Just Had the Lifestyle Lift - Happy So Far - San Ramon, CA

The basic lift costs $4850 which takes care of the...

The basic lift costs $4850 which takes care of the lower third of the cheeks, the jowls, and the jawline. I also opted for a platysmaplasty which was $1000 extra. I did not need the second $1000 option, liposuction, which is recommended for those with a double chin.

They say no intravenous anesthesia is required, but whatever oral pills they gave me (at least two Valiums) knocked me out to the point where I don't remember a thing of the actual operation. The multiple injections of the local anesthetic are the most painful part of the whole procedure, but no worse that what you'd experience in a dentist office.

They won't let you drive home afterwards, so either bring a driver or take a taxi to a nearby hotel (I did the latter). 24 hours later you report back for the surgeon to examine the incisions. All was well so I was sent home for 10 days until time to get the stitches out. From what little I could see between bandage changes, my jawline is much firmer, the jowls are gone, the cheeks look more even, and even the nasolabial folds are less deep.

I'll report back here after the swelling and bruising go down. I was sore the first 30 hours after surgery, but the vicodin to care of it. By 40 hours I felt well enough to work from home, and even made short trips to the grocery store.

Please see updates published as comments.

Please see updates published as comments.

Day 12: I just had all the stitches removed. It...

Day 12: I just had all the stitches removed. It was a fairly painless process. I took my last Vicodin this morning, but I didn't really need it. They replaced the stitches with skin-colored band-aid-like strips; not too swift looking. Women with long hair can easily hide these, but us short-haired guys can't. They're designed to come off in the shower in 4-7 days. Meantime I'm to avoid any strenuous activity or jerky head motions. I still have a few discolorations: a red one under one eye and a blue-green one on my neck, but these are getting less noticeable every day, and can be easily covered with makeup.

I'm currently 7 months post-op. The facelift...

I'm currently 7 months post-op. The facelift continues to look very good. Some small areas of reduced touch sensitivity remain just in front of the ears, but it gets gradually better month after month. All in all a worthwhile experience.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

The only negative comment I have is that the young woman who removed my stitches was not very thorough, as she missed about 6 pieces.