Unsure? - San Juan, PR

Hello ladies. Like everyone else, I've been on...

Hello ladies. Like everyone else, I've been on this site DAILY since I found it. I'm 30 years old and have been wanting a TT since I had my first daughter(I have 2 now)I've waited this long (10 yrs) because I knew I wanted to have another child and needed to save up for it. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the day I no longer have to worry about this horrible belly. It's so bad I don't even let my husband see me without a shirt on! I am healthy, don't have any weight issues. I work out at least 3 times a week BUT as you all know NO amount of excercises will help with tummy! I'M SICK of it. I want to start enjoying myself again. My husband is supportive. I already had my consult. Dr seemed ok. He seemed a little rushed, wish I had more time with him. He is one of the best in the island. My worry is that I go through with it and am still not happy with the result. Surgeon said he would not be able to remove all of my stretch marks. Which is a huge concern for me. I would like to be able to wear a 2 piece bikini after spending $8,400 for this procedure. And I'm just scared of the recovery process. I've NEVER had any surgery. I had a natural delivery for both my girls and was out of the hosp the next day! My surgery is tentatively scheduled for 7/10/13. I thank all of you for sharing your stories it really helps!!!!

My ps said the same to me. I'm ok with not all stretch marks being gone, but most of them will be and trust me I have a lot. Good luck everything will be fine. If he is the best n you seen his results then all will be ok!!

Ok so I scheduled a 2nd consult with the dr I'm...

Ok so I scheduled a 2nd consult with the dr I'm planning on going with. So on May 14th I will make my final decision if I will go with this doc or just wait till I move back to Florida next year. I want to make sure I'm comfortable with the doc I choose. I will post a pic soon of this ooooggglllyyy belly! Lol. Any signs of what to look out for or questions to ask the doc??????? Thanks ladies!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Anyone opted out for not having the MR? I would...

Anyone opted out for not having the MR? I would like to opt out. I don't think I need it, but not sure. The ladies that have opted out seem like the recovery process has been a breeze? Any advice?????

Questions to ask your tummy tuck doctor Use this checklist of tummy tuck questions during your consultation. •Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? •Were you specifically trained in the field of plastic surgery? •How many years of plastic surgery training have you had? •Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals? •Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified? •Am I a good candidate for this procedure? •What will be expected of me to get the best results? •Where and how will you perform my procedure? •What surgical technique is recommended for me? •How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery? •What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure? •How are complications handled? •How can I expect my stomach to look over time? After pregnancy? •What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my tummy tuck? •Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
I will send you a list of questions that i have, that you can ask your PS.
Im not opting out cus i really need it LOL. My babies did a number on me.

My before pics

Hi and thank you for your sweet comments! Have you made your decision yet? I really liked my ps immediately so it wasn't hard decision. I also thought I didn't need muscle repair but the ps said yes.. and it ended up being very extensive.. so I'm glad I listened to him or I would not have the results I do. You may not need it, but I would take the advice of ps. It was the same with lipo.. I didn't have much fat but needed it on my flanks. My stretch marks went all the way up to breast bone and although I still have them they are tight and flat so I'm good with that. They do show more in person.. so be prepared that any above your bb WILL still be there.. but having that flatness really makes them look better! I have no regrets! The recovery wasn't easy for me but I'm nearly 50.. I've seen young women bounce back quick.. and it goes so fast anyway. good luck and keep us posted.

5 more days!

The countdown begins!

hi, we had tt on same day, and i hope you are ok! mine was a tad more complex due to right upper quadrant henia repair. that area is most painful for me. it is first day i have lap top out, so i can write. i will try to post more on my site. when you can, let us know how you are doing. good luck to you!
HELLO BABE, I read your comments, and I think that you spend too much money, here in Santo Domingo tete would do all that for half or as US5, 000, and there are several recovery homes with nurses to your order, and you get three meals a day and also massage as US40.00 leaving because they think and come better Dominican Rep, here on RealSelf Dominicans I have seen several doctors who make a body of dreams
You will be unhappy with the results if you opt out of the mr. The worst part is the first three days and then you just have to go easy, but you can work back into your regular life. If you are going to spend the money, then I would do the complete tt. You will be so happy you did, and you won't be wishing you had done it a month down the road. And pay to do it again.

Bump in the road

Is this what a spitting stitch looks like or is it just the incision opening?????

hi is that doctor in puerto rico?
oh i saw the title thank you for saying it i wanted to have some fillers done for smile lines with him but now i would not go to him
Yep mine had that as well and that's what he said spitting if a stitch ;)
Dr. Antonio Busquets