Ultherapy Side Effects - San Jose, CA

It has been one week since I had total neck and...

It has been one week since I had total neck and face ultherapy treatment. My dermatologist used a facial numbing creme which I believe helped a lot but at times it was painful. My face was red and tender afterwards. The redness wore off in about an hour. However, it is one week later, and my face is tender to the touch and my cheeks still feel kind of numb.

I did not see any improvement in my skin following the treatment. The only thing I've noticed is a decrease in the crows feet around my eyes. I know it takes several months to see the full effects so the jury is still out as to whether the treatment was worth the cost. I am surprised though that I have not seen others report any facial tenderness or numbness following the treatment. Even the RN that performed the treatment said the tenderness lasts about 2 weeks.

Hi astra,

Yes according to the community it can take up to 3 months to see full effect. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. You also might want to check out some info the company provided the community about pain and what not, it might help. What prompted you to have the procedure? Can't wait to hear how you are doing at 3 months, please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

It is now 3 weeks since having the treatment. The...

It is now 3 weeks since having the treatment. The tenderness has gone away but at times my face still feels numb. Thus far I have not seen any difference in my facial appearance. What prompted me to have the procedure was to reduce fine lines around the eyes and wrinkles along the jaw line.
I had this proceedure done on my jawline. It was not overly painful except where the skin is thinnest near the jaw bone. It takes a while to notice a difference eventhough I could feel tightness that evening. I did not experience any brusing or numbness. The overall effect takes a while but I am very happy with the results. As I understand it, the ultrasound stimulates collagin growth which helps increase the elasticity of the skin, thereby reversing years of natural sagging. It seems to work beter in some people which may be unique to them or a refelction of the skill of the one giving the Ultherapy treatment. It would be a good idea to check with others who have had Utherapy done to see what operators get the best results.
I was numb for over a month at my jawline ,, four days after the Ultherapy .it looked like I had made a bad attempt to HANG MYSELF .. the bruising was VERY NOTICABLE all under my jaw , .. EGADS,,, it has now been 6 weeks.. and I think I have more wrinkles on my cheeks when I smile ... 2000 ? for this??
Here's a new one, I developed shingles 3 days after ultherapy. No anti virals were given prior to Ulterapy.

The doctor is excellent in his field of practise. I would recommend him for most things - as I said my opinion on whether the ultherapy was a usefull treatment is still pending.