Smoothbeam Laser for Scars - Santa Monica, CA

Please don't do the smoothbeam laser. I went...

Please don't do the smoothbeam laser. I went for acne scars and I trusted the doctor/nurse and let me tell you, it has been a month and I got dark spot on my face after the treatment. so on top of my scars now I have t deal with dark spots on my face.

AVA MD

I too am really sorry to hear what has gone on for you. How long has it been since you had the treatment done?

I got it done back in April (2012) and to this date (June 22, 2012) the dark spots are not gone at all. I have using a bleaching cream that was provided by Dr Ava and is not really helping. My skin is dry and dull. I have to wear more make up than before. I have been putting natural stuff on my face (alo vera) to see other results. I am very frustrated. Not sure what to do next?
Hi ladybug2012,

Really sorry to hear about your bad experience. Do you know by chance what exactly laser settings did the doctor use, and if so would you kindly post here or MP me? Was it Dr Ava or a nurse who did the procedure? I am researching for a derm office where to do the Smoothbeam for oily skin, which unfortunately seems to be the only treatment except accutane. Amazing and sad -- you went to a supposedly great office, and got this. Thank you for posting your experience, very much hope your dark spots heal soon.
not sure what the setting for the laser were. the nurse, i dont think Dr. Ave does those treatments. I think in general they are great team, not sure what went wrong. mabye my skin type (I am olive). I took accutane when i was 26 and it worked for my acne well. but is very strong treatment. Is now June 2012 and my skin still dry, dull. I am not happy at all. I just have to keep on trying new stuff to see if black spots go away.