Ultherapy Side Effects - San Jose, CA

It has been one week since I had total neck and...

It has been one week since I had total neck and face ultherapy treatment. My dermatologist used a facial numbing creme which I believe helped a lot but at times it was painful. My face was red and tender afterwards. The redness wore off in about an hour. However, it is one week later, and my face is tender to the touch and my cheeks still feel kind of numb.

I did not see any improvement in my skin following the treatment. The only thing I've noticed is a decrease in the crows feet around my eyes. I know it takes several months to see the full effects so the jury is still out as to whether the treatment was worth the cost. I am surprised though that I have not seen others report any facial tenderness or numbness following the treatment. Even the RN that performed the treatment said the tenderness lasts about 2 weeks.

It is now 3 weeks since having the treatment. The...

It is now 3 weeks since having the treatment. The tenderness has gone away but at times my face still feels numb. Thus far I have not seen any difference in my facial appearance. What prompted me to have the procedure was to reduce fine lines around the eyes and wrinkles along the jaw line.

The doctor is excellent in his field of practise. I would recommend him for most things - as I said my opinion on whether the ultherapy was a usefull treatment is still pending.

I had this proceedure done on my jawline. It was not overly painful except where the skin is thinnest near the jaw bone. It takes a while to notice a difference eventhough I could feel tightness that evening. I did not experience any brusing or numbness. The overall effect takes a while but I am very happy with the results. As I understand it, the ultrasound stimulates collagin growth which helps increase the elasticity of the skin, thereby reversing years of natural sagging. It seems to work beter in some people which may be unique to them or a refelction of the skill of the one giving the Ultherapy treatment. It would be a good idea to check with others who have had Utherapy done to see what operators get the best results.
I was numb for over a month at my jawline ,, four days after the Ultherapy .it looked like I had made a bad attempt to HANG MYSELF .. the bruising was VERY NOTICABLE all under my jaw , .. EGADS,,, it has now been 6 weeks.. and I think I have more wrinkles on my cheeks when I smile ... 2000 ? for this??
Here's a new one, I developed shingles 3 days after ultherapy. No anti virals were given prior to Ulterapy.
I had it yesterday and feel like my smile is different. I am having a hard time smiling and feel like the right side is pulling more than the left. Is this because the area is still tight or could there be nerve damage? I understand numbness can persist or weeks, but this is different. Do you think this is a temporary side effect from the tightening? Has anyone else experienced this?
I had my neck and jowls treated. As the others comment, tenderness does last a while. I am suspect of something that's happened to me. 6 weeks after the treatment, I got a #10 sore throat. It feels like a rubber band at the top of my neck/below jawline. I ended up having a benign cyst removed from the top of my throat. It's been since May 3, 2010, 24/7, that I have been in pain and discomfort. I have no idea if the ultrasound waves could cause scar tissue. Does anyone else have similar side effects?
Yes. I had my Ultherapy on April 14, 2014 on my lower face and neck. All was well until a few days ago. I too have the severe sore throat & swollen under my chin. I want to know if this is going to go away. I called the dermatologist's office and of course, they said they had never seen this before and it must be a virus. After reading your comment, I don't think so. Please keep us posted on your progress.
No I did not experience that. But I am not impressed with the results. I think it is an expensive waste of time.
Severe skin breakouts 3 months after procedure. Acne, whiteheads and clogged pores
( blackheads ) never had a skin problem. Not hormones - late 50's
Anyone else experiencing this ?

Had it done in January and have had same problems and I am 67.

Had the treatment 6 days ago and all of a sudden I have pimples all over my cheeks. I hope they go away quick. I wanted to look a little younger but not as young as a teenager :-(
I felt numb for about a week. It did not last that long. It's about 8 months later - I am not impressed with the results at all. I would not recommend this expensive procedure.
Had the treatment done in may. Was numb for about 6 weeks. Sensation came back slowly. Not 100% yet but everyday is a little better.
I had the ULtheary 4 weeks ago tomorrow and my lower face is still numb and a little tender. Has anyone else had this experience so long after the procedure? I did have bruising that lasted about 10 days. My face does look and feel tighter, but concerned about the numbness.
I had Ultherapy only on my neck 2 weeks ago and am still feeling numb and pain in the neck area. Numbness extends into the jaw. I also had some bruising but it went away. I am hoping for the best

Hi astra,

Yes according to the community it can take up to 3 months to see full effect. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. You also might want to check out some info the company provided the community about pain and what not, it might help. What prompted you to have the procedure? Can't wait to hear how you are doing at 3 months, please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

It is over 6 months now and I really don't notice that great of a difference since doing the procedure. For the cost - I expected more - I think it is an expensive waste of time. Since then I had some botox injections around the eyes and restylane filler added below my eyes and am very happy with those results and they cost a lot less.