lifestyle lift is a horrible,painful experience ! do not use it - San Ramon, CA

The only 'con' that I have to say is that...

The only 'con' that I have to say is that it is cheaper than the usual facelift.

It is the most painful experience I ever went thru with 15+ needles being jammed in your face after you've only had 30mg of Valium, 1 Darvocette and a pill for nausea. They gave me 15 minute 'for the meds to work' before they started shooting needles in my face & carving on me! I could feel everything!. When I asked for pain medication, it was ignored [even though the brochure said 'you will be kept comfortable & pain free during the procedure'... My results were horrible! I had some 'turkey waddle' under my chin, and also wanted my neck tightened up at the same time. The 'waddle' is still there, as is the loose skin on my neck. It has been 4 weeks since the procedure on Sept. 18th,2010, and I have 'ropey' tissue under my chin, both jaws hurt like crazy and the cuts in front and behind my ears are still oozing blood and fluid.

I am a Nurse and had a 'regular face lift' [where they put you out], and it was such a beautiful job it lasted me 20 years! [unfortunately this Doc. has retired or I would have gone back to him].

I am now having to make appt.'s to see other Plastic Surgeons to see what they can do 'with this mess' that Lifestyle Lift has left me, so that when I see L.L. [on my next appt.] I can try to salvage some of the cost from them that going to a new Dr. is going to cost me. I will not let allow them them to touch my face again with more needles to 'try and repair their damage'...no way!!!

If you are thinking of LifeStyle Life...Don't!!! Save your money and your face the horrible pain it will go thru. ..Horrible, horrible experience all the way around....Please...Do Not Go To LifeStyle Lift, it is a total Scam and Unsafe!!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

As to Dr. G he was unsympathetic, rushed, and I felt like 'a piece of meat' he was working on. He was totally defensive when I tried to explain the awfulness of the procedure and how 'uncared for' that I felt by him as a patient~ he acted like he just didn't want to hear about it.

Hey Jellybeano, and thanks for keeping up with the hard fight. I do hope that you get something out of LSL. The only thing I received was a letter indicating that I needed a "Different Kind of Doctor" insinuating that I needed a shrink. They never came through for me with any kind of refund, not even an I am sorry, NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING! I had to pay for my own redo and I completely agree with everything that you have posted above. Not only has one woman DIED, but 3 that I know of. And thats the ones that are known. I wonder how many have been hospitalized from secondary infections, etc. And not only that, did you know that no one oversees the operating rooms. They do not operate in a gram negative room, the door to the OR I was in was open to the hall the entire time I was being sliced open with people popping in and out of the room. Not sterile at all. I hope that you are able to get something done for yourself. The lawyers that I spoke with said "I could win the lawsuit" and still wind up owing the lawyers money for litigation. For any person considering this surgery, please take the time to get a 2nd opinion from a Board Certified Independent Facial Plastic Surgeon. Compare apples to apples and remember, you only have one face. In the words of one of LSL's own surgeons: "BUYER BEWARE". Best, Chrystal Eckes
THE ONLY POSITIVE COMMENTS ON HERE ARE FROM LSL STAFF, FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS, AVOID AT ANY COST, PAY A LITTLE MORE YOUR FACE AND BODY DESERVES IT!!

Dear JacFlash, please post again in 6 months to a year. Many problems do not present themselves until that time such as the lift reverting to the original status quo and nerve damage etc. I do hope that this is not the case for you. It would be a shame to have to repost negative results. Best, Chrystal Eckes

LSL is amazing.....I feel sorry for those above who did not do well with it but I am so over joyed! I look yrs younger and Dr. Keni did an amazing job! I highly reccommend this lift to all. JacMcNeiley
It is now 2012 and many posts here are from 2009. I must say, I had the procedure 2 wks ago and am progressing fine. Besides some swelling and tightness, a little bunching I am optimistic. The swelling has just about disappeared, minimal bruising now and the bunching and tightness improve daily. My procedure was done in Downer's Grove by Dr. Kiney. I found him and the staff to be very receptive and comforting. I am thrilled with my results and am not 100% yet. I feel bad for those who had a negative experience. JacFlash
After listening to New Reflections Voice of America AND after reading all of these reviews I AM CANCELING MY CONSULTATION FOR NEXT WEEK RIGHT NOW and will seek a qualified (and sure that it will be more expensive) doctor to work with and make a decision. The scary part is that they found evidence that the 'positive' reviews may be Lifestyle Lift personnel...
That is the best thing you could do for yourself....DO NOT GO AT ALL....then you will not have the nightmares we all have.....BJ
I realize that how each of us who lived through this escaped death. I just had surgery in a real hospital, and the pre-op tests and pre-cautions should have been the same for the horrific LSL I had. MY spinal surgery hurt less than the LSL!
Isn't it the truth! I wonder if the true numbers will ever show up????
Tamar, good idea! But, think of all the MILLIONS of $$$ LSL is pumping into the prime-time commercial slots plus the periods of time usually know to older people as "gotta get some sleep", 2 - 4 am and they run hours and hours of infomercials. Target marketing. I guess we should also use the old saying if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
For some reason I just found this review about Judy...Has she called our Attorney with the States attorneys office from Florida. I am sure he would like to hear from her..
We all had this experience and my neck is also deformed just as hers is.
Judy please contact one of us on face book. Let us hear from you we will get back to you. BJ
I think that all women should be happy with who and what they look like. These procedures were never meant to even exist because God did not create this, man did. Look, if you want to lose the sagging skin under your neck check out you-tube and type in "how to lose the turkey neck under your neck". It will show you how to exercise the fat and skin under your neck.NATURALLY! Please don't fall for the okie-dokie they show on TV infomercials. Its all lies and the government allows it to air even if they knew it was a scam. Its all about the benjamins with companies like these. And also if you want to look younger, spend money on facials and the air brush make up machine to look younger. And its alot cheaper then paying $5,000-$7,000 of your money. Now thats real confidence. EAT THAT LIFT STYLE LIFT!
I was thinking about doing this because of the ads of being comfortable and you can go right back to work. I am horrified at the photos and the death of the young lady. So sorry for your loss and thankful you shared your story. I will NOT be doing this procedure and just be thankful for my life and those who love me for what I look like.
Thank you all for your opinions....cancelling my idea to go! Think i'll love myself as i am.
Happy New Year to everyone!
I also had a partial facelift and laser performed by Dr. Gray in San Ramon around the first part of August. DO NOT GO TO LIFESTYLE LIFT!! I was not able to attend a wedding 3 weeks after surgery. My face looked horrible. Dr. Gray said that I could just use more make-up. My blood pressure shot up during the procedures and Dr. Gray kept yelling me that I "needed to calm down." I told him I was trying to but the pain was excruciating. He appeared to get very angry and told his nurse to give me some blood pressure medicine as my BP had went very high. (I COULD HAVE DIED!!) He finally quit with the laser and stomped out of the room. After my six week checkup, I complained about the wrinkles (which I did not have before) in front of my ears, the 1 1/2 inch scar on my lower neck, the redness on my neck & the blood that I kept getting from my right ear (which I did not have before) - Dr. Gray told me that I would have to come back so he could finish the laser treatment, that the scar was caused by their wrapping (a blister had formed) and he had no idea why I would have blood in my right ear. (I personally think he cut to deep behind my ear.) I also still have a ropey looking scar under my chin and behind my right ear. This has been since August - 5 months with no improvement except there is no more blood from my ear. I need to go back to finish the laser but am so fearful of the pain and what else Lifestyle will do to make me look worse. I borrowed money to have this procedure done and can not borrow anymore - over $7,000. I have been so embarrassed and angry about my face & neck (even refusing to get my dental check-up until just recently - I could not wait any longer). Thank goodness it has been cold so I usually wear a scarf to hide my neck. Please think twice about having this procedure done. I also saw the wonderful pictures of "after" and was very impressed. Don't believe anything of what you hear when they tell you how wonderful you will look "after". I thought I had done my homework on Lifestyle Lift & Dr. Gray. WHAT A FOOL!!!

finnaly got
Just reading the website it sounds like a lot of the problems were with this one doctor, Dr. Grey. I'm wondering if there are other doctors there that would do a better job? I guess my point is that you can run into a bad doctor anywhere, in any profession....he sounds like a quack. But I can't believe all the doctors at this location are that bad. But who am I to say? I haven't had a procedure there.
Definitly NOT worth it!!! I had this procedure done in 2007. Was very painful, & felt like a herd of cattle getting branded.

And the part about going back to work the next day...what a joke!!!!

I opted to have my eyelids done, as well as my face. The pain med was not strong enough...the 'doctor' kept having to inject more pain med into my eylids as he was slicing the skin to do my eye surgery. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING!! I cannot believe I did not pass out!

I was not happy with the facial part of it either. The shape of my face is sooo different...goes from east to west more than north to south, if that makes any sense.

When I went back to have stitches removed, the only person there was a male nurse in scubs. He had no idea why I was there! Needless to say...my husband removed all my stitches!!!

This is all I feel I can do to warn other women of this..if you opt to do this...your choice. If I had it do do over again, I would go to a reputable plastic surgeon in your area, not affiliated with this...it will be more expensive-but worth it!

I had laser, and face lift Oct 5, 2010, in Atlanta. Dr W did my surgery, and I must tell you that she did an EXCELLENT job. I have no regrets, and it saddens me that I read such degrading posts from all over the country about Lifestyle Lifts....you should have come to Atlanta!

I am from Atlanta, and they are NO better here! In my consult for a redo by a Dr. that I will not name but from the Atlanta office; "I do not have the expertise to fix what has been done to you." Now, how do you think that made me feel.
They sure did make a big deal of telling me that they only used only the best of the best, cream of the crop, top of the class. If that is the best of the best, I wonder what the worst they have to offer? In so far as negative comments, only the truth hurts. Chrystal
I hope you sent all that information to our Attorney General that is working on our cases. I understand he is also working with other AG in other States....You have to send letters and all info so you can get help...Let me hear from you. BJ
Dear Virginia,
...What can I say?...except I am so sorry for your loss in your sister's death... That is why, after having this horrible surgery, which I expected to be a 'happy thing' and look like the 'after pixs' that they have going..that is why I am fighting like crazy to have L.L. account for all their awful 'screw up's' with Doc's who don't care and /or have absolutely no experience in Plastic Surgery...
Your sister did not have to die. Did you sue L.L. and or the Doc who did the procedure? You should have, as it totally and unsafe procedure... I am a Nurse and my Doc totally B.S.'ed me saying: "oh, I have alot of Nurses having this done" and also when I mention that I worked at Summit Medical Center..he said: "Oh yes, I worked the ER at Summit".. I learned later that all of what he said to me was total B.S. just to get me to "sign on the dotted line".... That's all L.L. cares about...$$$$$
not you, your loved ones, ...they could care less... it's all about the almighty dollar with them.
I told them last week: #1] you have to have a Pre=Op for every patient having L.L. done [blood work, EKG,a note from their primary Doc,saying this patient is OK for this procedure; and #2] change your 'conscious sedation to an IV with Versed and Demerol or other IV drug and have a licensed RN/LVN assisting the Doc to take vital signs often throughout the surgery.
Again, Virginia... there are no words to say how sorry I am for your loss...
I hope you wrote to the head of L.L. and told him all this... This didn't have to be, if they were following protocol and she was bound too tight, unable to move when she aspirated... so,so sad..and I am, again, so profoundly sorry for your and her dear children's loss.... sincerely, judy [jellybeano]
My sister had this done 2 years ago. She called me after the procedure and said it was extremely painful--not at all something you would have done over your lunch break and go back to work. She took her pain med as ordered. She had her follow-up apt. the next day and the Dr. said she looked good. She took a nap in a recliner after her apt. and was dead about 20 minutes later. The coroners report said she aspirated on her own vomit. It may have been because the binder around her head and chin was to tight and she was sedated, but that is what happened. She left 2 teenagers ages 14 and 15 who thought she was beautiful and didn't want her to have the procedure. If you have this done, take someone with you until the binder is off and you are no longer taking pain med. I am so sorry I did not go with her. I thought it was local anesthetic and safe. Virginia Bober
I am practically in shock and so very sorry for your loss. I know God led me to this website late last night. I had a consultation yesterday and was so excited. I was eager to call this morning and schedule the LSL in San Ramon with Dr. Hicks. So eager that I planned on having it in about 2 weeks. My heart was pounding while reading everyone's stories and I knew there was no way I would take the risk. I showed my husband this site and the Yelp site and he was horrified. Thank you so much for sharing. Thank you, thank you.
I am so sorry about your lose Virgina.I see this was written in 12/2010 I am so surprised that I did not see it as I have been a big advocate about LSL and so are a lot of us women that bonded together under a private face book page called unhappy life style lifts.
We did that in order to hopefully help someone else from making the same mistake we all did. Sweetie Tweetie you made a good decision.
Thank you for expressing all of your (our) concerns about the practices they are using such as monitoring of / taking of blood pressure, the pain from the shots and the pain from the procedure itself. I agree with you completely about Pre-Op tests and blood work and also contacting patients regular physician(s) to see if the person is really medically up to having the LSL "surgery" done, especially people that have high blood pressure, heart problems, and other medical problems and the interaction of medications. I am surprised to hear that they actually sent someone from corporate office to speak with you, that is new and different, I have never heard of anyone else having that happen. I hope that you do get compensated for your problems from the procedure and hopefully you will heal fast and without further complications. For any one that is considering a LSL, please take the time to get a 2nd opinion from a ABCPS in private practice being sure to compare apples to apples. Best, Chrystal