Absolutely Wonderfully Natural Facelift - Love It and Only 3 Weeks out - Santa Barbara, CA

I have had the most wonderful facelift experience...

I have had the most wonderful facelift experience with the world renowned, Dr. Gregory S. Keller.

I scheduled my surgery, which I had not even thought of doing, for just 3 days after my initial consult. My consultation was for a much wanted necklift. I have severe sun damage on my neck from years of working in the sun. The skin was sagging and driving me crazy - I felt that it was the most age revealing skin on my whole body. As I was consulting with the doctor, it became apparent that as he stated "I wanted to look years younger." OK, I finally relegated, yes, this is true! What's wrong with that and why age gracefully when you can fight it with good surgery? . . . well, this is my world-view anyway.

Due to an impending business trip and the upcoming holidays, I decided quickly that I just needed to go for it! .

How did I manage this incredible feat and what did I do to facilitate a great result with the quickest healing rate?

First, I had a full facelift with cheeklift, necklift, blepharoplasty, mullerectomy, and hair transplant. UPon arrival at the doctors, there was much to do including bloodwork, ekg, eye exam etc. So off I went on a fantastic journey. I consulted with the physicians assistant numerous times to clarify the scary potential complications and I wanted to know all the worst-case scenarios. I kept focusing on the potential for necrotic tissue - eweee. Many photos were taken and releases signed.

My surgery was scheduled for Saturday morning. When I arrived, the doctor went over each detail one last time. What was I looking for? What did I not like? What was I hoping to improve? and then he marked me up with purple pen - that was good look. Since I was having some hair transplanted, I also consulted with the surgical nurse to make sure SHE knew where those lil transplants were going. Off to sleep I went and 8 hours later I woke up.

The first two days I stayed with an overnight nurse - she was fantastic and referred by the the doctor's office. Then, I stayed at a hotel located near the doctors office for 8 days before I ventured home so that I could rest and heal up without worry or distractions. I did not tell a soul that I was doing this - it was all for me. I took my dog for some creature comfort at night. I had mild pain which was easily managed for 4 days. To help with healing, hyperbaric oxygen treatments were recommended every day. The healing improved by 50% day over day. The oxygen treatments also helped the bruising to dissipate remarkably fast. There were two stubborn bruises that required some helpful IPL treatments (2 I believe).

I went home on day 8 with no pain. When I arrived home, my husband had no idea what I had done. Although I did have some minor bruising on the neck and under the chin, they were easily hidden by a mock turtleneck shirt.

I left on my business trip 6 days later with NO visible bruising whatsoever. Olay makes a nice powder cover-up for minor blemishes. When I arrived at my destination, none of my friends could figure out what I had done. Most of the comments were: "your hair is so much longer" or "your skin looks great." I was carded 3 times (seriously? I'm 48!). I am very happy with the results and feel that I look natural and not pulled. It's better to do a little here and a little there over time than to do one major overhaul when it may or may not help later on.

Please feel free to ask me any questions or advice - I will share my experience as completely and honestly as I can.

Where did you have the hyperbaric oxygen treatments at? And what is IPL treatments? Based on your very positive experience and his site, I am looking at Dr. Keller for my lift next year. BUT since I live on the east cost I will have to make sure it's all going to be affordable as would want to stay 2 weeks to be on the safe side.
Threzn7s You look beautiful and very young. It's very nice that you want to share your experience with all of us. Not only beautiful, but a great spirit!
Umm, that picture in your profile...WOW!

It did not last long . . . just had another nip n tuck last week.

The facelift did not last very long . . . I just had a facelift, necklift, upper/lower bleph to tighten myself back up.
I had oxygen for 24 hours after my surgery with a tube in my nose - the doctor wanted me to stay in the hospital for 24 hours with nurses changing my ice packs, an IV for pain medication and fluids, and regular nurse visits. Not all the nurses in Thailand knew how to speak English so we agreed that "pee pee" meant that I needed to get up and go to the bathroom and "pain" meant that I could have more pain meds. It worked out pretty good - I just have a distant memory. They also put leg compressors on my legs that were hooked up to a motor that massaged my legs the entire time while I was in surgery and afterwards to prevent blood clots. I don't know if this is standard treatment in the US - ???
I did not have any compression devices but did do the Hyperbaric thing around 5 times - every couple days.  The oxygen helped stave off infection too.
Thank you!

Feelin' Good at 50 yrs old

Just had more work done on my eyes - but feelin' good at 50!
Threezn7s, you're a gorgeous lady! I'm sorry that your first lift didn't last long, though. You're brave to go through the process again. May I ask what kind of facelift that first one was?
BJ, that is definitely not standard in the US as I've understood it.  Most PS' seem to want patients to be ambulatory and move; no IV's or hospital stays . Of course, unless there are complications a whole different story.
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Phenomenal care from consultation to follow-up. Money was not the object of the work - I was. Everyone on staff called me at my hotel every day, arranged transportation to my appointments, helped me through the healing and comforted me. I really felt my well-being mattered to them and that they wanted me to be comfortable and happy . . . and I am.