DUMB! A Gimmick Do NOT Waste Your $$ !!! - Santa Cruz, CA

I thought this would be a gimmick but it was only...

I thought this would be a gimmick but it was only around $30.00 or so on Amazon so I thought, what the heck, I am going to give a whirl, rather a roll! haha!. After reading the reviews on Amazon I purchased the DermaRoller with the best reviews. I used this for about a month and a half following the directions exactly. DOES absolutely nothing but cause pain. And as expected it is a waste of money and a gimmick. It will do ZERO for any acne scarring no matter what kind, ice pick, rolling scars etc. It is a gimmick and possible way to get infections also. You get what you pay for. Save your $$ for a chemical peel, laser or derma fillers for acne scars.

Not for a doctor, but for Derma Roller! GIMMICK

I have used it myself and yes it takes time, you have to study what you're doing, use sterilility, (clean roller, don't use more than a few times, soak in efferdent to remove skin debris post roll and then soak in hydr peroxide or alcohol). The big mistake I've read about is people over rolling. Unless you're using a .25 or .5 mm for product penetration, you shouldn't roll more than once ever month, in my opinion. I got the best results from doing a deep roll with a 2mm roller. My skin became much more ''juicy'' and plumped up after that roll (done 6 months ago). I have used fillers in the past, but doing the roller I don't feel the need as much as I did. I am 58 and no one believes my age. I also believe your skin reflects what you eat and your lifestyle, you can't just work on the surface.
Hey xoxoxo: would you mind sharing a source with me for a derma roller that is truly U.S. or European manufactured (and not just assembled in US)? Curious because pretty much EVERYTHING be it derma roller, syringes, furniture, dishware, toys, on and on, is China manufactured.
Check out OWNDOC.COM. This site inspires confidence. It is Europen. The products they promote are made in Korea. Read the results of their tests on the "Top 5 Dermal Rollers". I purchased from them, their house brand.
Anybody who has photos I would love to see what happens on my older skin that has lost its firmness and how to diminish wrinkles. I heard it works around lips which on fillers helped before. Anyone her take before and afters?
I don't have any before and after pics, but if you look up Dr. Des Fernandes on google or Youtube you should be able to find a recent video of him. He's 70 and has been needling his hand and face for years. His skin looks smooth and nice, and he looks at least ten years younger than his age.
I recommend Derma Roller to be done by a skin care professional. Never buy a made-in-china cheap roller from Amazon.. There are techniques for derma roller and protocols.. I read tons of reviews of derma-rollers in amazon and these people don't know what they are doing. I love the way professionals do derma-roller in Australia. Contrary clients down here in the U.S. who think they are doing a great job by shopping for the lowest quality rollers on amazon and ebay.
You do realise that the home Dermaroller is not intended for acne scarring don't you? Read their website at www.dermaroller.com and work it out for yourself. You need to go to a trained practitioner or doctor to have the procedure done properly. I am considering giving Dermaroller a try (I'm in Australia) but I am in the process of researching the procedure very thoroughly. You paid $30 and expected this to work? Secondly, it sounds like you bought a copy of the original Dermaroller. There are many fakes out there so just be careful what you buy. Thirdly, I admire you for being game enough to even do this procedure yourself! I would never, ever, trust myself with a device full of needles. Leave it to the experts...

Oh, and Jean77 is right about it taking months and months to see results. Collagen needs time to build up under the skin. Do a bit of research.
People are crazy in the U.S.
"people are crazy in the U.S." Yes this is true, but they're crazy everywhere else too :)
I now have a follow up comment after having 5 sessions of the original Dermaroller with a medical esthetician. In short, the Dermaroller has given me my life back. I am so glad I ignored ignorant reviews and that I did my research!
Really?! That's wonderful! I just started my course of treatments with a medical esthetician. Did you do it for facial scarring? How many sessions did you have before you saw really visible results? Just trying to keep my expectations realistic.
What is the brand and size of roller you used?Do you have any photos of the progress you can send to me privately if you do not want to post them. I have scars on my face and arms from lasers. Would love to find a way to improve texture and if possible firmness without surgery. Thanks for your review
Hiya! Did you read my original comment? I didn't treat myself nor would I recommend home treatments. I was treated with the original Dermaroller and not a crappy cheap knock-off. You can not buy these rollers. They are a medical grade device that only qualified practitioners can use. If you're interested check out the website at dermaroller.de
Hello! Yes, for acne scarring! Moderate mostly but with one scar I considered severe. I started treatments in July and am now waiting to see my final result before I gauge just how much improvement I have had overall... but so far, it's at least 70% improved! It wasn't really until a few weeks after the third session that I saw results so please stick with it! Mine were spaced 7 weeks apart which is required in order for your collagen to build and mature. Five sessions in total with the 1.5mm needle = my happiness restored! Pick my brains any time. Xx
Sorry that should read July 2012!
Thanks for your response. Nice to hear a positive story...based on a real experience. I had my second treatment yesterday. My skin has never felt better but I am disappointed by the lack of results on the scarring so far. I know it takes time to build up the collagen...but if I don't get improvement soon it'll get harder and harder to get my darling husband to agree to more treatments!!
A month and a half is not long enough to see results with Derma Needling. This method of skin tightening absolutely works but it requires a lot of dedication and patience. I didn't see any results for four months and the results are subtle. This is not a good choice for people who want an easy, quick, or dramatic improvement to their face. This is a good choice for really tenacious sorts who don't want to spend a lot of money on a doctor but are determined to look better.