Absolutely Wonderfully Natural Facelift - Love It and Only 3 Weeks out - Santa Barbara, CA

I have had the most wonderful facelift experience...

I have had the most wonderful facelift experience with the world renowned, Dr. Gregory S. Keller.

I scheduled my surgery, which I had not even thought of doing, for just 3 days after my initial consult. My consultation was for a much wanted necklift. I have severe sun damage on my neck from years of working in the sun. The skin was sagging and driving me crazy - I felt that it was the most age revealing skin on my whole body. As I was consulting with the doctor, it became apparent that as he stated "I wanted to look years younger." OK, I finally relegated, yes, this is true! What's wrong with that and why age gracefully when you can fight it with good surgery? . . . well, this is my world-view anyway.

Due to an impending business trip and the upcoming holidays, I decided quickly that I just needed to go for it! .

How did I manage this incredible feat and what did I do to facilitate a great result with the quickest healing rate?

First, I had a full facelift with cheeklift, necklift, blepharoplasty, mullerectomy, and hair transplant. UPon arrival at the doctors, there was much to do including bloodwork, ekg, eye exam etc. So off I went on a fantastic journey. I consulted with the physicians assistant numerous times to clarify the scary potential complications and I wanted to know all the worst-case scenarios. I kept focusing on the potential for necrotic tissue - eweee. Many photos were taken and releases signed.

My surgery was scheduled for Saturday morning. When I arrived, the doctor went over each detail one last time. What was I looking for? What did I not like? What was I hoping to improve? and then he marked me up with purple pen - that was good look. Since I was having some hair transplanted, I also consulted with the surgical nurse to make sure SHE knew where those lil transplants were going. Off to sleep I went and 8 hours later I woke up.

The first two days I stayed with an overnight nurse - she was fantastic and referred by the the doctor's office. Then, I stayed at a hotel located near the doctors office for 8 days before I ventured home so that I could rest and heal up without worry or distractions. I did not tell a soul that I was doing this - it was all for me. I took my dog for some creature comfort at night. I had mild pain which was easily managed for 4 days. To help with healing, hyperbaric oxygen treatments were recommended every day. The healing improved by 50% day over day. The oxygen treatments also helped the bruising to dissipate remarkably fast. There were two stubborn bruises that required some helpful IPL treatments (2 I believe).

I went home on day 8 with no pain. When I arrived home, my husband had no idea what I had done. Although I did have some minor bruising on the neck and under the chin, they were easily hidden by a mock turtleneck shirt.

I left on my business trip 6 days later with NO visible bruising whatsoever. Olay makes a nice powder cover-up for minor blemishes. When I arrived at my destination, none of my friends could figure out what I had done. Most of the comments were: "your hair is so much longer" or "your skin looks great." I was carded 3 times (seriously? I'm 48!). I am very happy with the results and feel that I look natural and not pulled. It's better to do a little here and a little there over time than to do one major overhaul when it may or may not help later on.

Please feel free to ask me any questions or advice - I will share my experience as completely and honestly as I can.

It did not last long . . . just had another nip n tuck last week.

The facelift did not last very long . . . I just had a facelift, necklift, upper/lower bleph to tighten myself back up.

Feelin' Good at 50 yrs old

Just had more work done on my eyes - but feelin' good at 50!
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Phenomenal care from consultation to follow-up. Money was not the object of the work - I was. Everyone on staff called me at my hotel every day, arranged transportation to my appointments, helped me through the healing and comforted me. I really felt my well-being mattered to them and that they wanted me to be comfortable and happy . . . and I am.

Threezn7s, you're a gorgeous lady! I'm sorry that your first lift didn't last long, though. You're brave to go through the process again. May I ask what kind of facelift that first one was?
I had oxygen for 24 hours after my surgery with a tube in my nose - the doctor wanted me to stay in the hospital for 24 hours with nurses changing my ice packs, an IV for pain medication and fluids, and regular nurse visits. Not all the nurses in Thailand knew how to speak English so we agreed that "pee pee" meant that I needed to get up and go to the bathroom and "pain" meant that I could have more pain meds. It worked out pretty good - I just have a distant memory. They also put leg compressors on my legs that were hooked up to a motor that massaged my legs the entire time while I was in surgery and afterwards to prevent blood clots. I don't know if this is standard treatment in the US - ???
I did not have any compression devices but did do the Hyperbaric thing around 5 times - every couple days.  The oxygen helped stave off infection too.
BJ, that is definitely not standard in the US as I've understood it.  Most PS' seem to want patients to be ambulatory and move; no IV's or hospital stays . Of course, unless there are complications a whole different story.
Where did you have the hyperbaric oxygen treatments at? And what is IPL treatments? Based on your very positive experience and his site, I am looking at Dr. Keller for my lift next year. BUT since I live on the east cost I will have to make sure it's all going to be affordable as would want to stay 2 weeks to be on the safe side.
Threzn7s You look beautiful and very young. It's very nice that you want to share your experience with all of us. Not only beautiful, but a great spirit!
Thank you!
Umm, that picture in your profile...WOW!
I completely admire your spirit courage, vitality and approach to this. And you do look great.
In response to Lucilla, I see this as a forum to support one another. There is no room for negativity and dismissal here or anywhere else.Perhaps a loving kindness retreat is in order before your surgery.
How were your hyperbaric oxygen treatments delivered, and at what cost and inconvenience to you?

P.S. - I think you look marvelous!!!
@Swollen and bruised: Loreal makes a really nice and light powdered concealer that will cover the bruises - you can get it at CVS or Right Aid.

@Leslie, I went to Dr. DeYarman in La Jolla - very good work and I drove to and from the appointment.
You look great! Is this your second series of procedures? Thought I saw your photo somewhere else. The hair transplant idea is great. It sounds like you've had it done a number of times. Do you know a good person in San Diego? Thanks!
Hi threezn7s. You look wonderful!! I had a facelift and my upper eyes done on 12/12. It's 11 days. Almost all the bruising is gone but my face is still swollen, although it has gone down significantly. I can go to a mall and no one stares! I hope by day 16, I'll look almost as good as you.
You say you were carded 3 times and you are 48. I don't wish to rain on your parade but I don't believe you. You look 48 not 21 as you think you do. Sorry, but that is the truth all that plastic surgery and you still look your age.
No need to get nasty Lucilla . . . it's what happened and not what I think - either way, keep your ugly comments to yourself. You must be really insecure to write such awful things. I feel sorry for you.
You look wonderful and far from 48!! Enjoy!!

Well, that is very rude. I myself was carded once, when I was 48. And yes, I was very elated. The guy simply could not BELIEVE my I.D., when he read it.

Love your attitude and honesty. I'm like you, 49 and get carded on occasions, funny.
I want to see your Doc, don't want to be wind blown.
Thanks

Personally I think you look great!

Thanks! I meant where on your head did you have transplants placed? Around your face? Does the area look strange/obvious for awhile?
Golfloosh - the entry states where I had it done. This is my 5th one and I love it. Beware that you won't see any growth for 5-6 mos and full growth for a year. The initial hairs transplanted fall out.
Where did you have hair transplanted? How is that working out? I have no sideburns after my facelift and considering transplants myself.
Would you be able to post a before photo for comparison? I am just beginning to consider something like this - I am 49 and my neck is my main area of concern, just as yours was.