MiXto Caused More Wrinkles and Sagging Skin - San Ramon, CA

I had Mixto laser on my face on August 21st. I...

I had Mixto laser on my face on August 21st. I have been miserabley itchy for 5 days now. It is the worst itch you could possibly imagine. and the doctor did not tell me this was a side effect, nor is it mentioned in the several pages of information about after care that the office distributes to the patient before hand.I feel like there are little things crawling and biting at my face that cause it to itch every single minute.

I see no difference in my acne scars on the sides of face and on my chin. I was assured by the doctor that i would be well enough to attend a concert on August 29th and the literature states that the redness lasts for 5 to 7 days. Well it has been 7 days and I am absolutely bright red, and itching like crazy. Benedryl only makes me drowsy and non functional, yet does not releive the itching at all. The doctor solution is to give me more drugs like doxipin but I refuse to take anymore drugs.

He insists his patients take demerol, along with 3 or 4 other drugs in addition to the numbing salve. I still felt a lot of pain. He made 3 passes on the sides of my face.

The clinic is telling me that the improvement in my acne scars will come later. My losses have been significant, and I cannot function in everyday life because the itching is so severe. I may go to the emergency tomorrow.

I want to add more or to write another review. I...

I want to add more or to write another review. I did not have Mixto primarily to treat acne scars. I did it to firm my skin and minimize wrinkles, however it has had the opposite effect.

The doctor really pulled the wool over my eyes. He neglected to tell me about the side effects and the lengthy down time and the fact that I would have more wrinkles and sagging skin after the procedure.

I am devastated because I look so much older than before the procedure was done. My damage is significant and I have asked the doctor to refund my money and will be expecting him to pay damages for altering my appearance so negatively.

Do not go to this doctor's office in San Ramon, CA. They misrepresent the facts and are negligent. I was not at all prepared to look so bad and absolutely do not know what I am going to do. I am emotionally devastated due to all the additional wrinkles and loose skin on my face!!

Updated on Nov 13, 2009

Why aren't their disclosures re eyelid ptosis and eye pain from Mixto laser?

I cannot say there were any pros of my treatment experience.

I have described the cons in prior reviews. I still have excess sagging skin around my mouth and sagging eyelids, along with pain and weakness in my eyes from the Mixto laser resurfacing treatment that I had.

Can you believe that a well known doctor did this to me? Why would a doctor that claims he has done 800 of these Mixto procedures and has 30 years of experience fail to discuss the primary and worst side effect of itching accompanying this Mixto fractional, in the paperwork that he hands out to his patients prior to doing the procedure. and why in the world does he state in writing that the redness only lasts for a week? How negligent is this???? An individual needs to have realistic expectations. There are losses like time from work and too much down time. And I have this really bad red line of demarcation under my chin where the red stops on my white neck. I have never worn face makeup or powder of any kind. I will be asking for the doctor to pick up the cost of the procedure to accommodate for his negligence. What do you think? Should we as consumers put up with this?

San Ramon Dermatologist

The doctor misrepresents the outcome of the procedure, the downtime, and is too agressive. He does not disclose the side effects or complications that can occur from the laser resurfacing procedure. Also I asked him before hand if I can have eyelid surgery after the Mixto was used on my lids and he and his nurse both said that I could. The two ey doctors I have consulted with say that because I have pain and weakness and dry eyes from the Mixto that I cannot have eylid surgery anytime in the near future. Basically I was sold a pack of lies.

I am Dr.Michael Tomcik and i performed co2 laser on this patient. Prospective patients can call my office and get a copy of my informed consent and see exactly what I tell patients. This patient had 4 one hour consults and was shown 5 patient photos of daily changes for the first 7 days and one and 4 month photos.She no showed 5 appointments and showed up 11 days post op. Her post op photo demonstrates remarkable tightening,confirmed by 3 staff members. Minimal mineral makeup covers the pink color which totally fades in 1 to 6 weeks. See my other responses to this patient on this website.

I am Dr.Michael J. Tomcik M.D. and I performed Mixto Microfractional Co2 laser resurfacing on this patient. She followed none of our directions and use none of our medications or topical ointments and no showed without canceling 5 post operative appointments. She show up 11 days post op and a photo taken at that time shows remarkable tightening which was confirmed by 3 of my staff members. Any prospective patient can call my office at to see the informed consent that she signed and judge for themselves. I also feel that she should allow me to show her before and after photos aging so you can decide for yourselves who is telling the truth.

This post was from a while ago, how are your results now?
I had Mixto Laser two weeks ago and the only difference from before, is that the wrinkles on my forehead now have the same colour as my skin - before they were slightly darker. The wrinkles are still there - no difference. But then, it takes some time. I am going for a new Mixto Laser in the middle of November. I did the Mixto on a Monday afternoon, and went to a wedding on Friday - not a single person commented my face. I looked as I usually do in a few days.

I am adding to my review of theMixto prcedure that was dont on August 21st in San Ramon, CA It has now been 14 days and my face is still very red and I itch so badly that I have to scratch my face which drwas blood. My eyelids are drooping which has caused brand new creases/wrinkles since before the procedure and I have more lines in my chin that are much deeper that prior to the procedure. My girlfriend who sat in the room while it was done says that I look 10 to 15 years older now. I have never had such droopy and wrinkle eyelids nor such swrinkle on my chin and around my mouth. I officially have sagging jowls also just since the Mixto was done 2 weeks ago. I cannot even leave the house because I have so many more wrinkle than I did prior to the procedure. The 3 pages of paperwork given to me by the doctors office did not discuss the itching or that I would look so awefula afterwards to the point that I would look so much older and that my skin and face would be damaged like this. At no time did I agree to look so much worse and to give up work and friendships and dating due to my poor appearance caused by this horrible Mixto procedure. The documentation from the doctors office states that the redness and swelling goes away in 7 days and that there is 7 days of down time. I still cannot leave the house except to go to the grocery store. I afm so depressed and emotioally devistated because Advanced Derm Care in San Ramon has altered my appeaaarance and has ruined my skin. Estheticians have always complimented me on having such good skin. I was told that the Mixto would soften lines and firm my skin. Istead it has done exactly the opposite. I am so depressed and saddened as I was a very attractive woman and now istead of looking younger than 55 I look about 65 or older. don't let Dr. ruin your skin.

who was your Dr?? I hope you are looking better, please let me know.. I just had the MiXto c02 done 4 days ago. I am Latina with light brown skin. I had this procedure done With a Dr in Palo alto that also has 30 yrs eperience and has an office in San Ramon. I wonder if its the same Dr. When i had the procidure done it was fine did not felt much disconfort nore sun burn, but i did get very swollen and red. Second day, i notice white blatches alover my face the size of the beem of the laser.. Its scary because on day 3 the white patches got whiter and whiter.. before laser trae tmentDr told me he had year of experience doing mixto laser and I just found out that the office in Palo Alto just opened up about a year ago and that they purchase the Mixto Machine 6 months ago.. also the assitant volunterarly told me that they do 2 mixto treatments in that office a month and there are 2 or 3 Drs...I wonder what whent wrong, would it be possible that i was his first patient? I hope this goes oway!!!
Mam, could you consider to allow the doctor to post your before and after pictures. Sometimes we tend to be psychologic in our judgments. Let us see, how he'll justify the outcome and burnt hair... Let me get a sigh of relief that you are all right