Breast Lift with Implant - San Jose, CR

I am so pleased with my results. I wanted my...

I am so pleased with my results. I wanted my breasts to look how they did prior to having children and that is exactly what I got.
I was 18 when I had my first child and it ravished my body. I have wanted and have been preoccupied with wanting plastic surgery since I was 18 years old. I am now 39. I plan to get a tummy tuck in a few months. I cant wait.
I love the outcome and it has only been 2 weeks.

complication

I was showing signs of an infection and went to the doctor due to redness and swelling. I had a seroma that was drained and placed on vancomycin and clindamycin which was no use because the bacteria identified is Serratia. I am now being put on Levaquin.
The doctors believe I was infected during surgery in CR. Thankfully the infection wasn't down to the implant but thankfully I had sense enough to go to the doctor before it got out of hand.
I still love my result but not sure if I would go back to CR for surgery. I'm undecided.

photos

photos

Photos

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. I am so glad to hear you went back to your doctor when you had an uneasy feeling about your healing. Sounds like your condition could have gotten a lot worse had you not followed up with your PS. Hope you are healing well now. Levaquin is powerful so be sure to watch for side effects from the medicine. Congratulations...you look great!

a turn for the worst

So today makes 3 weeks since my surgery and my implants were removed today. Honestly I don't understand why removal was my only option. My fluids were negative for infection, my blood. The infection on the incision cleared up. The redness and swelling went down and things looked nice.
The decision was made to remove because the inside stitches on the left opened and a the implant was showing through a small hole and looked black which apparently means bacteria was on the implant. So it need to come out. But being that there is no other infection couldn't they have just cleaned the pocket and put a new one in? I can't afford this so I just told them to take both out.
I'm very dissapointed I had my firdt child when I was 18 years old and have been wanting a breast lift ever since and I am preoccupied with wanting a tummy tuck. I'm a single mom and hate my body. This is so unfair and I can't even afford to do anything about it.

wow, really sorry to hear this... did all of this (explanting) happen while still in Costa Rica? I am by no means a dr., but had implants that were TOO big, then had to have a lift because of that, and had smaller implants put in. My stitches "spit" as they say (i say more like split) at the vertical/horizontal junction. I never got an infection, but i had to do alot of wet/dry gauze and then other things to get the "gunk" out until the opened areas healed over. The one on the left, underneath, actually had a small hole (looked like a hole to me) and it looked dark, what it was was a black stitch coming thru.... I was terrified until they finally closed all the way at about 6 weeks. I am curious if you had the original surgeon remove your implants. It seems very unlikely that at 2-3 weeks post op you would have an infection from the implants/surgery. I sure hope someone was not incorrect, or they would be redoing my surgery for free. Again, so sorry for your outcome :(
I am so sorry to hear this :( I am on day #16 post op an every day I still have that nervous feeling that something is going to start going wrong. Where did u first notice your redness? On the incisions under?
It was on the vertical incision. Its very upsetting. I'm not a doctor but I really don't think they needed to come out. There was no infection in my fluids that drained or blood just on the culture from the incision.

Not too bad

I had to have the implants removed but the lift is still intact. My breast still look pretty good, better than what I started with prior to surgery. They also look better than what I expected after having the implants removed. I still can't wait to put the implants back but I'll wait till at least September.

You're looking good!!
You are so right, they look great with just the lift alone! I am so sorry you experienced this and I can imagine how disappointed you must feel. They did the right thing though, infection on an implant cannot be reversed and it would have made you very sick, possibly enough to kill you over time. Trust that the doctors did what was best. I know you must feel so devastated after going through that and paying all that money. I really think your breast look great with just the lift though. Big hugs to you!
Dr. Luis Da Cruz

Dr. Da Cruz gave me exactly what I asked for and showed concern. He does things the right way and ethically. He used Silimed round textured high profile cohesive gel implant.