Just BOOBIES... (No Lipo, Read from 1.9.13 down)

Hey!!.. I'm Jenna, and after being a member of...

Hey!!.. I'm Jenna, and after being a member of this website for about a year I finally decided to start writing about my experience. I have wanted a "boob job" sense I was around 14 and would wear 2 bras to school, thankfully I grew out of that but I still wear padded bras and won't buy them unless they have enough padding (idk what "enough" is but when bra shopping I squeeze them to see if its "enough").

I am now 22 5'1-5'2 and 107Ibs, fairly active (gym 4-6 times a week 1hr of cardio and weight training). I am looking at going for a D, POSSIBLY DD (VS sizes) silicone, under muscle, with an inframmary incision. I have had 2 consultations so far and I have 2 more the next two weeks. My first consultations were fine, nothing against the doctors but they are located in a wealthy area and I am a part time student, and work part time so spending that kind of money doesn't appeal to me. I have decided to start looking for doctors (ALL board certified plastic surgeons) in other are areas that are within driving distance but less pricy.

I am VERY nervous about being put under because I have never had any surgery before.. uggh. Oh well.. it will be well worth it :) My biggest fears so far have been 1. coming up with the money, 2. being put under, and 3. If any unexpected expenses come out of this how I will be able to afford them (bad capsular contracture, a popped implant, ect.) and 4. choosing the "perfect" size, this I have been driving myself INSANE over I am actually doing the rice test right now (300cc's 10 oz. of rice in the foot part of a nylon) and I like the size but not the shape which is to be expected because a nylon stretches and the silicone shell does not lol

I think that enough for now but I will add more after my consultation on Tuesday!!
OH one last thing.. Im planning on doing a BA and Lipo at the same time so my prices may be a bit off because certain things (OR time, anesthesia, ect.) are not charged for both.

You're smart to take all those variables into account. You might want to consider care credit or getting a small personal loan to help finance your augmentation, or just save up and put off the gratification (which isn't nearly as fun, I know).

Being put under is a breeze. :0)

Capsular contracture is a well known possible complication, so I'm glad you're thinking about that.

Here's what some doctors have to say about choosing the right implant size for you.

Please let us know how your upcoming consultations go. You can go to the doctor finder link at the top of the page to find surgeons in your area.

Yea thats what I thought, but I've tried on the sizers at a few dr offices and I like up to 350cc. Which with my amount of breast tissue I think would make me a full D- small DD. Those appointments were almost a year ago tho so I have a consultation with another dr. tomorrow so ill re asses my situation. Thank you for the advise!!! Ill let you know how it goes!
Picking a size is so hard! Lol!

Sooo.. Yesterday I had a consultation with a PS in...

Sooo.. Yesterday I had a consultation with a PS in Palo Alto (its about 1 hr and a half from my house) and he was a really really nice man!! I felt comfortable with him and his office staff was really nice too. While we were discusing implants he was very attentive and seemed to be listening to my goals which was great, but I went to see him in the first place because I like his liposuction work and was amazed at how much he could take out of patients who are my size, but he kept trying to talk me out of lipo by telling me I just need to get my body fat down... This frustrated the hell out of me (I almost started crying) because Lipo is my last resort, I workout 5-7 times a week for about 1.5 hours and eat very healthy!! So I dont know what that was about but it was very frustrating for me. The other thing is that hes an hour and 15 away from my house, that means driving home from there after surgery (prob. in traffic which will make the drive 2 hours+) and then driving back down there for my post-op appointments :/ His prices were also a little steep, ($7,340 for silicone, and then another $5,530 for the lipo of flanks and lower abdomen) I understand I shouldnt "bargen shop" but I am 22 years old and a total of $11,500 for the combined procedures is a little much... BUT on the bright side I have another consultation with a PS thats 5 min from my house on Tuesday so im looking forward to that :)

Any thoughts on talking prices down with PS? I posted a question for the doctors on here and they ALL say they encourage negotiation and it isnt considered "rude" but I have no clue on how to even start a conversation about the price.
Hi girl- how's the doc "interviewing" going? Have you chosen a doc?
lol its going alright... Super frustrating tho :/ Maybe it's because I'm somewhat on a budget because I only work part time and I'm a part time student.. Ive figured that I can afford $9500 (for both BA and Lipo) but I could stretch that about another 1,000 if I HAVE to... My next consultation is on Tuesday so we'll see how that goes :)
Where do you want to have the Lipo done? Your stats seem like you are tiny, are you comfortable posting pics?

Thought I'd do a quick update, I asked the office...

Thought I'd do a quick update, I asked the office assistant at the Dr in Palo Alto if they were still honoring the discount from on RealSelf (she hadnt factored that into the quote I recieved on Tuesday 10/30) and the doctor agreed to give me the BA form $6935 (still silicone) :):):) YAY!! SOOO that will make my price go from around $11,500 to about $10,500 so thats nice :)

Also, I will try to post pictures this weekend :)
yea Ive been meaning to post pix... and dont get me wrong im very small, but my stomach, love handles, and (still dont know if I should get this area done) armpit/ upper bra roll, have ALWAYS been stubborn thanks to genetics. Even with targeting those areas at the gym I loose weight in my legs, arms, and face!! SOO FRUSTRATING especially when pants are constently fitting in the waist but too baggy in the legs, or fit in the legs but wont button.. and I feel like I constantly have to position my bra band to hide the roll, or pull my pants over my stomach when I sit so it wont create a buldge... but to answer your question I will post pictures sometime this weekend :)

So I added pictures finally!! and I'm Very...

So I added pictures finally!! and I'm Very frustrated with the comments I've been receiving, because I am writing about both BA and Lipo ill address both.
LIPO- I would not have turned to lipo if it wasn't my LAST resort. As I have already said I'm perfectly healthy, at my goal weight, and have a steady workout schedule. Lipo is not meant to LOOSE weight (ask any doctor) so that is NOT my goal. I simply want to TONE the areas that genetics have taken over (stomach, flanks and bra roll) both mom and dads side of the family have had excess "fat" in these areas.

BA- I have plenty of breast tissue, I know this. However, I would like a more full look to my breasts, thats it.

My money situation has also been a topic of discussion which, I don't think is anyone else's business. But to clear things up, I have no current debt, and have calculated the amount of money I will need to save before the procedure and how much money I will need monthly for payments, as well as the amount of money I will need to have on hand for any unexpected complications.

Don't get me wrong I am extremely thankful for everyone's concerns. But I have tried everything I can and I feel like I'm being more attacked for wanting to improve my body for my OWN reasons, just like everyone else on this site has.
Just wanted to say I support you! I know that no matter what diet/exercise you do it's hard to lose weight in certain areas. I'm proof of that. :) im a nutritionist and a gym rat...after having my kids i did lose weight at first doing everything pp said you should but then stalled. No matter what I did my problem areas wouldn't change. So bottom line, do what makes you happy. :)
Thank You for your support!! Cant tell you how much I appreciate it!! How had the first week (plus a little bit) of healing been?
First couple of days I was really sore and had to roll off the couch/bed to get up. But now I'm feeling almost 100%. Still sore but only when I bump into something or the kids hug too tight. Little bit of bruising still. The compression garments are awful. wish I had done my inner thighs but that's not going to happen. Can't wait until 6-12 months for final results. Best of luck.

Heyy Ladies!! I just had another consultation this...

Heyy Ladies!! I just had another consultation this morning, and he is AMAZING!! Never knew I would feel so comfortable and calm during a consultation (maybe im just getting used to stripping down and having people pinch and poke me lol) but normally im a nervous wreck and im not sure why lol. ANYWAYS, the consultation was with Dr. Steven Williams in Dublin and (compaired to the other PS ive seen) he was by far the best! His offices are in a NEW building with VERY nice assistants they were all very welcoming as soon as I walked in. The Dr first came in and introduced himself and asked me about my goals for both BA and Lipo. Then he had me change into a gown and he said he would come back with the patient coordinator (Tiffany, very sweet woman despite some reviews I have read). I changed, they came back in with the camera and took a few quick pictures (3) and talked about the areas and my skin elacticity (spelling?) and then he had me change back into my clothes. He came back alone and he asked ME if I had any ?'s (first dr that has asked me that suprisingly) and me being very thorough I had a typed list of ?'s for him (ladies, definatly asked how many revisons of his OWN work he has done) that question shocked him and I think earned me brownie points ;)... anyways after we went through my list we went into Tiffany's office and discussed prices (UGH). My boyfriend and I sat down and she pulled out the quote sheet (not itemized which I presonally dont mind because it listed what was covered, everything except for prescriptions) the price was higher than most (because he is willing to take on my armpit area) so it started at $12,400 (YIKES I know!) but then they brought it down to $12,000 (Still high but if you look at it, its including another area of lipo for $1,500) BUT, he is also 15 min. (with hitting every red light) from my house which makes everything WAY easier :) the only thing we didnt do was try on sizers, which I also dont mind because I already know what look im going for, and a range of sizes, plus thats more important at the pre-op appt anyways :)

So, I just e-mailed the patient coordinator from...

So, I just e-mailed the patient coordinator from Dr. Williams office (where I had a consult. today) and she informed me that the Dr. doesn't use post-op (surgical) bras just a sports bra or top with a built in "shelf" bra... would it be a good idea for me to buy one on my own?
I wouldn't worry about other peoples opinions, you know your body, and what is right for you! My surgery is Nov 26th. I'm still undecided on size, 410s or 445s silicone teardrops. I am also having a cresent lift. My total cost is almost 13000!!! Its a lot to spend, but I know it will be worth every penny! :))
You look great. I got mine not to long ago right after my 19th BD. I was a 32A..I am now a D. I dont have to buy padded bras anymore. I love the fact i can fill a bra and bikini top. I went with Saline, Contoured style, under the muscle. I used to wear 2 bras too when I was younger. I started looking into and researching my implants when I was 18yrs. It took me about a year to go ahead and get them. Although, I wanted bigger boobs, more fuller althrough growing up. I saved my money all through HS. It paid off. I was so happy when I got them.
I had my BA on 10/31 and I've been wearing the VSX knockout zip front bra. It's amazing if you need one!

HEYY!! Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL...

HEYY!! Hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!... Just thought id update a little bit, because I havent in what seems like forever!!.. As of now im still waiting on my LAST (hopefully) consultation on Dec. 14th with Dr. Mariotti.. Pretty sure I am going with Dr. Mariotti because ALL of his pictures on the website look GREAT and, I have had family members go to him and they all RAVE about his personallity AND work... hate to say it but his prices are not SUUPER high either :D Ill post again after my consult.!!

OH, and the price I have given was my quote from Dr. Williams, not Dr. Mariotti.
I was wondering if you saw Mariotti yet. I had my BA last week on the 28th. I was SO freaked out that morning. He was absolutely amazing! He made me feel so comfortable and I can saw I have not had ANY pain! I was sore on day 2 but after the soreness went away it just felt tight. I didn't have any brusing which is pretty incredible since I bruise so easily. I was out shopping and out to dinner on day 3. I still can't believe how easy this was. He had me moving my arms up and messaging on day one which I was pretty scared about, but by day 2/3 I had full range of motion, and the boobies are super soft from messaging :) can't wait to hear how your consult went. Oh and also their "care credit" is 0% interest for 12 months. Some other consults were only 6 months...
HEY!! I havent seen him yet but I have an appt for next friday :) I have heard (from my cousin and aunt) that the pain was minimal for the most part AND my cousin was back at work with me only a few days later! Thats good to hear that you had NO bruising be I tend to bruise easily as well! I am also FREAKED OUT about the surgery! UGH.. I have never had any type of surgery (the closest would have to be getting a filling with novicane lol) Im glad to hear they have the 12 month plan with CC :) my cousin's friend just got a BA from Dr Mariotti too and said silicone was $6,000?!? Which is awesome for a 22 yr old full time student working only part time lol :) I am VERY excited for the consult if you cant already tell (been waiting sense mid Nov) How long did you have to go without a bra for?
Yeah, I just had a normal BA with silicone unders and it was 6389.00. Pretty good pricing! Going braless was one of my concerns, because I have NEVER gone braless before! I thought I would feel really weird but supprisingly it feels good. I can't imagine having to wear a bra I think it would be uncomfortable with my stitches in the crease etc. I asked him yesterday at my 1st post op appt and he said not until they drop more around 3 weeks. Wearing a bra defeats the purpose of helping the drop in place. Which makes since now. But he did say if I were going out and wanted more coverage I could were a cami with a built in shelf bra under my shirt. I'm fine with just wearing sweatshirts though. Glad I got it done this time of year :)

I just had my consultation with Dr. Mariotti in...

I just had my consultation with Dr. Mariotti in Concord and OMG! He is amazing! Not only are his prices $2000-$3000 LESS than many of the other doctors I have visited (without sacrificing ANY of the results) he is really nice and made me feel like this IS my decision and discussed ALL of the pros and cons thoroughly and I have decided to skip on getting my upper bra roll done which is fine with me for now... Needless to say I think I found my PS... Now I just need to crunch the numbers and see WHEN I can get this done.. HOPEFULLY still sometime in late May/ early June!!!
Hey just thought i'd update and let you know I think I'm going with Dr Mariotti :)

SO I have decided to NOT get the Lipo, SO My total...

SO I have decided to NOT get the Lipo, SO My total cost for my BA will be $6,398.00 :) NOW I just need to set the date :) April sometime perhaps?... Still going with Dr. Mariotti in Concord CA :) I am more confused than EVER about sizing tho :/ I need to bring a Full Coverage bra of the brand I will most likely be wearing after the surgery in my ideal size.. I wear VS and their sizes run a little big (they seem to think im a 32D already!!... good JOKE because I barely fill out a 34B!).. so im going between a 32D, 32DD and a 34D... HELP?!
Congratulations Jenna! I think the doctor should make the final decision on the cc based on your goal photos. I ended up going with dr. Williams and had my procedure 3 weeks ago today. I am thrilled with the results so far!
I'm not sure if this will help, but we are almost identical in size, granted I had way less breast tissue than you to start with, but I went with a small implant 265 CC and I am measuring so far at a 34C. Not sure if that's helpful or not, but check out my profile and pictures if that gives you any guidance. From my experience, I would be a little conservative on sizing because with someone as petite as you a small implant will go a really long way. Hope that helps and good luck!
THANKS!! that helps a lot! I THINK a 32-34d wouuld be perfect.. so maybe around 325-350cc? What profile did you go with? My doctor is reccomending HP so I know that they will project more than mod. ect profile

I decided to remove my current pictures but will...

I decided to remove my current pictures but will take new ones later :)
I am so excited for you! I am glad you are at a comfortable price point $$! Expense later would SUCK! Can't wait to see your new pictures of your befores! LOL I laughed when I read your post about the victoria secret girls thinking you were a 32D already!! I am excited to follow your journey, keep us posted, I am a Jenna too! Good luck to a Jenna, from a Jenna! :D
Aww we'll thanks Jenna! Lol yea VS has great bras but whoever is teaching them how to measure is an idiot! Lol I will keep you posted!!
Have you picked a surgery date yet?! So excited for you!! I would try on different sizes at your doc's office AND show him/her the size/look you are going for .. I brought my iPad in to show my doc a pic on his website lol! Btw, I wish I went I went bigger .. Everyone I know says the same thing. Thankfully I went with 457's .. I originally was planning on going with 425's. Have a boobalicious day!!!! :)

UGGH So I went to VS yesterday because I bought a...

UGGH So I went to VS yesterday because I bought a full coverage 32DD to bring to the dr appt where I pick the CCs and try on sizers.. and I tried it on just out of curiosity and it FREAKED me out how big it was on me (I know its 1. full coverage and im used to demi bras, and 2. I had nothing to fill it so thats probly why it felt soo big) BUT I brought it back to VS to see if I could return the 32DD and buy a 34D thats on sale and IDK what happened to me but I just ended up starring at a 32D, 34D and the 32DD that I thought I wanted to return, I got so overwhelmed and ended up keeping the 32DD I started out with lol.. I just dont know why this overwhelms me soo much, maybe its because I have SOO much time between now and April? Did anyone else have this issue before they finally selected their size?
Hey girl, good idea to bring the brand of bra you usu. wear to the doctors- but the trick is after you take it to the "sizers appt", you return it since you have no clue what size you will be once your done- Usu. it'll be around 3 months before you can wear a regular bra and even then you want to be careful about how much you spend on bras b/c your boobs keep changing. I am going to say 6 months is a safe max. time frame. So its good to try to plan for those things, but it doesn't always work out. You might find after implants that the bra you purchase looks funny on. Bras fit implant boobs different. I wanted to mention in case if noonelse has....you are looking at a 32DD  VS bra. Are you sure you want them that big considering how much you work out? Some girls regret going to big and with your tiny frame I thought i should at least bring it up. Dont get stuck on "size" but rather what looks proportional/good on you.
Jenna, you probably ARE a 32 D. I know a D sounds like "big boobs" but most women are wearing the wrong size, so we all have this misconception of what a D looks like. I used to wear a 32 D pre-op and my boobs looked no better than Bs. I could also wear a 30 DD. I was technically a 28 E! Try the online bra calculator: A Sophisticated Pair or look up Linda the bra lady's calculator on Google. Now I can wear a 30 F or 28 FF. You've seen my new boobs, they do not look like F cups! The support comes from the band. When you go down a band size, you go up a cup size, so a 32 D is way smaller than, say, a 36 D. Most women wear the wrong band because they add 4 or 5 inches to their ribcage measurement. What you should do is measure snugly around your ribcage, then loosely around your bust without a bra on. Then subtract your bust from ribcage measurement. Say your ribcage is 28 inches and bust is 35 inches. The difference is 7 inches. So you are a 28 F (A=1, B=2, etc). Based on your before photos, which I can't see anymore, I'd say you could fit perfectly in a 30 E (aka DDD) pre-op. So after surgery you will definitely not be a 32 DD when correctly measured. I'd focus more on the look you want than the bra size. A DD or D on a correctly measured band is not very big! I have done a lot of research about bra sizing and have fitted all of my friends. The correct bra is so important. Nordys does do a pretty good job of fitting, although they don't carry band sizes below 30. Hope this made some sense?
So, I replied to this about an hour ago and JUST saw that nothing posted >:( BUT... I know im a C at best because I have air between my boob and the cup on a D but this WAS helpful thank you for explaining it so well!! I had a friend get implants and before I saw her after surgery she told me she was an F I freaked out because she is about 99 pounds! But when I saw her she looked like a D to me lol.. CRAZY how this stuff works!!