol. I've been organizing, cleaning, getting the books ready for taxes, etc. This weekend I will freeze some crockpot meals that will be easy for my husband to make.

Soooo....I am concerned because my family has been sick with a bad cold and I'm hoping I don't get it too. We all had the stomach flu right before Christmas and I was thanking my lucky stars that I was enduring that then and not right after my procedure. Then, right after New Year, my kids came down with a nasty cold that had them miserable. They are just now getting over it. My husband has had it for two days. I don't know what I'm going to do if I get it. I obviously don't want it afterwards (the thought of days of uncontrollable coughing after a tummy tuck is beyond scary), but if I get sick now, I'm afraid my procedure will have to be postponed. Ugh... Please send good thoughts my way!

8 Hours To Go

Wow, 8 hours to go. Wow... Is it too late to back out now? Just kidding...I think ;) My husband and I drove the 2.5 hours to the city of my procedure. He left his clothes at home. How the hell are we going to make it the next few weeks with him having to take care of everybody and everything? It should be interesting, lol. He's up for the challenge.

We checked in and went to a movie. Now it's time to shower with hibiclens soap and go to bed. Despite being nervous and a bit terrified, I'm really tired. I hope I get some peaceful sleep.

I go in at 6:45 tomorrow morning. I'm really not sure when I'll be posting next. Thank you to those of you who will be thinking of me :) See you on the flat (and voluptuous!) side!

I'm Alive!

Surgery went great. My surgeon and his team were amazing. They made me feel so comfortable. The first thing I said when I came to was "is it too late to back out?". Hahaha! I had them scared for a moment.

My an muscles were in pretty bad shape and my I'd it took him a little more time than he anticipated. I'm so excited that I DON'T HAVE ANY DRAINS! I was really nauseated right after surgery and dry heaves suck after a tummy tuck, as you can imagine. Once my husband put in the supository for me, I felt so much better. I've even ordered room service and had a smoothie and grilled cheese sandwich.

I can't see much of anything as I am bandaged up. I did get 550ccs and t look huge, which I'm thankful for. Dr says I should be a D. I am in some pain, but not unbearable as of now. My boobs hardly hurt, but it feels like I've done a million sit ups. It is the most painful when I swivel out of bed to go pee. My husband is helping me as I'm not supposed to use my arms, but I think it hurts even more when I do. I'm staying on top of my meds which make me sleepy but not loopy. I'm in a great mood and am happy right now. I'll post pics when I can.

Revision...

I meant to say that my breasts DON'T look huge, lol. And I'm happy about that.

Boobies!

I still feel great! Getting ready to have some breakfast.

I Feel Great!

I feel way better at this point than I ever anticipated. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but it's just weird. Earlier today I did choke on some water I was drinking and I momentarily thought I was going to die, but once that passed I was fine again. I'm guessing that tomorrow may be painful, but we'll see. The 2.5 hour drive home (on a very curvy road) was fine. I've been on the couch since I got home and I think I'll sleep in my bed tonight. I still don't feel any pain or pressure associated with my boobs. My abs feel like I've had a very intense workout and my incisions burn a bit, but that's all. I'm rambling a bit, so I guess that's all for now :)

My Tummy Revealed

I was very excited to take off my cg to see my tummy. I was really nervous and scared that I wouldn't like what I saw. This proved to be rubbish as I loved my initial look! My belly button is higher than it used to be, but I don't mind because now it is so cute and perky and not saggy and sad. Most of my stretch marks are gone and the remaining ones are pulled taut. I am quite swollen, as anticipated, but I can still get the most of what I'm going to look like.

As long as I stay on top of my meds, I feel great. I had about 45 minutes of intense pain last night when I fell behind on my pills. I tried to shower tonight with the help of my husband but almost passed out, so I'll try again tomorrow. It wasn't from pain, as I didn't have any when my cg was removed, but it was more like a difference in pressure. Oh well, my hairy pits will have to stay with me a bit longer -- small price to pay for how happy I am.

I Pooped!

Ok, TMI, I know, and not a very lady-like statement. However, for those of you who have already had your procedure, you know what an accomplishment this feels like! And for those of you who are still waiting for your procedure... well, just trust me on this one. I will celebrate for you when you poop the first time ;)

My Boobs Are Creaking

So, my boobs are making noises. Not the "snap, crackle, pop" like rice crispies that others have mentioned, but more like the creaking of a rocking chair on a wood floor. WTH? Please tell me this is temporary, lol. Maybe they just need to "break in"? I just got young, perky boobs...I certainly don't want to sound like a 100 year old piece of furniture!

4 Days Post

Yesterday I was finally able to shower. This time I took off Mr cg and played on the couch for about 15 minutes to stabilize my pressure. Then my husband helped me into the shower. I showered as quickly as I could and by the time we were done, I was pale, blotchy, and on the brink of passing out. My husband had to dry me off on the couch. Once again, this wasn't caused by pain, as the only pain I had from showering was from one small part of my incursion when it got wet. I just have really low blood pressure and I think it drops when I take my cg off and/or stand too long.

I still just feel amazing. I'm so thankful that I don't have drains and can easily wear underwear and pajama pants. My belly is really numb under my belly button and it's such a strange sensation. My boobs continue to feel great and I'm happy to report I still have nipple sensation, which I was afraid I might lose.

Typos! Eek!

My goodness...I really need to check my posts before I post! I don't call my cg "Mr" and I have not been "playing" on the couch. Sheesh...

Whatever You Do, Do Not Eat Pizza!

I've been eating reAlly well since my surgery so I thought it would be okay yo have a slice of veggie pizza. Was I wrong! Within minutes I swelled up like a water balloon. I just had to take my cg off because I'm so tight. I don't know, maybe I should put it back on? I literally feel like the incisions on my hips are going to pop open. This sucks. What can I do for immediate relief? Such a weird and yucky feeling. This must be what Veruka from Willy Winks felt like. My husband is going to have to roll me around. Damn... I still feel like I'm continuing to swell.

6 Days Post

I still feel really good. I've only been taking extra strength Tylenol since yesterday morning. I'm sore, but it's very manageable. I took a shower by myself last night and it was bliss. No pain, full movement of my arms. I also slept in my bed last night. My healing is going so well, I can only hope it continues this way.

My stomach feels so weird. I'm sure it's all completely normal, however. It's completely numb, cannot feel my belly button at all. Being swollen is so weird. My belly feels like a really full waterbed. I cannot wait to see what I look like as the swelling goes down.

I look forward to be going to the doctor tomorrow for my first check up.

3.5 Weeks Post - healing like a champ

Wow, I cannot believe how smoothly things have gone. I definitely have some aches and muscle pains, but nothing unmanageable. I met with the surgeon a few days ago for a check-up. All of my steri-strips were removed and I was able to see my scars. They look pretty good. I bought some super expensive, but supposedly very effective, scar treatment cream. My Dr was very pleased with my healing. He said that I'm still quite swollen, but all should even out in the next few months. I'm glad to hear this, though even if I stayed the way I am, I still look much better than before.

I'm getting really soft and saggy so I am really looking forward to Feb 26th when I can go back to the gym. Dr says I can het k to most everything at that point but to hold off on heavy lifting and crunches for an additional two weeks or so. I also have not been eating my best lately. I eat healthy and exercise, as a normal part of my life. However, I am an all or nothing person and it's seems I can't do one of those things without the other. I'll be happy to get back to normal and start sweating!
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

I received a fabulous experience with Dr Canales, his surgery team, and all staff. Dr Canales is very expensive, but this is not an area I wanted to bargain shop and I believe you get what you pay for. My healing has been way easier and quicker than I ever anticipated - I stopped all prescribed pain meds 4 days post op! And the fact that these procedures were done drainless was such a convenience (I cannot imagine having to deal with them). I will recommend Dr Canales to everybody!

How is everything going? I hope all is well!
What a cute little figure :) So glad to hear your healing is coming along smoothly.
Thank you! I just started using this scar treatment lotion a couple of days ago and I noticed tonight how wonderfully it's working! Just thought I'd share that with you ;)
Wow you look great !! Happy healing ;-)
Thank you!
How did u go with no drains, Much swelling.? U look great. Did u find out what size yr boobs r? I had mine measured and I'm definitely a size 32/10D, which I'm very happy with but very hard to find nice feminine, lacy bra with no padding! They all seem to look like bloody harnesses! Aaargh
The swelling sucks! I can't wait to get all past that. Dr days it's normal. Read my description of no drains in the comment below :) I'm wearing 36DD right now, and I'm guessing that's what I'll end up. Dr says to wait a few months before I get properly fitted. And thank you - I feel great!
How did your doctor not have to use drains? Where sis the excess fluid go?? ... You look amazing by the way!! Congrats on your green light from your Dr for the gym soon! (I'm only 8 days Post Op for TT, so I've got quite a ways to go.)
According to my surgeon, the fluid is caused from the friction between your skin/fat layer and the muscle. He uses a technique where he sees it all down so there is not any friction. I had no leakage whatsoever during recovery. His wife (and surgical partner) took a class on it in New York a year or so back, and they have been doing it that way with success ever since. He said that patients have far less issues with this vs when they used drains. And thanks!
*sews it all down
Wow! That's wonderful! I'm so thankful I was able to get my drains out at 1 wk post op, they do get annoying after day 4. But that's great that they learned that technique! I've never heard if that before. I'm going to scroll up now, to see if you posted any new photos :) Take care!
You look fantastic!!!! Can't believe it's only been 24 days! Congrats
Thanks! I feel great :)
Looking good so far! I will agree with the pizza thing I did it at 18 days post op and thought I was gonna blow up the next day.lol
Thank you! Damn that pizza anyway.... ;)
You look awesome! We had our procedures the same day! How many hours were you in surgery?
Thanks! I feel amazing! I was in surgery for almost four hours. I'll go check out your story :)
That's so funny that's how my stomach fells too lol though today I am getting some feeling in the lower part which I haven't felt I'm 10 years. Hope your appointment goes well!!!!
Thank you!
I wonder what u could take or do for instant relief??? Ask your ps and let us know.
I didn't ask that question specifically - they just told me not to do it again! Lol.
Can't help u with that one - haven't experienced it!
Well, don't! I don't recommend it! Lol
Arnica is good for swelling and healing! Try to stay away from greasy and salty foods. Also drink water can't have enough of that!
Yeah, I will not make that mistake again! I've been taking Arnica but I ran out yesterday morning. I'll make sure to have my husband pick some up today. And I've been really good on my water water intake :)