Subcision and Laser Genesis for Acne Scars - San Ramon, CA

I had my first subcision and laser genesis...

I had my first subcision and laser genesis treatment today at a dermatologist office. I had deep acne scars (combination of ice pick and boxcar) for over 10 years on my forehead and cheeks. These scars have caused me to hide from mirrors and sun light.
I was nervous about the subcision since it's entitled inserting a needle into my face to release the skin from tissue. But the procedure was painless because the staff did a wonderful job in numbing and icing my face first. It feels likes tiny pinches where the needle was inserted. I did bleed at some of the area where the needle was inserted but the nurse put pressure on the area and the bleeding stopped with 5 minutes. I'm writing this review 4 hours after the procedure and I am starting to see the bruises which I expected. I'm the type of person who bruise easily even though I stopped taking my vitamin E pills and eating fish for the last 2 weeks.

After the subcision, I did the laser genesis to boost the collagen and reduce my pores size. The laser genesis is basically a heated red light passing through your face. My face was still a little numb from my subcision during my laser treatment so I didn't feel any discomfort. It was actually very soothing and comfortable. I could smell my skin heated up. My face was a pinkish afterward and I was given SPF to apply to my face before leaving the office.

The whole procedure took about an hour. 20 minutes for numbing, 20 minutes for subcision and 20 minutes for laser genesis.

I am happy with the service from the dermatologist office. The staff that I saw all have beautiful facial complexion. I think the Doctor is taking care of his staff too :)

I'll post my progress with the treatment. I still have one more subcision and two laser genesis treatments as recommended to see result.

About 3 weeks after the 1st treatment...

The bruising from the subcision are finally gone after 2 1/2 weeks. I would say the scars improved about 50% and the skin texture is smoother on my forehead only. The rolling and pit scars on my cheeks didn't change at all. My cheek is more uneven then ever because I breakout with lots of whitehead 3 days after the procedure. I had two or three acne on my cheek before the procedure but now I'm just confuse where are these whitehead come from. These are stubborn whiteheads that will not go away. I was hoping after my bruising subsided the whitehead will go away too but nope, it still here and more noticeable. I'm waiting for another 2-3 weeks to see if there is any improvement on my breakout before I decide if I want to continue the recommended treatment (which is one more subcision and 2 more laser genesis).
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

I drove an hour and half to get to this dermatologist because of it's glowing review on Yelp. And the review on Yelp are legit on their services. Dr. Ting explained the process of my treatment and answered all the questions I had. The staff were very caring and always smiling. The procedure rooms are clean and nicely arrange. I love their ice packs ("Helping Hand" - very Cute).

So glad you took the time to share, I know the feeling of hiding from sunlight and mirrors..I also have deep rolling scars from cystic acne. I am totally interested in doing the subcision one day...just a bit nervous! I am going to follow your progress, hoping you post photos, would live to see :0) Good Luck!